SFL Div 2 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time viewer, first time poster.
I know Caulfield are playing Lyndale. Will be a very interesting match indeed but tipping Caulfield in a tight one.
See Black Rock have already announced a 22 year old captain for the year on their website.
Is it true Murrumbeena have joint coaches ?

Very interesting to see them appoint D. Dewar, such a young captain as well as a first year player for the club after walking away from St Pauls in Div1.
Many of us at Bentleigh have played seasons along side both Dewar brothers as St Pauls players would come play through our club when they did not have certain age groups (U19s and 17s a few years back).
Looking forward to the contests with Black Rock in 2011!!

Very interesting to see them appoint D. Dewar, such a young captain as well as a first year player for the club after walking away from St Pauls in Div1.
Many of us at Bentleigh have played seasons along side both Dewar brothers as St Pauls players would come play through our club when they did not have certain age groups (U19s and 17s a few years back).
Looking forward to the contests with Black Rock in 2011!!

Mate both Dewar boy's are more than capable of dealing with anything Bentleigh can dish out, good decision by the rockers to head in that direction. Hopefully the club can turn things around, as their past has not been to flash.:D

Mate both Dewar boy's are more than capable of dealing with anything Bentleigh can dish out, good decision by the rockers to head in that direction. Hopefully the club can turn things around, as their past has not been to flash.:D

so are you saying these are the toughest footballers in S.F.L. :D

so are you saying these are the toughest footballers in S.F.L. :D

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.:cool:

I rate these boys as players and i personally dont think that Bentleigh have anyone that will bother them to much.
Thats all just an opinion on what was said.:D
We only have to wait till round 2 to find out..:thumbsu:

I rate these boys as players and i personally dont think that Bentleigh have anyone that will bother them to much.

if you use the word" DISH OUT" what am i to think:eek: these so called BOY,S are actually MEN :rolleyes: will be interested in the result :):):):)

Do you think it's a good move by Black Rock to appoint Dewar as Captain ?

I wasn't even saying anything like "we have them covered" but somehow you read my post as some sort of attack :confused:
Simply said we've played along side the Dewars and it will be interesting playing against them, as it always is with people you are mates with or have played with in the past.
Could make for a healthy Bentleigh/Black Rock rivalry though.. being new to this comp don't know much about recent history but are there any good existing rivalries within div2?

I wasn't even saying anything like "we have them covered" but somehow you read my post as some sort of attack :confused:
Simply said we've played along side the Dewars and it will be interesting playing against them, as it always is with people you are mates with or have played with in the past.
Could make for a healthy Bentleigh/Black Rock rivalry though.. being new to this comp don't know much about recent history but are there any good existing rivalries within div2?

No doubt you will have a good rivalry with the rockers with you knowing a few of them.
Only my opinion but nobody likes South Yarra.:D
Districts and Highett have a healthy dislike for each other as both have been there abouts the last few years.

Not sure if anyone would be keen, but tonight at 6pm in ther CBD, there's a free seminar covering the topic of Maximising Matchday Experience, with keynote speakers from Cricket Victoria and a consultant to the Aus Tennis Open.

If you're into sports/marketing/sports admin/social media or just a sports fan, I can highly recommend going along for a look. They're always great nights with great insights from industry leaders

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/860...referrer=&discount=&affiliate=&eventpassword=

P.S. The MC for the night is the great man Ed Wyatt from SEN.

Not sure if anyone would be keen, but tonight at 6pm in ther CBD, there's a free seminar covering the topic of Maximising Matchday Experience, with keynote speakers from Cricket Victoria and a consultant to the Aus Tennis Open.

How are things down at the Bear Cave, Any recruits or departures to report.

Have you found a new president yet, poor Joffa must be sick of it by now?

How are things down at the Bear Cave, Any recruits or departures to report.

Have you found a new president yet, poor Joffa must be sick of it by now?

Bears have been getting 10 to training not tracking that well.

Rumour has it Luke Mann will be joining the Rockers. Played with Croydon last year and has been training with Noble Park this year. That's the biggest recruit this year in Division 2 by a country mile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaun White from Pines to Skye??? massive recruit for the bombers

Dont know about that one. The Skye boys are going along nicely at the moment but they are playing there cards very close to there chest. I did hear a big whisper that N. Stockley has moved across there though. Good pick up for the Bombers. I think you will see quite a few boys from the MPNFL lining up for the bombers also. Very interesting.

Do you think it's a good move by Black Rock to appoint Dewar as Captain ?

Having known the Dave Dewar since juniors, i can say that he will be a great leader at the club.

His attack on the football is second to none and never shirks a contest.

There won't be many full forwards that will get the better of him this year.

Dont know about that one. The Skye boys are going along nicely at the moment but they are playing there cards very close to there chest. I did hear a big whisper that N. Stockley has moved across there though. Good pick up for the Bombers. I think you will see quite a few boys from the MPNFL lining up for the bombers also. Very interesting.[/quote

Mate if they do manage to pick up Shaun White thats a huge pick up coz from all reports he is a gun and only around 19 or 20.
Good on them if they can do it.:thumbsu:

No answer out of anyone at Caulfield yet, I have heard down at the Cricket Club they are in real trouble, no committee, no numbers on the track. Things not looking good at all. We might have a 10 team competition after all.

No answer out of anyone at Caulfield yet, I have heard down at the Cricket Club they are in real trouble, no committee, no numbers on the track. Things not looking good at all. We might have a 10 team competition after all.

Ah well at least we wont get anymore stupid comments in the record.:cool:
But it is a shame to see any long term club going under..

:)
There is always an exeption to the rule mate, and i would be happy to see the last of em too...:D

any other intra club matches this week SKYE Wednesday BLACK ROCK Friday night can some body give us a run down on the games" thanks:):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back