Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saying there are plenty of examples where good young players continue their top form when traded rather than cherry picking the rare occasion the Headland scenario happened in the past as though it's some sort of real chance to happen again.
Lets again on something.

Tigers game style, culture and structure makes players better.

Judd best football was at West Coast. Why ? Judd, Cox, Kerr and Cousins was something special.

B Hill went to another level at Fremantle but went down hill at the Saints.

Neale went to another level at Brisbane because of the shadow of Fyfe. In saying that Neale broke the season record for possessions at Fremantle.

Lake did better in the Hawthorn system than the Dogs.

Dawes did worse at the Demons than the Pies.

Caddy did better at the Tigers than the Cats.

Jed Anderson was better at the Roos than Hawthorn.

Wellingham did better at the Pies than West Coast.

Ablett did better at the Suns than at Geelong. In the end it didn't pay off for the Suns.

Mumford did better at the Swans than Geelong.

Etc.

System, culture, opportunity and game style can make or break a trade.

I really don't think Bolton best football is outside Richmond.

Cotchin, Martin and Edwards all having less productive years and Bolton's production increases but yet the team is struggling.

Therefore, Bolton's increases performance but the teams performance decreases.

I really rate the Tigers system and players play better in that structure. None of the players who left the Tigers with the exception of Butler have done well.

Bolton in a chip mark game style wouldn't be effective than the Tigers run and stun style.

Bolton best place is Richmond. If I would advised him to stay.

Well of course the teams performance decreases with so many players out or down on form. He's one player, he cant cover for them all, but what he can is, elevate to another level which he has done further making the point that he doesn't need quality around him to perform.

In fact, his best games have been when he was given more responsibility due to our midfield being injured.

Lets again on something.

Tigers game style, culture and structure makes players better.

Judd best football was at West Coast. Why ? Judd, Cox, Kerr and Cousins was something special.

Neale went to another level at Brisbane because of the shadow of Fyfe. In saying that Neale broke the season record for possessions at Fremantle.

Lake did better in the Hawthorn system than the Dogs.

Dawes did worse at the Demons than the Pies.

Caddy did better at the Tigers than the Cats.

Jed Anderson was better at the Roos than Hawthorn.

Wellingham did better at the Pies than West Coast.

Ablett did better at the Suns than at Geelong. In the end it didn't pay off for the Suns.

Mumford did better at the Swans than Geelong.

Etc.

System, culture, opportunity and game style can make or break a trade.

I really don't think Bolton best football is outside Richmond.
He hasn't played his best football yet. He's only 22.5 and spent his first 3 years as a raw forward pocket.

I think he'll get better wherever he plays.

Well of course the teams performance decreases with so many players out or down on form. He's one player, he cant cover for them all, but what he can is, elevate to another level which he has done further making the point that he doesn't need quality around him to perform.

In fact, his best games have been when he was given more responsibility due to our midfield being injured.
You make a great point plus the Tigers have had a horrible run of injuries.

My doubt is that Bolton wouldn't be the same player at the Dockers due to game style, culture and the fish bowl of Perth. Media over here go after Fremantle players. If the night club situation happen in Perth, Bolton would be on the back page for a week.

Would I like Bolton at the Dockers? Yes but the cost would be too much.

You make a great point plus the Tigers have had a horrible run of injuries.

My doubt is that Bolton wouldn't be the same player at the Dockers due to game style, culture and the fish bowl of Perth. Media over here go after Fremantle players. If the night club situation happen in Perth, Bolton would be on the back page for a week.

Would I like Bolton at the Dockers? Yes but the cost would be too much.

Yeah, who knows, some players go ballistic trying to prove themselves and others go backwards. Hopefully we dont have to find out and he just stays put.

Your thoughts on Bolton to Freo are the same as mine with Cerra. Would love him at the tigers but not at that cost. We have too many needs to be going all in on one player.

Yeah, who knows, some players go ballistic trying to prove themselves and others go backwards. Hopefully we dont have to find out and he just stays put.

Your thoughts on Bolton to Freo are the same as mine with Cerra. Would love him at the tigers but not at that cost. We have too many needs to be going all in on one player.
Cost benefit happens for sure.

I do think that draft picks are overrated except for top 5 picks.

Yes, just like Richmond had a debutant playing ruck therefore wasn't smashed in the ruck...

St Kilda were playing their low choice options and Richmond killed them, Bolton looked awesome. When Richmond were smashed in the ruck Bolton went missing.
You said st kilda didn't have a ruckman
Who the **** is paul hunter then if not
A ****ing ruckman

You said st kilda didn't have a ruckman
Who the fu** is paul hunter then if not
A ******* ruckman
He isn't a ruckman at AFL level is he? Just like Samson Ryan isn't a ruckman either at AFL level yet.

I wasn't suggesting that they left the position open on the field, I was suggesting that they were so useless so as to be no impact, which is exactly what happened in both games.

The side who didn't play the experienced and AFL level ruck was smashed in the middle and the players who need and thrive on their team mates winning the ball did well each time - and vice versa.

Lets again on something.

So Hill was better at Freo due to Fyfe and co but Neal is better at Brisbane due to Fyfe and co !!
:think:

Just a bit of info regarding Bolton against the Saints last week
He played only 69% game time 15-20% less than usual and was mentioned he had scans the day before the game.

Kids a GUN and arguing tat he is not just makes you look stupid
17 clubs list managers would cut of their left to get his signature

So Hill was better at Freo due to Fyfe and co but Neal is better at Brisbane due to Fyfe and co !!
:think:

Just a bit of info regarding Bolton against the Saints last week
He played only 69% game time 15-20% less than usual and was mentioned he had scans the day before the game.

Kids a GUN and arguing tat he is not just makes you look stupid
17 clubs list managers would cut of their left to get his signature
Not saying he isn't a gun, I am saying his best is at Richmond. That's actually saying something about your culture.

Not sure why you take that a compliment.

I didn't mention the Saints game as I didn't watch it.

Neale and Fyfe shared the same space. Without Fyfe, Neale he didn't have to share.

Fyfe is an inside mid and Hill is an flatside wing. Outside rely on the ball their get from the inside.

Not sure how you can't understand.

Not saying he isn't a gun, I am saying his best is at Richmond. That's actually saying something about your culture.

Not sure why you take that a compliment.

I didn't mention the Saints game as I didn't watch it.

Neale and Fyfe shared the same space. Without Fyfe, Neale he didn't have to share.

Fyfe is an inside mid and Hill is an flatside wing. Outside rely on the ball their get from the inside.

Not sure how you can't understand.
Very simple

Why do you believe that his best is at Richmond ?
Shai has the ability to play inside and outside and collects possessions at will without having to rely on others , When first drafted my opinion was Michael Walters and he has reached that level way before Walters did and not sure why you think his best is at Richmond it doesnt make sense.

Neal & Fyfe shared the same space again doesnt make sense and they are different players and the only common thing is they can both play inside mid
Jarryd Lyons is in the same midfield collecting 30 touches a game with 50% contested as well as a host of others. Neal is not alone in the lions midfield

Hill has played the same role at Hawthorn , Fremantle & St Kilda the only difference is that he is getting paid a sh!t load more and its clear players dont play through him.

Not sure what im not seeing ? Your comments really dont add up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very simple

Shai has the ability to play inside and outside and collects possessions at will without having to rely on others , When first drafted my opinion was Michael Walters and he has reached that level way before Walters did and not sure why you think his best is at Richmond it doesnt make sense.

Neal & Fyfe shared the same space again doesnt make sense and they are different players and the only common thing is they can both play inside mid
Jarryd Lyons is in the same midfield collecting 30 touches a game with 50% contested as well as a host of others. Neal is not alone in the lions midfield

Hill has played the same role at Hawthorn , Fremantle & St Kilda the only difference is that he is getting paid a sh!t load more and its clear players dont play through him.

Ross the Boss structure the team style to let B Hill has an open wing to run into.
Very simple

Gamestyle suits Bolton.

Winning culture at Richmond.

Bonded with the team.

Bolton is a gun but he's not a superstar player. Out of Richmond's mids I still have Cotchin, Martin & Edwards ahead of him. Cotchin & Martin can inspire the team & Edwards vision and disposal is very good. Bolton can be really damaging on his day but he's just not consistent enough.

Bolton is a gun but he's not a superstar player. Out of Richmond's mids I still have Cotchin, Martin & Edwards ahead of him. Cotchin & Martin can inspire the team & Edwards vision and disposal is very good. Bolton can be really damaging on his day but he's just not consistent enough.
Chances are he wins our B & F this year

he is ahead of Cotchin easily and i would say also ahead of Shedda

Trent Cotchin are you serious lol. IDC if someone tell me that he's been doing a team thing. He's absolutely a liability in the mdidle at the moment, and Richmond being the worst clearance team in the comp exemplifies that.

Not saying this necessarily leads to more wins, but if Richmond played Nankervis - Martin - Bolton - Prestia, they'd be a top 6 team in the midfield through clearances.

Not saying this necessarily leads to more wins, but if Richmond played Nankervis - Martin - Bolton - Prestia, they'd be a top 6 team in the midfield through clearances.
I feel with that set up they’d open themselves up to clearances going the other way. Not much defensive positioning from those players.

A bit like what happened when Dangerfield was moving through each centre bounce trying to get that breakaway clearance. Or hawthorn when anyone is in there as our defending in centre clearances is woeful.

It’s why Cotchin (although he’s massively slowing) is important to Bolton/Martin as he can cover them defensively so they can play very offensively.

I feel with that set up they’d open themselves up to clearances going the other way. Not much defensive positioning from those players.

A bit like what happened when Dangerfield was moving through each centre bounce trying to get that breakaway clearance. Or hawthorn when anyone is in there as our defending in centre clearances is woeful.

It’s why Cotchin (although he’s massively slowing) is important to Bolton/Martin as he can cover them defensively so they can play very offensively.

Probably because they would have the ball

Probably because they would have the ball
You can’t all be offensive though. Works if you win the ball 100% of the time. But with the 6-6-6 rule getting clearances with little defensive pressure is worth much more than a rushed clearance. Where in the past it hasn’t mattered as much.

Plus given you’ve only had 5 games winning centre bounces. Lost 7 and drawn 1. I wouldn’t be hanging my hopes on winning them all. Bolton especially works better with a defensive mid around him to cover more for him. Martin as well though not to the same extent.

What do you think is happening right now?

The goal of the above set up would be to straight up beat the oppositions.

What do you think is happening right now?

The goal of the above set up would be to straight up beat the oppositions.
We’ve seen teams go with similar set ups. It just doesn’t hold up in finals. Might work against lesser teams. But good teams will exploit it.

Bit of a worry now for tiggy fans ,all we've heard is how shai will sign for less at Richmond ,cause of success etc but its quite clear richmonds run is over and its now headed back down tbe ladder (potentially in a big way).

Which begs the question why the hell would bolten sacrifice hundreds of thousands of dollars to play in rebuilding side just because their Richmond,when he could choose any number of sides in the same boat but trending upwards AND get paid shitloads more to do so!

Worrying times for the yellow and black

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back