Should Eddie NOT do commentry?

Who is more worse?

• Eddie

Votes: 33 56.9%
  • SOS

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

SOS was always going to resign from the board. He was simply there to represent the popular player who no Carlton fan has a bad word about. Didnt see any integrity in that.

He seems a good guy but he is not entertaining since he seems scared to make harsh calls and really doesnt say anything that is enlightening.

He is there for his popularity club wide and also would fit the female audience.

Id rather someone like fat ugly Brad Hardie going for it without any care or the ramifications.

Makes better viewing!!!!

leonmagic said:
Can someone translate this for me.

if you can't work it out from three typos, i think you're having trouble reading english.

i type very fast because i post from work during the day and don't have time to re-read what i type.

rick James said:
if you can't work it out from three typos, i think you're having trouble reading english.

i type very fast because i post from work during the day and don't have time to re-read what i type.

And the job?

product testing in a brewery?

I would much rather Eddie than listening to the anti collingwood ******** you get from Garry Lyon, Robert Walls, Tim Lane and Stephen Quartermain.

Tim Lanes obvious love of Carlton is more obvious than Eddies so called bias. Robert Walls hate of Collingwood is also more obvious than Eddies so called bias

SOS is terrible as well.

I think Eddie is a shocking commentator.

He just can't seem to capture the context of the game in his commentary.

Having said that, I really think the age-old format of people calling football play by play is so outdated anyway.

Really, unless you are visually impaired why on earth do you need someone to tell you who has just done what? I'm watching it! I know who did what!

I'd much prefer a format where you have a person from each club (possibly ex-players), and possibly a neutral person aswell, simply commenting on the game as it is played out. The same type of situation you get when you are actually at the game with your mates.

evo said:
meh.It's one of the joys of the football season to listen to Eddie squirm and his voice start to crackle as it,yet again, dawns on him his skunks are going to lose.

He's certainly not one of the worst commentators,all be it a biased one.

I'd take him any day over captain obvious Robert Walls.SOS is pretty much a captain obvious too.
But Sandy Roberts is the biggest 'captain obvious'of the lot,Dumbass isnt that far behind either.

eddiesmith said:
I would much rather Eddie than listening to the anti collingwood ******** you get from Garry Lyon, Robert Walls, Tim Lane and Stephen Quartermain.

Tim Lanes obvious love of Carlton is more obvious than Eddies so called bias. Robert Walls hate of Collingwood is also more obvious than Eddies so called bias

SOS is terrible as well.
yes but it is hard for any "normal" human being not to hate Collingwood :D

RodgerFox said:
I think Eddie is a shocking commentator.

He just can't seem to capture the context of the game in his commentary.

Having said that, I really think the age-old format of people calling football play by play is so outdated anyway.

Really, unless you are visually impaired why on earth do you need someone to tell you who has just done what? I'm watching it! I know who did what!

I'd much prefer a format where you have a person from each club (possibly ex-players), and possibly a neutral person aswell, simply commenting on the game as it is played out. The same type of situation you get when you are actually at the game with your mates.
so you want commentators who would abuse each other plus the other team and would actually resort to fist fights with the nuetral person acting as a referree . all while calling the game ?? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues_Man said:
so you want commentators who would abuse each other plus the other team and would actually resort to fist fights with the nuetral person acting as a referree . all while calling the game ?? :eek:
Ah,so we could every ex-carlton player alive to be a footy commentator?.

bluesforever said:
NO HE IS THE WORST OUT THERE, same goes for our SOS... pathetic, oh well ill make a poll out of this, SOS or Eddie, whos the WORST? (Although they have different commentry roles)
He is not the worst out there mate! but i agree he should not be commentating Pies games.

1980GFVideo said:
And the job?

product testing in a brewery?

I'm working my way up to that. For now I'm leading the Australian Labour Party and constantly dodging knives being thrown at my back if you must ask.

hence the dodgy typing.

bluesforever said:
NO HE IS THE WORST OUT THERE, same goes for our SOS... pathetic, oh well ill make a poll out of this, SOS or Eddie, whos the WORST? (Although they have different commentry roles)
Great English "Who is MORE WORSE" What are you an 8 year old?

bluesforever said:
Are you familiar with the term "double negative"?

If you answer 'NO' to the question "Should Eddie NOT do commentary", you're actually saying he SHOULD do commentary.

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:
Are you familiar with the term "double negative"?

If you answer 'NO' to the question "Should Eddie NOT do commentary", you're actually saying he SHOULD do commentary.
Is that a Gor't'ch on your forehead or are you going through Ponn'Farr?.

As a Pies' supporter, I get the impression that Eddie TRIES to not make his call sound biased but it comes across to the viewer as a "biased" call regardless.

I don't think there is ANY conflict of interest involved here. His calling certainly cannot influence a game and (judging from most views on here) his calling would tend to put an objective/impartial viewer off supporting Collingwood rather than supportive of them.

The guy obviously enjoys calling them, but I can understand how the public perception of his calls can taint his reputation.

I think all commentators have their pros and cons and the variety of styles means that we don't end up with "one type" of caller moulded on a "formula".

I have no problem if Eddie doesn't get to call Collingwood games. Conversly, I have no issues with SOS calling Carlton games, Rex calling Saints and Richmond games, Dunstall and dermie calling Hawthorn games, and so on.

I always thought Kerley was exceptionally biased when he ran the boundary at Adelaide - but again, I accept that these guys have their favourite teams and players.

The bigger problem for commentators (especially those associated with a club) is that they sometimes cannot afford to be too negative (even if it is warranted). I could occasionally sense Eddie's frustration (or even anger) when a stupid action by a Collingwood player resulted in a significant advantage for the opposition. This is where a commentator can't speak his mind and perhaps where the silence shows the bias!

TB

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Eddie NOT do commentry?

Back