SFL Div 2 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll say they looked ok, still a long way from what I saw yesterday at Ashwood and what I've heard about other clubs.

I'm guessing 'the fresh' is from highett! Seriously mate ashwood will fight out bottom spot with lyndale.. Oakleigh, Clayton and probably murrumbeena will touch u up brother!!

Oakleigh were good today. Shit windy conditions they played them well.. Joshy wright seems to be a big gain for them... They just outplayed the clays from wat I saw... Clayton played pretty shit though... U will find they will bounce back strongly this week!

Good to see Skye have a strong win, could be a smoky this season!!

I'm guessing 'the fresh' is from highett! Seriously mate ashwood will fight out bottom spot with lyndale.. Oakleigh, Clayton and probably murrumbeena will touch u up brother!!

Oakleigh were good today. Shit windy conditions they played them well.. Joshy wright seems to be a big gain for them... They just outplayed the clays from wat I saw... Clayton played pretty shit though... U will find they will bounce back strongly this week!

Good to see Skye have a strong win, could be a smoky this season!!

Black Rock could barely fill a team, s much so that they have players in their side that found it hard to get games in the seconds at other clubs.

I saw enough to know that Clayton and Oakleigh both have a long way to go. Sadly because of the standard of Div 2 they will play finals.

From what I have heard thats a really impressive win by Oakleigh Districs

Everyone was saying that clayton were deadset certainties for the flag, looks like we got a new premiership favourite

South Yarra would be dissapointed with there efforts, No doubt they are gunna bounce back hard this week

tough game down at wedge rd this week I reckon!!

From what I have heard thats a really impressive win by Oakleigh Districs

Everyone was saying that clayton were deadset certainties for the flag, looks like we got a new premiership favourite

South Yarra would be dissapointed with there efforts, No doubt they are gunna bounce back hard this week

tough game down at wedge rd this week I reckon!!

Good to hear from you Mad Man.

Nah dont rate the oaks that high.

Its Skye v Beena for the flag !!!!

I wouldnt get too excited yet, still alot of improving to do by us, From what Black Rock tell us they were way undermanned, they said they had 6 out which is alot i spose

After all the pre season talk about clayton, Oakleigh winning clearly puts the up the top

Obviously an extremely good effort by Murrumbeena after what Sth Yarra produced last year

Lyndale would be very dissapointed id assume and Highett must be feeling good also, alot of talk about alot of good solid recruits down there

Along way to go, its gunna be an exciting year, I tell ya it was great to be back on the field getting a knock, taking some grabs and watching some of the improvement from our boys after a long bloody pre season

I wouldnt get too excited yet, still alot of improving to do by us, From what Black Rock tell us they were way undermanned, they said they had 6 out which is alot i spose

After all the pre season talk about clayton, Oakleigh winning clearly puts the up the top

Obviously an extremely good effort by Murrumbeena after what Sth Yarra produced last year

Lyndale would be very dissapointed id assume and Highett must be feeling good also, alot of talk about alot of good solid recruits down there

Along way to go, its gunna be an exciting year, I tell ya it was great to be back on the field getting a knock, taking some grabs and watching some of the improvement from our boys after a long bloody pre season

Black Rock were fielding players who couldn't get games in the seconds at other clubs last year. So forget the form out of that game.

Clayton were pretty poor, the forward line was good but take away Currie and they won't get the ball down there. Watch them train twice and the skill level is fairly low.
Oakleigh the same, skills in the warm up were shocking, they would be up sh*t creek without Pitts.
Both teams looked unfit.

Heard good things about Caulfield yesterday.

Highett were good against a poor Ashwood, they just need to kick straighter, but I think their quick play on style will suit them very well but we found it hard to play that style at Turner Rd in 05/06.

I'll have to see the rest, but Highett will smash Clayton this week going on what I saw this past weekend.

Black Rock were fielding players who couldn't get games in the seconds at other clubs last year. So forget the form out of that game.

Clayton were pretty poor, the forward line was good but take away Currie and they won't get the ball down there. Watch them train twice and the skill level is fairly low.
Oakleigh the same, skills in the warm up were shocking, they would be up sh*t creek without Pitts.
Both teams looked unfit.

Highett were good against a poor Ashwood, they just need to kick straighter, but I think their quick play on style will suit them very well but we found it hard to play that style at Turner Rd in 05/06.

I'll have to see the rest, but Highett will smash Clayton this week going on what I saw this past weekend.

Why dont you come out and say it. It was a player from Highett that couldnt get a game and went to Black Rock. Who gives a stuff, you can only beat who you come up against.
Skye moved the ball well on Saturday but the opposition was fairly undermanned and they werent that flash from what I saw.
Clayton V Highett should be a good game. I heard Clayton were too interested in going the man yesterday which may have cost them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both teams looked unfit.

How did Benny Williamson go Fresh? Has he got the speed of his bro Tommy?

Why dont you come out and say it. It was a player from Highett that couldnt get a game and went to Black Rock. Who gives a stuff, you can only beat who you come up against.
Skye moved the ball well on Saturday but the opposition was fairly undermanned and they werent that flash from what I saw.
Clayton V Highett should be a good game. I heard Clayton were too interested in going the man yesterday which may have cost them.

Don't get so Mean Gene, I agree with your comment you can only beat what is put out on the park.

But Fresh does make a valid point and there were more than 1 player playing in Black Rock 1sts that struggled to get games in other clubs 2's.

In fact 1 played at your club and only managed to just play 2's. Was SWOOPER there watching both sides ?

Remember guys it's a long road ahead and any win is good especially the early ones with sides trying to get new players working well together and new game plans started.:thumbsu:

clayton and oakleigh,,, the conditions were horrible dont forget, and both teams did very well to have so many scoring shots, and as for caulfield and skye, the opposition may not be the greatest but to put that sort of score on the board in round one, with so many scoring shots its not bad at all. beena and highet showed they are going to be strong...Its round one to early to tell anything......alot happens week to week....

Both teams looked unfit.

Wow. Based on One round. You must really know your football. Fresh I dont really think u can base claytons performance on sundays game. Bad conditions, they played ordinary and only lost by 3 goals. But take nothing away from Oakleigh, they look very good. Still cant see anyone getting near both these sides. U will see a different clayton this week. Trust me.

Who is gonna stop Big Richard Szersyn at full forward??

The on-ball match ups will be interesting... noticed Oakleigh targeted Ferguson on the weekend at the start of the game, could be interesting playing against his old club...

I noticed you guys picked up Jake Mounsey... Can play, played against him 2 years ago. How did he go on Saturday??

I honestly think its gonna be a cracker of a game... why couldnt this be a sunday game to lol....

Did Highett get there ground re-done?? I drove past the other day and it looks quite good....

Im looking forward to seeing Skye, they impressed me on Saturday, I know they played a weaker opposition but they moved the ball very well.

Wow. Based on One round. You must really know your football. Fresh I dont really think u can base claytons performance on sundays game. Bad conditions, they played ordinary and only lost by 3 goals. But take nothing away from Oakleigh, they look very good. Still cant see anyone getting near both these sides. U will see a different clayton this week. Trust me.

Who is gonna stop Big Richard Szersyn at full forward??

The on-ball match ups will be interesting... noticed Oakleigh targeted Ferguson on the weekend at the start of the game, could be interesting playing against his old club...

I noticed you guys picked up Jake Mounsey... Can play, played against him 2 years ago. How did he go on Saturday??

I honestly think its gonna be a cracker of a game... why couldnt this be a sunday game to lol....

Did Highett get there ground re-done?? I drove past the other day and it looks quite good....

Im looking forward to seeing Skye, they impressed me on Saturday, I know they played a weaker opposition but they moved the ball very well.

The way they moved the ball for one, yes it was windy, and at one stage it hailed but over-all it wasn't all that bad to what Highett played in on Saturday, it rained for the first 15 minutes of their game.
Clayton looked fat/unfit, Richo has been stopped before by Highett, he can be again. Stop the ball going down there and he won't get the kicks.

Joel is not the superstar people think, he's a "easy kick" player and when made to work for the ball it finds it hard for touches.

The ground was re-done over the last 12 months, I haven't been down there since the last time we played there last year but from all reports its in great condition.

Like I said, Highett played a quicker game last week, I'm not 100% sure that style/game plan works at Turner Rd. It was done in 05 and we were found to be running into dead ends and bit because of the size of the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back