SFL Div 2 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't play there at all.. Not looking for any bites either..

Don't know much about the leagues over here.. So just looking around..

Will be going down and having a look at training..

I'll save you some trouble, come 20 mins down the road to Arthur St, Bentleigh. Great club, best ground & facilities in the area ;)

YOU GO DOWN THERE AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COACH OR A PLAYER AND HAVE A RUN DONT JUST LOOK GET OUT AND TALK TO PLAYERS STAY ROUND FOR A LEMONADE AND THEN TRY ANOTHER CLUB SEE WHICH ONE YOU LIKE THE BEST:) AINT ROCKET SCIENCE:D YOU WILL FIND THE LIST OF OTHER CLUBS ON THE SOUTHERN FOOTBALL LEAGUE SITE:) GL:thumbsu:

Make no mistake - ALL the Black Rock recruits are training and there are some seriously good players among them. Pretty strong signs that 2010 was an abberration.

What about 2009 you where pretty bad then aswell. Black Rock have a massive pre-season every year but the club recruits are all spuds....We will enjoy beating you by 100plus again....

Springy had a good hit out first session back last night. The boys have come back in tip-top shape. I can't wait till round one when we get the juggernaut rolling.

Make no mistake - ALL the Black Rock recruits are training and there are some seriously good players among them. Pretty strong signs that 2010 was an abberration.

What about 2009 you where pretty bad then aswell. Black Rock have a massive pre-season every year but the club recruits are all spuds....We will enjoy beating you by 100plus again....

I would have though ex.Fremantle listed player Krieger & Div 1 2008 premiership backman D.Dewar are far from being spuds.

Throw in Tom Dewar who was the best on for St Pauls in the 07 grand final loss and has a great set of hands in a pack marking situation.

Not sure about any of the other recruits, haven't heard much but those 3 will add something to the team, so i wouldn't get ahead of yourself.

I would have though ex.Fremantle listed player Krieger & Div 1 2008 premiership backman D.Dewar are far from being spuds.

Throw in Tom Dewar who was the best on for St Pauls in the 07 grand final loss and has a great set of hands in a pack marking situation.

Not sure about any of the other recruits, haven't heard much but those 3 will add something to the team, so i wouldn't get ahead of yourself.

Doesn't matter who their recruits are. They are just making up the numbers in Div 2.

krieger is as soft as they come. freamantle drafted him on potential only. Has done nothing his whole career and will continue to do nothing. Recruiting Krieger is the exact reaason blackrock is shit

krieger is as soft as they come. freamantle drafted him on potential only. Has done nothing his whole career and will continue to do nothing. Recruiting Krieger is the exact reaason blackrock is shit

Watch him tear Div 2 to shreds.

There is a big difference between being an outside type player & being soft.

I'm pretty sure getting drafted for 2 years on an AFL list is a fairly decent achievement for anyone.

Do you think he will really strugle in Div 2 Southern?

Get your hand of it, the gap between league footy and SFL div 2 is the length of the great wall.

Cerberus had a bloke going back a few years, who plays in the WAFL, can't remeber his name, but a full forward. That fella kicked big bags and was somewhat unstoppable.

35 on the track the week before xmas. Black Rock will be competitive, most probably mid table, might sneak in the top 5. Don't get too far ahead of yourself BP.

They may be competitive buts thats it. The club has a big cultural issue down there and
it's not going to change over night because they have some new young blood with no experience. Big challenge for the new coach with a shocking oval and terrible lights for training. Coupled by a commitee that would rather hand out drink cards than hand over any cash. Big Joey Kreiger hard work is the word ask the st pauls boys. Big ego. The good news is they have moved on white the biggest pest in the sfl.

gee mate, you sound terribly well informed - NOT.

Significant influx of quality recruits (not just one) TICK
Cultural Change Executed - TICK
Several players moved on (again, not just one) - TICK
Upgraded committee with mix of footy and corporate backgrounds - TICK
Lights replacement by R 1 - TICK
Surface refurbishment by R1 - TICK

I think this nukes your views, mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gee mate, you sound terribly well informed - NOT.

Significant influx of quality recruits (not just one) TICK
Cultural Change Executed - TICK
Several players moved on (again, not just one) - TICK
Upgraded committee with mix of footy and corporate backgrounds - TICK
Lights replacement by R 1 - TICK
Surface refurbishment by R1 - TICK

I think this nukes your views, mate!

I think there is a fair bit more to be done to change the culture - but from what i hear they are going in the right direction. Decent training lights will help.

Culture change at black rock, good luck. Social club not a football club. That is all. New lights should assist in winning games. Time will tell. By about round 5 should have a fair indication. Good luck with your drink cards and beer sales.

I saw in the local paper that Black Rock's new coach has been given the boot from his job as senior coach of Ormond Cricket club. It doesn't say what for but he said he wasn't a violent person normally. Does anyone know what happenned?

I don't know about other clubs, but we wouldn't be a happy if our coach was getting this kind of publicity.

I saw in the local paper that Black Rock's new coach has been given the boot from his job as senior coach of Ormond Cricket club. It doesn't say what for but he said he wasn't a violent person normally. Does anyone know what happenned?

I don't know about other clubs, but we wouldn't be a happy if our coach was getting this kind of publicity.

Now before all his supporters hook into me this is just what I have heard. The person is question is a gun cricketer and no doubt the best player at the club however, despite being senior coach, he allegedly refused to play in the firsts due to some conflict with the captain. As a consequence he had a disagreement with a committee member, which turned in to a bit of dust up. The seriousness of that I don’t know but I have heard the other party is about 5.4”, the wrong side of 50 and about half the weight of the big man. I don’t know the end result but with those odds you reckon there could only be one outcome.

Now this might be wildly inaccurate. Perhaps he was provoked or maybe someone else has a more accurate version but as the question was asked I am just posting what I heard.

Now before all his supporters hook into me this is just what I have heard. The person is question is a gun cricketer and no doubt the best player at the club however, despite being senior coach, he allegedly refused to play in the firsts due to some conflict with the captain. As a consequence he had a disagreement with a committee member, which turned in to a bit of dust up. The seriousness of that I don’t know but I have heard the other party is about 5.4”, the wrong side of 50 and about half the weight of the big man. I don’t know the end result but with those odds you reckon there could only be one outcome.

Now this might be wildly inaccurate. Perhaps he was provoked or maybe someone else has a more accurate version but as the question was asked I am just posting what I heard.

heard the same thing from a mates mate who plays there weak if true :):):):):)

Sounds like the kinda guy that you want changing your culture.....:thumbsdown:

They may be competitive buts thats it. The club has a big cultural issue down there and
it's not going to change over night because they have some new young blood with no experience. Big challenge for the new coach with a shocking oval and terrible lights for training. Coupled by a commitee that would rather hand out drink cards than hand over any cash. Big Joey Kreiger hard work is the word ask the st pauls boys. Big ego. The good news is they have moved on white the biggest pest in the sfl.

I was also skeptical when it came to Black Rock and whether they would be able to slowly implement change. I don't think any club can change the culture over night but they have made some giant steps forward but still have a very long way to go. They are a very young group and lack the seasoned campaigners but at least they have a young list and they will certainly get better & better as the year goes on and could potentially be a powerhouse in 2 to 3 years. Majority of the group are 23 or under but credit must be given to the club for making wholesale changes to the dynamics of the clubs playing group. Would you rather run around with an aging list who can't make the step into division 1 and will always be a battling division 2 team without a future or do what Black Rock have done. I understand that the forum is generally used to stir the pot and I've been as guilty as anyone but well done to the Black Rock Football Club and I would hope the people out there who support the SFL could also congratulate the club for a job well done. Not many times a club recruits that many in a season without a hefty budget.

I was also skeptical when it came to Black Rock and whether they would be able to slowly implement change. I don't think any club can change the culture over night but they have made some giant steps forward but still have a very long way to go. They are a very young group and lack the seasoned campaigners but at least they have a young list and they will certainly get better & better as the year goes on and could potentially be a powerhouse in 2 to 3 years. Majority of the group are 23 or under but credit must be given to the club for making wholesale changes to the dynamics of the clubs playing group. Would you rather run around with an aging list who can't make the step into division 1 and will always be a battling division 2 team without a future or do what Black Rock have done. I understand that the forum is generally used to stir the pot and I've been as guilty as anyone but well done to the Black Rock Football Club and I would hope the people out there who support the SFL could also congratulate the club for a job well done. Not many times a club recruits that many in a season without a hefty budget.

i can inform you that black rock have had no more than twenty players training last 4 sessions and this is FACT:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I thinks its best that you moved on brother - the playing group at Black Rock now represent a clear and focussed future.

Also interesting that some scribes still have trouble counting

Anyway, to speak for my own club, Bentleigh are being put through the paces with high quality sessions run by ex-Melbourne AFL footballer Daniel Bell. Strong numbers, plenty of faces rumoured to be leaving are still around :thumbsu:
3 prac matches lined up in March, not sure who against. Does anyone have matches planned at this stage against another side in this division?

Anyway, to speak for my own club, Bentleigh are being put through the paces with high quality sessions run by ex-Melbourne AFL footballer Daniel Bell. Strong numbers, plenty of faces rumoured to be leaving are still around :thumbsu:
3 prac matches lined up in March, not sure who against. Does anyone have matches planned at this stage against another side in this division?

Long time viewer, first time poster.
I know Caulfield are playing Lyndale. Will be a very interesting match indeed but tipping Caulfield in a tight one.
See Black Rock have already announced a 22 year old captain for the year on their website.
Is it true Murrumbeena have joint coaches ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back