SFL Div 2 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to argue with your post Jamster. Springvale were definitely very very good when Bentleigh played them a few weeks back. They are the benchmark, not us. The Highett game was close and could have gone either way. All teams will be hitting full strength soon so it will be interesting.
Bentleigh won their last grand final they were in and with most of the side being very young you couldn't say the choking history you have mentioned would apply to this group.

Considering Bentleigh has not beaten Springvale or Highett this season, I cannot fathom how they can adopt this attitude. Bentleigh has a history of choking in the big matches as they did on numerous occasions when they were in the Ammo's, especially in Grand Finals. I would love to see them get into Division 1, but from what I have seen this year, I think they will fall short.In fact would not be surprised if they went out in straight sets.
Bentleigh were a "powerhouse" in the lowest sections of the Ammos. Their 2's quite formidable last year. BFC10 may have an opinion.

Just curious, which 2nd divy clubs will be seeking new coaches in 2012? Are blackrock looking, or are they going to stick with the current set up? Heard on the grapevine a few good divy one players might be looking at playing/coaching roles. Always an interesting time of year.[/quo
Beshara will be signed for sure. How could he not.

BIG Beshara has been re-signed for a further 2 years and will lead his side to 9th on the week-end. Already got a couple of names lined up for next season!

Thats a good signing by the rockers. While they haven't got the results this year they look far more professional and seem to be a very young talented group, they are more deserving then ashwood to stay up in my opinion. Now my dark horse for the flag is oakleigh those big bodies is finals are key.

It's nice of you to have an attempt at this, and I won't because I obviously only get to see each side once, maybe twice but from what I have seen and heard, the highlighted players should not be in your side.

Fermanis is the most overrated player I have ever come across, slow, scared, and skills are pathetic. He only gets the ball because his team mates will look for him every time. I would much rather atleast 5 or 6 other oakleigh players to have the ball in their hands over him.
The others you mentioned are just not good enough, but we are considering a division 2 side from the SFL, nevertheless, there are many, many better players you could slot in there over the guys I have highlighted.

You are forgiven however, as I stated previously, and you are probably just going off the best players written in the record each week.

I've seen Marshall in most games this year, haven't seen a ruckman get near him around the ground and kicks goals.

It's nice of you to have an attempt at this, and I won't because I obviously only get to see each side once, maybe twice but from what I have seen and heard, the highlighted players should not be in your side.

Fermanis is the most overrated player I have ever come across, slow, scared, and skills are pathetic. He only gets the ball because his team mates will look for him every time. I would much rather atleast 5 or 6 other oakleigh players to have the ball in their hands over him.
The others you mentioned are just not good enough, but we are considering a division 2 side from the SFL, nevertheless, there are many, many better players you could slot in there over the guys I have highlighted.

You are forgiven however, as I stated previously, and you are probably just going off the best players written in the record each week.

Some comical scenes at the Bentleigh Oakleigh Districts reserves game with the Bentleigh runner getting involved in a scuffle then the Oakleigh coach being restrained as he tried to get to the Bentleigh runner on the bench.
On another note why do Bentleigh have 3-4 players that are CLEARLY better players than blokes running around in there seniors one of them being Brandon Hunt??
Its not a criticism just an observation

Some comical scenes at the Bentleigh Oakleigh Districts reserves game with the Bentleigh runner getting involved in a scuffle then the Oakleigh coach being restrained as he tried to get to the Bentleigh runner on the bench.
On another note why do Bentleigh have 3-4 players that are CLEARLY better players than blokes running around in there seniors one of them being Brandon Hunt??

Bentleigh have had a few incidents this year involving non players. They need to stamp it out because it can create an explosive situation. Of course being new they are one of the SFL golden children so everything gets swept under the carpet.

The bentleigh runner has been involved in atleast 5 scuffles this year with oppositionn players. that i have heard about, so most likely more.
from all reports his aspirations get mixed up with his capabilities, however, my information, given from a bentleigh committee member, is that this runner has been instructed from a few high ranking bentleigh officials, as well as encouraged from the coaching panel to commit these incidents whilst on the ground.
The comment previousl;y that they are the golden child of the SFL is not far wrong, they believe they will not be sanctioned for this approach hence why they use it to put their opposition off.

I personally hope an opposition player knocks his block off, as we do not need people like this around our league, nor do we need a club like bentleigh trying to bend the rules, as well as running their mouth off about how good they think they are.

The bentleigh runner has been involved in atleast 5 scuffles this year with oppositionn players. that i have heard about, so most likely more.
from all reports his aspirations get mixed up with his capabilities, however, my information, given from a bentleigh committee member, is that this runner has been instructed from a few high ranking bentleigh officials, as well as encouraged from the coaching panel to commit these incidents whilst on the ground.
The comment previousl;y that they are the golden child of the SFL is not far wrong, they believe they will not be sanctioned for this approach hence why they use it to put their opposition off.

I personally hope an opposition player knocks his block off, as we do not need people like this around our league, nor do we need a club like bentleigh trying to bend the rules, as well as running their mouth off about how good they think they are.

Just to clarify, we do not have the same runner each week and the player doing the job on during the Oak Dist. game was doing it for the first time as he has probably played about 90% of games this year. I was not near the "scuffle" and I know runners getting involved is the complete opposite of the right thing to do. If I were closer I would've thrown him out myself. Very dangerous position for any runner to put themselves in!!

Just to clarify, we do not have the same runner each week and the player doing the job on during the Oak Dist. game was doing it for the first time as he has probably played about 90% of games this year. I was not near the "scuffle" and I know runners getting involved is the complete opposite of the right thing to do. If I were closer I would've thrown him out myself. Very dangerous position for any runner to put themselves in!!

my apologies, i was referring to the senior runner.

however, it obviously flows through to whomever may be runner in the reserves each weekend.

political-pictures-mark-sanford-bullshit-eye.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you think was not good enough to be in the Bentleigh seniors on the weekend?

Just curious, which 2nd divy clubs will be seeking new coaches in 2012? Are blackrock looking, or are they going to stick with the current set up? Heard on the grapevine a few good divy one players might be looking at playing/coaching roles. Always an interesting time of year.[/quo
Beshara will be signed for sure. How could he not.

little rumor floating around is that tony purcella has been told his services are no longer required at Hampton can anyone confirm that???

I think the most comical scene was the umpire (who seemed way to friendly with Oakleigh players) refusing to stop the game for a head count when Oakleigh played the first 4 minutes of the third quarter with 19 on the field.
But yes the Oakleigh coach doing the 'hold me back, hold me back' act was just as funny.

I've just come from a luncheon with some VAFA personel, their opinion of the SFL is quite remarkable, although predictable. They are all of the believe that the SFL has proved how weak a competition it is with Bentleigh, a struggler in their lower divisions, being a side that will be in division 1 next year.
I think it is in the best interest of all SFL supporters to prove this wrong, although with the arrogance Bentleigh FC have showing, I would not dare to suggest the majority of folk will be supporting Highett, Oakleigh Districts and Springvale Districts throughout the finals.
I struggle to find the comprehension that VAFA think they are so far above everyone else, and how Bentleigh, who are yet to beat the 2 sides above them, can think they are such certainties for the flag.

Good luck to all but Bentleigh throughout the finals series, lets hope its a great display of what the SFL has to offer in all divisions.

I've just come from a luncheon with some VAFA personel, their opinion of the SFL is quite remarkable, although predictable. They are all of the believe that the SFL has proved how weak a competition it is with Bentleigh, a struggler in their lower divisions, being a side that will be in division 1 next year.
I think it is in the best interest of all SFL supporters to prove this wrong, although with the arrogance Bentleigh FC have showing, I would not dare to suggest the majority of folk will be supporting Highett, Oakleigh Districts and Springvale Districts throughout the finals.
I struggle to find the comprehension that VAFA think they are so far above everyone else, and how Bentleigh, who are yet to beat the 2 sides above them, can think they are such certainties for the flag.

Good luck to all but Bentleigh throughout the finals series, lets hope its a great display of what the SFL has to offer in all divisions.
Good luck to them, a good effort to make finals after finishing just above the drop zone in VAFA D2.

Biggest load of rubbish I have read for sometime.

Coming into the SFL bentleigh just wanted to be competitive this year. First year in a new competition and we wanted to set realistic goals. If we were to make finals that would be a bonus, but being competitive was the #1 priority for the club.

Where you get this arrogance or certainties for the flag is beyond me. Springvale are miles ahead of the pack. Well drilled, great spine and know how to win their own footy. As you said, Bentleigh haven't beat the two sides above them this year, so your crap that they are saying their certainties is absolute bull.

Biggest load of rubbish I have read for sometime.

Coming into the SFL bentleigh just wanted to be competitive this year. First year in a new competition and we wanted to set realistic goals. If we were to make finals that would be a bonus, but being competitive was the #1 priority for the club.

Where you get this arrogance or certainties for the flag is beyond me. Springvale are miles ahead of the pack. Well drilled, great spine and know how to win their own footy. As you said, Bentleigh haven't beat the two sides above them this year, so your crap that they are saying their certainties is absolute bull.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Bentleigh demand to be in SFL Div 1 when they joined? They thought they were above the lower grades.

little rumor floating around is that tony purcella has been told his services are no longer required at Hampton can anyone confirm that???

Lachlan Oakley to get the job. Currently playing for Parkdale Vultures but played 100+ VFL games with Sandy and won the WAFL goalkicking in 2005 with Subiaco (80 goals).

Would be a great coup for Hampton.

Lachlan Oakley to get the job. Currently playing for Parkdale Vultures but played 100+ VFL games with Sandy and won the WAFL goalkicking in 2005 with Subiaco (80 goals).

Would be a great coup for Hampton.

WOULD BE A GREAT COUP
So long as the guys not on the wrong side of 35. Has coached before?
Can bring a group of players with him ?

YOU CAN PLAY AT AN ELITE LEVEL, BUT COACHING IS ANOTHER THING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back