Confirmed Shai Bolton, pick 14 & F3 (Rich) traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 11 & 18

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy is a gun, difficult to stop

Can do it all.

Upgrade on Michael Mitchell 👌

He'll give you dynamics on the ball and up forward

Enjoy
Mitchell right up there with my favourite player ever to play the game. 86 was as absolute joy going to the footy each week just to watch him play.

Screenshot_20241016_185842_WhatsApp.jpg

On a serious note, this was the one player I really didn’t want to lose. He’s great to watch, can do just about anything and can play just about anywhere.
I really believe this guy is the missing piece in the Freo puzzle and his best footy is now.
No he isnt.

Picks 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton , 14 and a future 3rd is a massive price.

Bolton is quality, done get me wrong. This could end up like the Jesse Hogan trade.

Do you realise you come across as saying he could get into trouble bevause he's indigenous. Unlike Harley Bolton has no history of off field issues and he's teammates speak very highly of him.
I am not worried about the Off field problems.

I am more worried about our medical staff or Bolton getting injuries.

Bolton’s been very durable throughout his career.

Honestly I can’t even recall him ever having an extended period on the sidelines nor any soft tissue injuries.

Will be fantastic for Freo and will get you over to the line in tight games as a match winner. If Bobby Hill can win a norm smith Shai is definitely the type of guy who can do similar.

All this chatter from Freo fans about paying “two first rounders” Is a bit of puff. If it was say pick 5 and 15 then I’d agree its overs but it’s unlikely the 2 picks we get will have a career as good as Shai’s will be. I truly hope so but he will thrive as Freo and tear us to shreds in the next 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems there are still people that under rate Shai. Freo likely got him for unders, and will likely be saying so in a year or 2 when he's been lighting Optus up.

The whole "goes missing", "is inconsistent" is largely a beat up. He'[s been playing as a small forward, tell me a small forward thats visible for the entire game? I doubt anyone could name anyone, its the nature of the position.

What we know is, he is at his best in a good team, but was still good this year (even if Tiger fans seemed to bag him, IMO and I've said this before, just like Dusty, he was judged at such a high level, that even if he played well, it was regarded as poor because of how good he has been at times in the past).

In the worst team in the league this season, he still ranked 29th in the AFL for shots at goal. If you take out the tall forwards that are clearly targeted more going inside 50 and always rank at the top for shots at goal, you have:

Toby Greene (4.1), Papley (3.6), Cameron (3.4), Watson (3.4), Higgins (3.3), Rankine (3.3), Fritsch (3.2), Pickett (3.2), Stengle (3.2), Bolton (3.1)

Go back to 2022 which is probably more like the Shai that Freo will see next season as he was playing in a good team. 4.2 shots at goal. Only Tony Greene was above him at 4.5.

Shai is absolute cream, is outstanding in the forward line, and every time he pinch hits in the midfield its easy to see the impact that he has. If you need a mix change in there, you throw him in and he will win clearances.

I will miss him, people shouldn't be worried about what you paid, he will be well worth it. Just keep him to 99 games at Freo please.

I am not worried about the Off field problems.

I am more worried about our medical staff or Bolton getting injuries.

Bennell's injury problems existed before he even arrived at Freo. And on top of that we had the incompetent Weber at the helm to only make the matter worse.

Bolton does not have pre-existing injuries, and our medical staff are now infinitely better.

Bennell's injury problems existed before he even arrived at Freo. And on top of that we had the incompetent Weber at the helm to only make the matter worse.

Bolton does not have pre-existing injuries, and our medical staff are now infinitely better.

I hope you are right on both fronts.

1. for assuring me Bolton has not had a major injury.

2. our medical staff has improved from 2016 to 2019 when Harley Bennell is on our playing list.

So you're saying he's due :'/
Very good.

I once took a stats class once where the lecturer was talking about car problems over the course of a cars lifespan. Relatively new cars sometimes have problems due to manufacturing errors. Then there is a golden period. Eventually problems due to wear and tear happen.

I give up with this analogy. Anyway footballers are like cars.

No he isnt.

Picks 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton , 14 and a future 3rd is a massive price.

Bolton is quality, done get me wrong. This could end up like the Jesse Hogan trade.

Serious question, how did we get picks 11 and 18. Would those trades make it easier to come to grips with giving up 10, 11, and 18 for Shia and 14?

On another note. Using the points system that future 3rd is worth 483 points. That's means we effectively got pick 7 back with Shia 🤣😂🤣😂

Serious question, how did we get picks 11 and 18. Would those trades make it easier to come to grips with giving up 10, 11, and 18 for Shia and 14?
It's faulty logic but that doesn't necessarily stop it from working emotionally.

We got Lachie Neale with pick 58 but that doesn't make it hurt any less. Richmond picked Bolton at 29 but I don't think that's any comfort.

Perfect player for Freo at his best, mid/half forward speed, class and creativity. Well worth the price if he plays to his potential.

Do you realise you come across as saying he could get into trouble bevause he's indigenous. Unlike Harley Bolton has no history of off field issues and he's teammates speak very highly of him.
He will need a strong indigenious culture to thrive.
No doubt Freo have that so good luck to him.
Both clubs got a fair deal and Shai got what he wanted. Win-win-win IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Shai Bolton, pick 14 & F3 (Rich) traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 11 & 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back