SFNL Division 4 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is only going to get worse.

Most clubs from Hallam through to Moorabbin rely on being able to draw players from the new estate areas from Lyndhurst through Clyde and the back of Berwick. There’s 5+ new clubs planned for that area in the next few years which will dry up the player pool for these existing clubs.

This has been coming for 10 years and nothing done. In fact the issue has been made worse by poor planning and research when making expansion decisions.

The league and AFL Vic need to put a plan in place for football in the south east. Time to sit with all the clubs, discuss the future and help kick off some tough discussions.

The other option is to do nothing and watch them drop off one by one. That’s no way provide leadership and prevent damage to the reputation of the Comp.

Some of the discussion in other threads about culling clubs seems pretty harsh given many of the problems stem from issues far beyond the control of the clubs in the region.

You seriuosly think Moorabbin is effected by Clyde and Lyndhurst? Do you know where Moorabbin is?? Only thing Moorabbin is effected by.....Is Moorabbin!

You seriuosly think Moorabbin is effected by Clyde and Lyndhurst? Do you know where Moorabbin is?? Only thing Moorabbin is effected by.....Is Moorabbin!
Do you seriously think that Moorabbin players live anywhere near Moorabbin?
90% of our players live at least half an hour away from the club. The majority are down Frankston/Seaford/Carrum Downs area. Getting up to Moorabbin from these suburbs at night for training can take over 40 mins.
Its too expensive to buy, or even rent in the suburbs around Moorabbin for most younger people these days.
It’s always going to be tempting for these players to look at switching to clubs that are closer to home.

Do you seriously think that Moorabbin players live anywhere near Moorabbin?
90% of our players live at least half an hour away from the club. The majority are down Frankston/Seaford/Carrum Downs area. Getting up to Moorabbin from these suburbs at night for training can take over 40 mins.
Its too expensive to buy, or even rent in the suburbs around Moorabbin for most younger people these days.
It’s always going to be tempting for these players to look at switching to clubs that are closer to home.

Sorry Cato, I forgot about your capacity. What I meant was the biggest issue with Moorabbin...is the club itself. Hope that assists. Cheers

I was an interested observer at Moorabbin v Yarras on Saturday. Don''t support either Club, just live locally. Moorabbin was getting a fair touch up so I wandered over to hear their Coach's 3/4 time address. Bloody hell, where did they get this bloke from? No strategy, no "how to stop the bleeding", no "take the game on", did not even read the side out. I watched 4 players taking zero notice of the coach - totally disengaged. Not surprised to see the score blew out further in the last quarter.

I was an interested observer at Moorabbin v Yarras on Saturday. Don''t support either Club, just live locally. Moorabbin was getting a fair touch up so I wandered over to hear their Coach's 3/4 time address. Bloody hell, where did they get this bloke from? No strategy, no "how to stop the bleeding", no "take the game on", did not even read the side out. I watched 4 players taking zero notice of the coach - totally disengaged. Not surprised to see the score blew out further in the last quarter.
Were you expecting to find Paul Roos coaching in division 4? He’s a past player in his first year as coach. It’s very easy to take potshots on here at someone giving it a go.

Anyone wanna take a stab at results this week?

Also caino or anyone else after almost every team playing each other want to give us the 2 or 3 best players from each side. And maybe an early bnf for the comp guess

Never get it right mate and probably hard as some teams have some very capable players

Moorabbin
Jackson
Isaacs
Kyle

Sth Yarra
Steghuis
Maher

Lyndale
Isbister
Day

Frankston
Murphy
Collier
Jennings
Dart
Pascazio

( another 4 could go on there ! )

Lyndhurst
Mcgrath
Walia
Gardiner
Browning

( another 4 could go on there )

Hallam
Sharlassian
Ferrari
Jerram

Dandenong
Gaetano
Johnson
Barrie

Chat at seasons end . Have a good one mate .
Cheers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Never get it right mate and probably hard as some teams have some very capable players

Moorabbin
Jackson
Isaacs
Kyle

Sth Yarra
Steghuis
Maher

Lyndale
Isbister
Day

Frankston
Murphy
Collier
Jennings
Dart
Pascazio

Lyndhurst
Mcgrath
Walia
Gardiner
Browning

Hallam
Sharlassian
Ferrari
Jerram

Dandenong
Gaetano
Johnson
Barrie

Cheers

Literally the only bloke who talks any sense on this thread

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Moorabbin
Jackson
Isaacs
Kyle

Sth Yarra
Steghuis
Maher

Lyndale
Isbister
Day

Frankston
Murphy
Collier
Jennings
Dart
Pascazio

Lyndhurst
Mcgrath
Walia
Gardiner
Browning

Hallam
Sharlassian
Ferrari
Jerram

Dandenong
Gaetano
Johnson
Barrie

Cheers

If Barrie is in the top 3 for Dandenong, they have a lot of work to do for rebuilding!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win by the yarras yesterday after a slow start to the season they are heading in the right direction and there new ground will be hard for hard for away teams to win at

Great win by the yarras yesterday after a slow start to the season they are heading in the right direction and there new ground will be hard for hard for away teams to win at
Great win yesterday. Yarras and Frankston look like the teams to beat at this stage of the season. Any reports on the state of the ground and facility's ?? Also i have to give credit to Caino and the boys from CPL they have seemed to be struggling of late but to get some gutsy wins the last few weeks have kept them in touch of the 4. Wilson seems to be on fire. Everyone talks about Browning from Lyndhurst but so far Wilson has been the best forward in the comp.

Great win yesterday. Yarras and Frankston look like the teams to beat at this stage of the season. Any reports on the state of the ground and facility's ?? Also i have to give credit to Caino and the boys from CPL they have seemed to be struggling of late but to get some gutsy wins the last few weeks have kept them in touch of the 4. Wilson seems to be on fire. Everyone talks about Browning from Lyndhurst but so far Wilson has been the best forward in the comp.

our old ground? nah no update there except there was an announcement of an $8mil upgrade to the entire facility (ground, sheds, basketball, tennis) but god knows if and ever that will get done...we're not really anticipating being back there for at least 2 years but we still train/have some of our functions there as there aren't any lights at leigh park

our old ground? nah no update there except there was an announcement of an $8mil upgrade to the entire facility (ground, sheds, basketball, tennis) but god knows if and ever that will get done...we're not really anticipating being back there for at least 2 years but we still train/have some of our functions there as there aren't any lights at leigh park
Nah mate the new ground from all reports its worse than the old one.

well the ground surface is 10 x better, we don't have a weight bearing pole in the middle of our change rooms anymore, it's quite tiny as it's never had senior football there before but way better than we we came from but if people wanna sook it up then we'll just by playing their once or twice a year than that's their issue not ours

no problem with leigh park played there couple weeks ago car parking and rooms arent overly great.... but playing surface was fine no dramas at all

Frankston and Lyndhurst to play off in the big dance, Frankston

As an observer of all divisions Lyndhurst aren't that good they're a average team at best. I know i said Moorabbin were old and slow in an earlier post but a fit and full strength Moorabbin could be very dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back