Shaun Burgoyne- what's he REALLY worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

true, they are asking too much but then again they are dealing with the trend setters in this regard!

You can't earn a reputation of being unreasonable and unfair in trades and then expect others to be model citizens :rolleyes:

SEN just reported Burgoyne currently in a coffee shop or something having a chat with Bailey and Aaron Davey.

They could use pick 11 they received from the blues.

With the Power and Hawks looking for a third party involved to complete the trade, I wonder if the MFC can be that third party.

With the Power also interested in Jamar, I wonder if something like this could be an option:

Port gain Jamar and pick 11

Hawks get Burgoyne and Dees' pick 34

Dees get Dowler and Hawks' pick 9.

With the Power and Hawks looking for a third party involved to complete the trade, I wonder if the MFC can be that third party.

With the Power also interested in Jamar, I wonder if something like this could be an option:

Port gain Jamar and pick 11

Hawks get Burgoyne and Dees' pick 34

Dees get Dowler and Hawks' pick 9.

Hahaha you wish! :D

You not going to get great deal like Carlton all the time

So you think you are going to get an upgrade on pick 11 + Dowler by trading Jamar? Lol. What a joke

1. Age is not an issue. Akers body had no injury concerns unlike SB. Doggies will get 5 years out of Aker. We'll be lucky to get 5 out of SB.

2. Who cares, SB is obviously not happy with all the unrest at Alberton.

3. Why do you think he wasn't given the captaincy?

Akers playing credentials are greater than Shauns. My question is how can you justify asking for more when he wants to leave and is prepared to go into the draft?

The reason why Port is 'asking for more' than brisbane were asking for aker is because the lions wanted aker to leave, whereas port don't want sb to leave, eg look at the fevola situation now. If fev had initiated his departure but carlton still wanted him, they would be asking for a lot more than they are asking for him now don't you think? btw I agree that he is not worth pk9 + a player, but hope you can see why port are acting the way they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is ridiculous. Everyone massively overrates their players. It's something about Aussie Rules footy that just doesn't happen in other major professional sports.

Port fans wanting a dead set gun + pick 9 are being ridiculous, we don't have the leverage to complete a trade like that with Burgoyne wanting to leave. All of the Hawks guns are premiership players and they do NOT want to give up an established gun as they are building towards a premiership. We should be looking for a talented young player who is only being kept out by more established guns in the position he plays.

Hawthorn fans claiming that they are tentative to give up even pick 9 for him are being ridiculous, he's a gun line breaking midfielder who significantly increase your chances at a flag over the next 3 or 4 years. You wouldn't give up an 18 year old who is 50/50 to be a 200 gamer for an AA midfielder that you need? Winning a flag is all that matters, and you do whatever you can to get a flag winning team together.

People in this thread need to get their hands off it.

Pick 9 + Dowler is as fair as it gets.

He's not going to get a game for a long time because of Buddy and Roughy, and he's good enough to be a regular in the AFL. He fills a need for us and his loss doesn't hurt you that much. In return you gain the top AFL linebreaking midfielder that will give you a midfield that can compete with any in the league.

This thread is ridiculous. Everyone massively overrates their players. It's something about Aussie Rules footy that just doesn't happen in other major professional sports.

Port fans wanting a dead set gun + pick 9 are being ridiculous, we don't have the leverage to complete a trade like that with Burgoyne wanting to leave. All of the Hawks guns are premiership players and they do NOT want to give up an established gun as they are building towards a premiership. We should be looking for a talented young player who is only being kept out by more established guns in the position he plays.

Hawthorn fans claiming that they are tentative to give up even pick 9 for him are being ridiculous, he's a gun line breaking midfielder who significantly increase your chances at a flag over the next 3 or 4 years. You wouldn't give up an 18 year old who is 50/50 to be a 200 gamer for an AA midfielder that you need? Winning a flag is all that matters, and you do whatever you can to get a flag winning team together.

People in this thread need to get their hands off it.

Pick 9 + Dowler is as fair as it gets.

He's not going to get a game for a long time because of Buddy and Roughy, and he's good enough to be a regular in the AFL. He fills a need for us and his loss doesn't hurt you that much. In return you gain the top AFL linebreaking midfielder that will give you a midfield that can compete with any in the league.

so leon davis is worth pick 9 and dowler too ?, davis was AA this year and in the form of his life and probably has more strings to his bow than burgoyne, may not be as good a onballer but he can certainly play on ball and is a way better goal kicker, 10 mths age difference i believe, i dont think leon is worth pick 9 let alone pick 9 and a quality player, pick 15/16 would be about his true worth, leon doesnt have knee problems either so IMO port are being very greedy.

so leon davis is worth pick 9 and dowler too ?, davis was AA this year and in the form of his life and probably has more strings to his bow than burgoyne, may not be as good a onballer but he can certainly play on ball and is a way better goal kicker, 10 mths age difference i believe, i dont think leon is worth pick 9 let alone pick 9 and a quality player, pick 15/16 would be about his true worth, leon doesnt have knee problems either so IMO port are being very greedy.

Defiantly not a way better goal kicker. Davis has only kicked 35 goals as a career best. SB has kicked 39 goals in 2003 and 2007.

Pick 9 and that's it. Not young, recent injuries and sporadic form does not warrant pick 9 and a good young player. Maybe with a good season behind him pick 9 and Tuck/Kennedy/Morton but otherwise nup.

McLeod at his peak was better than both Shaun or Peter Burgoyne... im not questioning

but nowhere near 5x better

anyway who GAFs about McLeod... its got nothing to do with him, and its just an Adelaide troll trying to downplay the worth of Burgoyne

did you not read the thread? it was one of your boys who brought up McLeod.

I'd suggest you have a look at the players taken at pick 9 over the past 10 years or so. Then think whether you'd take an average player out of that list + Dowler for Leon.

Davis would have similar worth to Burgoyne at the moment, no doubt. Slightly different kinds of player, but without the injury concerns i'd have them about even.

I think you're massively overrating pick 9 if you don't think Leon Davis is worth pick 9. Pick 9 is basically going to give you equal chances of drafting a superstar, a solid player, or a dud. Could be anything, could be nothing. Leon Davis is a matchwinner and an established star of the game. The only way Collingwood would ever trade Leon for pick 9 is if their premiership window is shut and they need to rebuild.

I'd suggest you have a look at the players taken at pick 9 over the past 10 years or so. Then think whether you'd take an average player out of that list + Dowler for Leon.

Davis would have similar worth to Burgoyne at the moment, no doubt. Slightly different kinds of player, but without the injury concerns i'd have them about even.

I think you're massively overrating pick 9 if you don't think Leon Davis is worth pick 9. Pick 9 is basically going to give you equal chances of drafting a superstar, a solid player, or a dud. Could be anything, could be nothing. Leon Davis is a matchwinner and an established star of the game. The only way Collingwood would ever trade Leon for pick 9 is if their premiership window is shut and they need to rebuild.

apparantly leon wants to go home, if you think 28 yr old semi elite players are worth pick 9 then thats your opinion, but your wrong.

For some reason i dont think Hawthorn will manage to get this deal done now with Essendons aquistion of pick 16, thats if the Bombers are seriously interested wanting to pay over the odds, although i hope not.

We now hold picks 10, 16, 26, 42 and a fifth selection.

Port Adelaide are interested in Jay Nash whos homesick, and Leroy Jetta may be up for trade whos worth a second shot at 21 years of age.

I wonder if Hawthorn will do the deal.

I think 9 + 41 is fair personally for S. Burygone but only because his form has dropped off and his knee.

Pick 9 and Dowler is a very, very, very good deal for Port. Dowler a good young player, good kicking technique + accurate and provides a young forward for the power. Their silly not to take it and just reafirms that they are unrelastic come the trade period and that Mark Williams has allowed his emotions to get the better of the clubs best interests.

Lewis on his own is better than S.Burygone if we are comparing their ages, and Lewis has future development.

So it will ether be 9 + 41, or 9 + 25 or 9 + Dowler in the end I think and it will happen on Thursday, im predicting.

I think Essendon should offer 10, 42 and Nash. But couldnt care less what the power thought of my offer, they should just accept Hawthorns deal because its better and accept that unfortunately things dont always work out when players come out of contract, I for one am greateful lovett looked after us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaun Burgoyne- what's he REALLY worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back