Confirmed Shai Bolton, pick 14 & F3 (Rich) traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 11 & 18

Remove this Banner Ad

No he isnt.

Picks 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton , 14 and a future 3rd is a massive price.

Bolton is quality, done get me wrong. This could end up like the Jesse Hogan trade.
Imo, Longmuir knows its an important year for him & Bolton is very much a need for your team... & Richmond knew this & fleeced you significant overs. 10 & 18 was more than fair imo.

At least you didn't give up a top 3 pick for Baker as that was nuts.

No he isnt.

Bolton is quality, done get me wrong. This could end up like the Jesse Hogan trade.
You really, really remind me of me in 2016. Giving away all our draft capital for a bunch of B graders and a perennially injured midfielder after missing the finals. Expecting the same old again, and again, and again.

It seems impossible, until one day its not.

Hope Shai tears it up for you guys for years to come.

No he isnt.

Sure, it could go wrong but the situation is vastly different to Hogan trade.

Hogan was an absolute mess at the time both mentally and physically, we jumped out of desperation to acquire a key forward. We also weren't in a list position to sell the farm like that, we needed to target the draft, and we chased mature age talent trying to re-ignite the form of 2015 for years.

This time is completely different, we've spent years attacking the draft and we've built a list that doesn't have many holes in it. There comes a time when you no longer need to continue to draft and develop kids, especially in a mid heavy draft when you have great midfield depth. One hole we do have is x factor in our midfield and forward line, we've gone and bought an A grade talent who fits one of the last needs of our list.

Regardless of how this ends up, the clubs been patient with this build and has made the right decision to jump on a talent like Bolton to help us take the next step.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Shai Bolton, pick 14 & F3 (Rich) traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 11 & 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back