SFL Div 3 Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLAYER QUALIFICATION FOR SFL FINAL SERIES SENIOR/RESERVE GRADE-2008
·A player must play a minimum 6 CLUB GAMES to qualify for SENIOR or RESERVE grade finals in ALL DIVISIONS
(Ref:By-law 4.42.1.3)

·A player must play 4 of the 6 CLUB GAMES in the Reserves to be ELIGIBLE to play RESERVE grade finals in ALL DIVISIONS

·A player who plays in 10 OR MORE senior games is INELIGIBLE to play RESERVE grade finals in ALL DIVISIONS
(Ref:By-law 4.42.1.2)

·A player (Under 19 years as at 01.01.08) is ELIGIBLE to play in either grade irrespective of SENIOR or RESERVE games played in ALL DIVISIONS as long as he has played 6 CLUB GAMES
(Ref:By-law 4.42.1.2)

·A player can be selected in either SENIOR or RESERVE grade in ALL DIVISIONS if both grades are playing on the same day as long as they have played 6 CLUB GAMES
(Ref:By-Law 4.42.1.2)

·A player ELIGIBLE to play Senior, Reserve or Colts grade finals may only play ONE MATCH per finals round

It looks like the SFL have decided to add a further rule -

The SFL reserve the right to make our own rules as we see fit !!!:):)

Looks to me like 2 rules are broken. And 10 ore more means he not only played 1 game too many, but 2 games too many. Unless of course young Bernard was under 19 as at 01.01.08, which i doubt :)

deafening silence from the halls of the S.F.L.!!!! hopefully will know something either way soon, but seriously why doveton couldn't play anyone who have played between 10 and 12 games is a possibility at present. A precidence has been set by the Cheif Executive Officer. If i was you Kid i would be asking the league what the hell is going on? Not to mention the fact if mounts seniors win this week and the reserves loose, why can't they do the same. The Longer the league leave this the more this small sore could fester......

Hope we can over come the Doveton boys on Saturday and not have to go down the path of having to debt this hole sorry situation with the people at Linton St.:cool:

if anyone was any doubt that this league has become the laughing stock of all the vic metro leagues then look no further than this non issue. Sth Y stuffed up.

Full Stop.

It's all over, well according to one prominent league official anyway, Who stated tonight that "The League" were looking at the facts is a clear indication that we have become a joke..........

Each club has a list eligible players

He wasn't on it

He Played

They are the facts

it should have been acted on straight away

it could have been resolved while players were warming up if teamsheets were handed in b4 the game to a league official......... well maybe if he could read...

Don't just put your views on the South yarra cheats on this web site send them to the leagues General manager make it known your are pissed off with being made a laughing stock

Don't just put your views on the South yarra cheats on this web site send them to the leagues General manager make it known your are pissed off with being made a laughing stock

i talked to a couple of the canterbury boys today and they told me they did and the CEO basicaly just said bad luck but thanks for the letter, so they took it to the board and are currently waiting on a meeting with the board and CEO

Hope we can over come the Doveton boys on Saturday and not have to go down the path of having to debt this hole sorry situation with the people at Linton St.:cool:

A player must play a minimum 6 CLUB GAMES to qualify for SENIOR or RESERVE grade finals in ALL DIVISIONS

I wouldn't bother as Mt Waverley have their own problems by playing Carl Matheson who by my calculations has only played 4 games prior to the finals ???

It would seem that in the SFL you do want you want and worry about the rules later !!!

A player must play a minimum 6 CLUB GAMES to qualify for SENIOR or RESERVE grade finals in ALL DIVISIONS

I wouldn't bother as Mt Waverley have their own problems by playing Carl Matheson who by my calculations has only played 4 games prior to the finals ???

It would seem that in the SFL you do want you want and worry about the rules later !!!

hmmmmm:cool:

Check back in rd 8 when he kicked 7 against sandown, and click through on his name there, you can see he played 8 seniors, 1 reserves. And then for some reason the last 4 rounds are under the same name but some different SFL player ID, so 12 senior games all up.

well done detective douche springsteen

What the fu$k is going on with this league???? Surely there should be no meetings, or waiting for Canterbury or Mt. Waverley to make an official complaint.... Sth yarra cheated and played a player that did not make the qualifying rules... Sth yarra simply should be stripped of the game. I think I mentioned very very early in the forums that having the CEO play for a club would be a conflict of interest, well I was wrong. His only interest is to get Sth Yarra as far as they can. Cheats!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Matheson's played enough to qualify.

Would be incredibly stupid by us to play him after all the fuss about the South Yarra bloke filtered through to us.

On a side note, Doveton just wanted it more yesterday. We were shite shocking, we haven't played a game that poorly in a long while.

Happened to us last season too, just too big, too strong and too hungry.

Still, you're a bunch of dirty scummy rats (bar a select few, like Fernando - top bloke).

On a side note, Doveton just wanted it more yesterday. We were shite shocking, we haven't played a game that poorly in a long while.

Happened to us last season too, just too big, too strong and too hungry.

Still, you're a bunch of dirty scummy rats (bar a select few, like Fernando - top bloke).

what a shame if you get done next week!!:rolleyes:

what a shame if you get done next week!!:rolleyes:

Surely you would rather face a team that doesn't cheat as opposed to a team who does in Sth Yarra?

I went down to watch the game on Saturday and was expecting Doveton to have to fight for it after reading the scores from Round 18 but they did it reasonably easily in the end. The Bundy boys played very well, as did number 16. Number 3 put in a very ugly high shot on Number 12 from Mt Waverley that was pretty disgusting and deserved more than a free kick, but that was the only incident of any note that I saw. For Mount, Number 3 did a fantastic job on Muzza, making him look well past his prime, and one of the Beecroft's was distantly their best player. Attwood tried hard but delivered very little, as I predicted, and the much better team won on the day.

What the fu$k is going on with this league???? Surely there should be no meetings, or waiting for Canterbury or Mt. Waverley to make an official complaint.... Sth yarra cheated and played a player that did not make the qualifying rules... Sth yarra simply should be stripped of the game. I think I mentioned very very early in the forums that having the CEO play for a club would be a conflict of interest, well I was wrong. His only interest is to get Sth Yarra as far as they can. Cheats!!!!!!!

The big question is, are Sth Yarra still "short on numbers" for this week??? And who from the seniors will be playing in the reserves this week??? Lucky for mount, I don't think they'll risk any seniors players a week for before their granny, although they have been fairly desperate to win a reserve game in recent history....

The big question is, are Sth Yarra still "short on numbers" for this week??? And who from the seniors will be playing in the reserves this week??? Lucky for mount, I don't think they'll risk any seniors players a week for before their granny, although they have been fairly desperate to win a reserve game in recent history....

Who is the moron buying their injuries story? They fielded three teams all year...

Who is the moron buying their injuries story? They fielded three teams all year...

6373912_firstImageIMG_THUMB.jpg

I don't understand how South Yarra's 2nds can be short if they have a third (Colts) team. Why would the league let a 1st player step back a grade to fill numbers. Why couldn't they use a Colts player to fill the numbers. There must be more to the story, because from what is written on this forum it just seems wrong.

I don't understand how South Yarra's 2nds can be short if they have a third (Colts) team. Why would the league let a 1st player step back a grade to fill numbers. Why couldn't they use a Colts player to fill the numbers. There must be more to the story, because from what is written on this forum it just seems wrong.

Surely it is too late by now Smuu? An announcement this close to the game would leave Canterbury little time to prepare, and Yarra little time to appeal.

Whatever will happen will have been passed (won/lost) tonight, I think.

They do have a thirds, which makes the 'injury' story they let out laughable. Though I think they specifically asked one of the big wigs (who is/was involved or has close ties with the club) for specific permission to be allowed to play the said player. He agreed, as he's allowed to under the League Charter.

But under a by-law the team is allowed to appeal or object or something but they either weren't aware until it was too late, or had no time to do anything about it until after the game. Hence they're doing something now. It also states under the law that the person who agreed HAS to investigate and make sure there's literally noone else that's able to play, obviously the guy just took their 'word' for it.

First post guys had to say something i play in the ammo's but was watching the game in question because an old mate plays for canterbury. South yarra won fair and square easily. Harder and more committed to the ball. If canterbury where any good one player wouldnt make any difference even my mate said south yarra where too good and the coach should stop sooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back