Toast Sharrod Wellingham Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely a lot to like and has found his home on HB.

Let's hope it's more than just wanting a be contract that is seeing such good form.

Was told in the past that he wasn't enjoying his football as Simpson didn't give the players much opportunity to celebrate the wins, was very serious all the time and there wasn't much joy week to week. Hopefully he's enjoying himself more.

Was that last year or this year? Hopefully Simpson has eased up a bit since then. The whole club looks like their enjoying footy and it shows in our performances.

Didn't like the trade at all, but i've been a fan of Sharron's since he rocked up, despite his ridiculous laziness as i always knew he had the talent.

Glad he's totally turned around everyone's perception of him this year. Just think.... would it have happened it Emac and Brown didn't go down and he wasn't forced to play in the backline on taller opponents like he has been?

It's made him.

Was that last year or this year? Hopefully Simpson has eased up a bit since then. The whole club looks like their enjoying footy and it shows in our performances.

Heard something similar and it was mid year last year. Was also told Sharrod was not happy being told he was lazy and needed to step it up. Credit to him as he put his foot down and did well in the WAFL before injury at the end of the year.

Didn't like the trade at all, but i've been a fan of Sharron's since he rocked up, despite his ridiculous laziness as i always knew he had the talent.

Glad he's totally turned around everyone's perception of him this year. Just think.... would it have happened it Emac and Brown didn't go down and he wasn't forced to play in the backline on taller opponents like he has been?

It's made him.
The strongest steel is forged in the hottest flame.

273838-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Some players, rather than a kick up the backside respond better to being given extra responsibility. Sharrod I think has been told. "We need you to be the man back there." The guy is playing like a man possessed and we are such a better team for it.

Whenever I get back to Perth I hear all the news, so I was told about it this year, and not sure what year it was referring to, I'd assume last year.
I trust who told me, but didn't really probe on the issue much.

I thought it was good that Simpson was being hard on them, they certainly needed it.

Clearly enjoying his football more now he is playing a certain role. His form has been super, and i think he has really found his spot.

Simpson spoke not too long ago, and said he has learnt some lessons about player management etc.

Looking forward to some really good years out of him in the future

He has been exceptional this year. Absolutely sublime skills.

In 2014, I called my Dreamteam "Sharrod's Hairstyles" to take the piss. Now I'm thinking of growing a top-knot myself out of admiration.

dude, my dreamteam is still called 'Ash Smith's Haircut" with this pic as my avatar:
10416655_10152081238106727_872732418_n.jpg

Other teams fear me.

Some players, rather than a kick up the backside respond better to being given extra responsibility. Sharrod I think has been told. "We need you to be the man back there." The guy is playing like a man possessed and we are such a better team for it.

It was always the case. His best game under Worsfold was when he tagged Ablett. Give Wellingham freedom and he doesn't know what to do, give him a job and he gets it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dude, my dreamteam is still called 'Ash Smith's Haircut" with this pic as my avatar:
10416655_10152081238106727_872732418_n.jpg

Other teams fear me.
Funny...Sharrod is playing the exact role I thought Smith might play in our premiership side (we had just beaten a fancied Carlton at Etihad in 2011 and I knew we were building to something).

It's made him.
It is interesting that we swapped him for pick 18 in the 2012 Draft.

With what he is producing this season it appears a masterstroke as there was only Grundy taken at that pick and we didn't need a ruckman.

But the most interesting thing is there is no player better than Wellingham taken after that pick and probably only six better players taken from picks 1 to 17.

Poor Draft and we did OK. Hutchings we took at pick 60 and if the draft was redone he would probably be taken in the first round.

Just watched the replay again of the hawks QF, and Wellers was just so clean with his touch and disposal. Like others have said, he went in hard and fast. Supreme effort!

I would like him to captain the side at some stage. He seems to have a maturity beyond many of the others and thrives on responsibility and challenge. Has raised the bar in regard to work rate and tackling. Also cant underestimate the experience he gained from his time at the Magpies. They were at their peak then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sharrod Wellingham Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back