SFNL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree only time will tell. Poppa wasn't big on training but still kicked his 50+ goals in the Ressies. Can only play full forward so with McQueen, Geartner/ Farmer and co he wasn't getting a look in. Wilbur won a league Medal in the Ressies and came top 5 this year only playing 8 games. Didn't get along with Shane/Bear. Tom Cooper has had Francis/Cleeve/Morgan ect ahead of him. Not easy for a game in the ruck unless there is injuries. Billsy wasn't big on training until this year. I haven't played Divvy 2 since Dingley was last there but have seen a few Heatherton/Keysy and Springvale games and I don't think the standard gap is that big between the top Division One Reserves sides and the 3rd to 6th Ranked teams in Divvy 2. Like I said time will tell. With 3 or 4 more walk ups already signed you would have to rank Springy ahead of mobs like Highett and Skye.

Cooper should of had games last year as he dominated the reserves league. Poppa has trained the last 2 full pre seasons, so don't think that info is true. Lots of untrue rumours about him. Wilbur and Billsy will have the wings named after them after a few games on the big springvale ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm trying to find some copies or scanned copies of old South West Gippsland FL Records. Seeing as though some former SWGFL clubs are currently in this division, I thought that this would be a good place to start. If someone can help me who has kept some since 1994, please PM me.

what would u like to know? I was playing at Hampton park when we changed from SWGFL to MPNFL......

what would u like to know? I was playing at Hampton park when we changed from SWGFL to MPNFL......

I am trying to get some old copies (either as printed copies or PDF scans) of the league's 'Football Record' (IIRC they were actually called the 'Souwester' at some stage). I used to have a couple from the mid or late 1980s but they seem to be long gone now unfortunately and I'd like to be able to replace them.

I'm trying to find some copies or scanned copies of old South West Gippsland FL Records. Seeing as though some former SWGFL clubs are currently in this division, I thought that this would be a good place to start. If someone can help me who has kept some since 1994, please PM me.

You could try Dingley as well. 1994 was our Premiership year in the SWGFL and we were powerful through the 80's and well into the 90's.

The club has retained quite a bit of memorabilia from that period.

Hearing East Brighton have recruited very well. Recruits include ex Bomber Aaron Henneman and Patrick Jamieson back from Heatherton. There is a great vibe around the place now that that they back at Hurlingham.

Hearing East Brighton have recruited very well. Recruits include ex Bomber Aaron Henneman and Patrick Jamieson back from Heatherton. There is a great vibe around the place now that that they back at Hurlingham.
That's good, I've noticed they put a new wheelchair ramp from the clubrooms to wheel them out too.

Haven't heard much about Oakliegh for next year. With Henneman and Velardo both gone you can only assume the cash has dried a little. With Mullen missing the first 8 weeks you would assume they need a couple of recruits to stay a contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond Central are looking for a practice match on the 18th of March away from home, if you have a ground available and are free for a game, please send me a private message.

Haven't heard much about Oakliegh for next year. With Henneman and Velardo both gone you can only assume the cash has dried a little. With Mullen missing the first 8 weeks you would assume they need a couple of recruits to stay a contender.
Saw in the clearances Josic and brown have also gone
Gippsland bound I think

Saw in the clearances Josic and brown have also gone
Gippsland bound I think
I heard they have a few south Belgrave boys there this year
Lost Cyril too and their ruckman they signed preseason who looks to be going to Caulfield

Picked up a couple of beauties though from Banyule & South Belgrave ,yes

Had a look at the Lyndale v Heatherton game yesterday. Very warm conditions and six quarter game played with plenty of spirit. Heatherton unveiled a heap of classy new recruits and and were far too good for the Pumas who appear to have plenty of numbers and should do well.

u can add George Gorozidis to that list also..... old as hell now but played on the weekend and kicked 3. will play again this week to decide if he wants to play the season......

Looks as though HP will be forced to play out another winless year. Really what is the point if they get hammered by 100+ points every week?
Stupid decision by all concerned. Better off letting them play in the SFL and allow them time to rebuild their club.

Hi All,
Kev Hillier will be hosting a show called Bush and the Burbs on SEN 1116 where we chat to local football clubs & tonight HAMPTON PARK senior coach Dean Warren is a guest speaker at about 9:40PM - tune in to hear Deans plans to restore the clubs on field success!!

Hi All,
Kev Hillier will be hosting a show called Bush and the Burbs on SEN 1116 where we chat to local football clubs & tonight HAMPTON PARK senior coach Dean Warren is a guest speaker at about 9:40PM - tune in to hear Deans plans to restore the clubs on field success!!

i hope he takes questions...... got some i'd like to ask him

u can add George Gorozidis to that list also..... old as hell now but played on the weekend and kicked 3. will play again this week to decide if he wants to play the season......

I know he was a fine player in his day but seriously what value is there for a club in rebuilding phase to play a 46-year-old in the seniors and while some young bloke kicks the dew off the grass in the magoos.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFNL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back