SFL Div 2 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The competition this year in the top half looks really even. Bentleigh have lost two games by under a kick and Beena have won two the same way, so they could swap in the second half. Highett and Springy haven't blown away other contenders. There should be five teams who fancy their chances this year. Might come down to injuries at the business end.

Don't forget the Rockers chances. New team learning to play together. Will gell together well in the coming weeks which the results will show!

Two sides undefeated plus 18 players over and I'm circling, give me a break. Just keeping an interest. Bears have 3 ex Glen Eira players, hopefully enjoying the success

All the best to Glen Eira ,hope they have a good season. If you have extra players as you have indicated send them down to Caulfield for a game!

I think it's common knowledge that Caulfield is a little light on for numbers at the minute, (highlighting that in posts probably doesn't help that much) however they have many good people down there and I'm sure they are well aware of their situation and are doing their best to address it.

Also good luck to Caulfield for the rest of the season!

Don't forget the Rockers chances. New team learning to play together. Will gell together well in the coming weeks which the results will show!

I am sorry rocking toon, but BR have no height no strength and no aggression. Their key player is a sook and gets the losers limp to easy. Beshara needs to play, he wont kick bags, but he will spread a few packs and at least be intimidating, which they lack badly. You won't pull up to sore after playing BR cause they just aren't big enough to play physical. If they are going to be a running side they need to take a leaf out of Bentleighs books, run hard good skills.

Bentleigh gave springy a shake on a small ground, imagine them on springy's ground. If bentleigh make the finals i think they will be a real chance on either Springy or Mordi. I haven't seen Highett or the Beena yet and oakleigh are there abouts. Top five are definetly ahead of the rest.

Then there is Hampton, bit of a wild card. Got some good players on their list, bit of luck in the close ones and they might pop up as well. Sth Yarra will win a few but won't be finals contenders.

Unfortunately for Ashwood i think they along with Caulfield will be playing for relegation.

Premiers will be Springy.

All the best to Glen Eira ,hope they have a good season. If you have extra players as you have indicated send them down to Caulfield for a game!

I think it's common knowledge that Caulfield is a little light on for numbers at the minute, (highlighting that in posts probably doesn't help that much) however they have many good people down there and I'm sure they are well aware of their situation and are doing their best to address it.

Also good luck to Caulfield for the rest of the season!
bears will get through tough times, could be that princes park being eyed off rather than players. a very bleak saturday may test numbers.

hey gents (ladies) ive just started following this league (skye) ive come from coaching in the MPNFL and ony seen two games with both caufield and ashwood both at skye and just hoping someone could inform me is there any other team struggling more then the bears, with all respect and hats off their still having a kick but some of their players would be suited in the outer with a coldie. I dont mean to be negative with my first post but thts how i saw it.

hey gents (ladies) ive just started following this league (skye) ive come from coaching in the MPNFL and ony seen two games with both caufield and ashwood both at skye and just hoping someone could inform me is there any other team struggling more then the bears, with all respect and hats off their still having a kick but some of their players would be suited in the outer with a coldie. I dont mean to be negative with my first post but thts how i saw it.

well good for you an ex mpnfl coach ,cant wait for some positives from you:eek::eek::eek:

yes give them credit for having a crack, how did the one's look?

I notice that the structure of the ladder has now changed & we are now being awarded 4 points for the bye & no more match ratio, thus changing some positons on the ladder. I asked the league why this was changed part way through the season & this was the SFL Operations Manager's response:

The ladders were changed yesterday due to a number of requests from clubs. The match ratio ladder works well in certain circumstances, but it was deemed unnecessary in this instance. The allocation of points for a bye was however not how we wanted this set up, and that has since been corrected.

Probably better & easier to understand this way & will equal itself out in the end, just not sure why they'd change because of a few clubs?

I notice that the structure of the ladder has now changed & we are now being awarded 4 points for the bye & no more match ratio, thus changing some positons on the ladder. I asked the league why this was changed part way through the season & this was the SFL Operations Manager's response:

Probably better & easier to understand this way & will equal itself out in the end, just not sure why they'd change because of a few clubs?

Get's the Bears on the board. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu::thumbsu: to the Bears yesterday. Even though they got a bit of a hiding the boys played in great spirit, fought hard for 4 qtrs and then I wouldn't be far off saying nearly the whole club stayed back for a drink, great turn out in the rooms after!

Hampton looked quite impressive against the rockers. The really big positive for the hammers was Scott had zero impact and was well held but they had plenty of other avenues. The rockers on the other hand really need a key forward and a ruckman, if they could find those two things they would potentially be a dangerous side.

Hampton looked quite impressive against the rockers. The really big positive for the hammers was Scott had zero impact and was well held but they had plenty of other avenues. The rockers on the other hand really need a key forward and a ruckman, if they could find those two things they would potentially be a dangerous side.

Don't they have Joe Krieger?

So does anyone know what the deal is springy districts? Is the engraving of 2011 premiers already in the process?

So does anyone know what the deal is springy districts? Is the engraving of 2011 premiers already in the process?

I was with a players father on Sunday. He reckons they have some injury problems to key players but they are not playing great. Have lost two games by under a kick. I know Walker didn't play but I'm not sure who else was missing.

What's the go with Skye! Heard they gave away 9 x 50 m penalties in the last half V Oaks? Surely they must realise that mental toughness is more important in the higher grades!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back