SFL Div 2 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well unfortunately despite how early in the season it is, it seems like a matter of simply what order the top 5 will finish in, as they all appear streets ahead of anyone below, especially with a suddenly weaker Yarra outfit.

I'd go as far as to predict the ladder will be in the same order come season end only with Black Rock to leapfrog Ashwood.

The yarra organisation are a pathetic organisation they run a like a club 18"S football club one flick of the switch and it will be lights out:thumbsu:

Thats a bit harsh considering they have played in 2GF in the last 2 years...
It seems everyone is having a go at the Coach because he has a click of mates down there..... i was told they have had alot of players walk from the club as a result can anyone confirm or deny this????/

Thats a bit harsh considering they have played in 2GF in the last 2 years...
It seems everyone is having a go at the Coach because he has a click of mates down there..... i was told they have had alot of players walk from the club as a result can anyone confirm or deny this????/

Have heard the same View...was'nt it 13 players that left or retired at the end of last year?

Well unfortunately despite how early in the season it is, it seems like a matter of simply what order the top 5 will finish in, as they all appear streets ahead of anyone below, especially with a suddenly weaker Yarra outfit.

I'd go as far as to predict the ladder will be in the same order come season end only with Black Rock to leapfrog Ashwood.

Yeah agree with most of this except the top 4 will change by years end, Clayton will finish on top of Beena and Districts...:thumbsu::D

Oakleigh will finish top. Have had quite a few out over the past few weeks, yet have still won comfortably.

Any preference for finals venue in Div 2? Can't be at Clayton. Maybe Mordi or even Cheltenham?

Cheltenaham is a great venue Sfl take note!!!

Oakleigh will finish top. Have had quite a few out over the past few weeks, yet have still won comfortably.

Any preference for finals venue in Div 2? Can't be at Clayton. Maybe Mordi or even Cheltenham?

Yeah not cheltenham..... unless the ground has improved 70 % in the last two years, and all the atmosphere is up one end of the ground so would prefer Mordy, and not sure about Districts winning comfortably, 21 points last week and 10 the week before.

The yarra organisation are a pathetic organisation they run a like a club 18"S football club one flick of the switch and it will be lights out:thumbsu:

While I don’t claim to have intimate knowledge of the SYFC I have often wondered how they hell this club survives. Most clubs at least have a local feel about them and represent a suburb or their community. Even a club located in the middle of a market garden has some history and geographical connection. South Yarra is based in Hawthorn. Before that they played in Glen Iris. When did they actually play in South Yarra, draw players from that area or actually represent that suburb. How could you get a local business to sponsor your club in these circumstances? Not taking a pot, just curious as to how they manage to stay viable. Reckon some credit is due for resurrecting the club and then having success in such a short time.

Yeah not cheltenham..... unless the ground has improved 70 % in the last two years, and all the atmosphere is up one end of the ground so would prefer Mordy, and not sure about Districts winning comfortably, 21 points last week and 10 the week before.

Ground is really good nick. Nothing like the last few years. Council installed a big water tank over summer.
The outer can also be opened up to cars upon application to the council. No need to do it for home and away games as it is too much trouble. This would make it a great atmosphere.

We have to

pay

money

to get best player,
:eek:

you can honestly say your club does not pay players when going through the clearances i find it hard to believe that 2x mpnfl players and at least 10 other players at your club play for nix i think these other players most probably come from edfl and maybe a few country boys but hey if you can get away with out paying players good luck to your club but sooner than later these players will move on for money then will your club shell out some bucks to buy replacement players ?? :)

:eek:

you can honestly say your club does not pay players when going through the clearances i find it hard to believe that 2x mpnfl players and at least 10 other players at your club play for nix i think these other players most probably come from edfl and maybe a few country boys but hey if you can get away with out paying players good luck to your club but sooner than later these players will move on for money then will your club shell out some bucks to buy replacement players ?? :)

Firstly, your an knumbskull to quote me then change my words, whats the point of that??

Secondly, B.Walker does get an assistant coach wage, Luco doesnt get anything, maybe he's fees paid, but thats it. I know this because i am on the committee, so yes I can honestly say out of the 10 so called players you speak of 1 gets an assistant coaches wage

Thirdly, you are 100% correct. We will need to pay players in the future, no doubt about it, we will have too, just to compete with the rest of the clubs who are shelling out 100's of dollars a game, we are lucky enough to have not had to do this yet, due to us only being 5 years old we need to build the bank before we started shelling out cash to players who couldnt really care about our club!!

Go ahead inureface, name any players you want on our list, the only 2 who get something are C.Stephens (Coach) and B.walker (Ass. Coach) and if you wanna claim that membership fees is payment then no problems go right ahead, I'm sure if we were offering Kreskas free membership he'd take that over the 150 a game he'd get offered elsewhere.....

go ahead, mis quote this email superstar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, your an knumbskull to quote me then change my words, whats the point of that??

Secondly, B.Walker does get an assistant coach wage, Luco doesnt get anything, maybe he's fees paid, but thats it. I know this because i am on the committee, so yes I can honestly say out of the 10 so called players you speak of 1 gets an assistant coaches wage

Thirdly, you are 100% correct. We will need to pay players in the future, no doubt about it, we will have too, just to compete with the rest of the clubs who are shelling out 100's of dollars a game, we are lucky enough to have not had to do this yet, due to us only being 5 years old we need to build the bank before we started shelling out cash to players who couldnt really care about our club!!

Go ahead inureface, name any players you want on our list, the only 2 who get something are C.Stephens (Coach) and B.walker (Ass. Coach) and if you wanna claim that membership fees is payment then no problems go right ahead, I'm sure if we were offering Kreskas free membership he'd take that over the 150 a game he'd get offered elsewhere.....

go ahead, mis quote this email superstar

firstly lighten the **** up secondly you have answered my question thirdly i know i am correct if your club is to succeed and finally did you offer kreskas free membership ................ thank you for your honest reply

As for the tool from Lyndale saying Mick Allen went for the coaching job - how is your senior coach tracking at the minute?

Like I said yesterday I am pretty sure that Mick Allen has not applied for our senior job over the last few years. Gopumas is not from Lyndale.

And our senior coach is tracking pretty well at the moment, we don't have the players to compete with some of the clubs in Div 2 and we are aware of this. Take 15 players out of any team and it doesn't matter where you finished the year before you are going to struggle.

So any updates on who Kreskas has been speaking to? I hear Clayton, but he seems like the sort of person who likes people p1ss1ng in his pocket so no doubt he is speaking to a few clubs so he can hear how good he thinks he is. Why would Sth Yarra get rid of a bloke who won the Div 2 b&f (I'm sure he loves to hear that sentence over and over)? He must of been a real handful and done something bad enough for them to want him out. That would serve as a warning to other teams you would think. It would probably be in the interests of whoever decides to take him on to contact Sth Yarra and have a chat I reckon.

So any updates on who Kreskas has been speaking to? I hear Clayton, but he seems like the sort of person who likes people p1ss1ng in his pocket so no doubt he is speaking to a few clubs so he can hear how good he thinks he is. Why would Sth Yarra get rid of a bloke who won the Div 2 b&f (I'm sure he loves to hear that sentence over and over)? He must of been a real handful and done something bad enough for them to want him out. That would serve as a warning to other teams you would think. It would probably be in the interests of whoever decides to take him on to contact Sth Yarra and have a chat I reckon.
Signed with Clayton on Sunday night. You can see the clearance has been lodged on the SFL website...

And they didnt get rid of him, he wanted out!! Was talking to Sth yarra coach during the week and he said they tried to keep him, but he wanted to leave cause the lack of professionalism of the club...

firstly lighten the **** up secondly you have answered my question thirdly i know i am correct if your club is to succeed and finally did you offer kreskas free membership ................ thank you for your honest reply

Not that I know of

but to be truthful, I hope we did, no matter what you say, he is a Gun, I would gladly pay him per game if we had the money

hopefully we did offer free membership and hopefully he takes it

But to tell you the truth i have no idea, thats the coaches area, id assume the committee would only find out about it afterwards

but i think we all know that he is going to clayton

Bomberfight - You spoke to Sth Yarra's coach and the coach said that Krekas left because the club was unprofessional? Why would a coach say that his own club is unprofessional? Sounds to me as though you are making stuff up.

The truth is it was a clash of ego s
Kreskas is nothing but trouble just look at the carnage he has left behind every club he has been part of.....:thumbsdown:

Spot on, my earlier post got deleted somehow, but as I said it all came to a head with Yarra when he cried to the bench after being dragged midway through a 220 point rout (he was on the winning team). You have to question one's motives for playing football when you carry on in this situation.

In saying what has been said about Yarra's, they seem to pull players in groups ie. word of mouth, which is testament to whoever said they don't get people from the local area, it's all through mates. But then again, a lot of clubs operate the same.

Skye are doing well if Madman isn't telling Porky Pies, but looking into the Crystal Ball I can see the Bombers taking a nosedive in the near future if their colt players don't step up (and stick around) for senior football.

In relation to labeling South Yarra a pathetic club - I find that a ludicrous comment. I've witnessed numerous Division 2 games this season and in terms of professionalism they would rank in the top 3 teams. Unfortunately if you don't have the cattle it's very hard to push for a top spot. Success shouldn't be determined by where you necessarily finish on the ladder. The coach seems to be well organised, training sessions varied(website), numerous volunteers on game day and a professional playing group. That's far more than I can say about some other teams sitting in the top 5. Murrumbeena might have quality players but the way there senior group act, carry on and approach the game is U12 like. As for the tool from Lyndale saying Mick Allen went for the coaching job - how is your senior coach tracking at the minute?

South Yarra top 3 for professionalism, your having a laugh??? Multiple good players leaving in pre-season, now last years B&F walks over a dispute with the coach mid-season, not real professional to me.
As for slating Beena, spare me, you are clearly from a team we have beaten and didn't like it, get over it.

South Yarra top 3 for professionalism, your having a laugh??? Multiple good players leaving in pre-season, now last years B&F walks over a dispute with the coach mid-season, not real professional to me.
As for slating Beena, spare me, you are clearly from a team we have beaten and didn't like it, get over it.

Beena seem like a quality outfit to me, Yarra also appear to be a friendly outfit on the surface but have some internal problems for those involved more closely

I had to read this a couple of times to try and make sense of whatever it is your trying to say,
No doubt he is speaking to a few clubs so he can hear how good he thinks he is?? um he won the League B@F Last year why would'nt he be happy with that im sure any normal person would be !!
Why would Yarra get rid of him, "Exactly" why would they ?? he left them.
Oh yeah lets ring Yarra and see what they think about taking on their best midfielder !! are you serious, what the hell do you think they would say, oh yeah mate no worries he is a great bloke and we are delighted that he is leaving us mid season which now takes our tally to around 14 or 15 that have left or retired since last years grand final loss, and we look forward to trying to find a replacement. fair dinkum what world are you living in champ ?? :eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back