• Sex change

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Premiership underwear

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • President of Bikie Club

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was pretty obvious - a premiership tattoo.

CuAWWFmUkAAOrAW.jpg

Burgoyne was on the radio the other day saying that he had a watch and wore it regularly by the sounds of it - I reckon that's a pretty good idea. I've heard of other clubs (in both AFL and NRL - the clubs themselves not the league) giving out watches to their sides pre the more official ones that have been mentioned earlier (which look pretty good).

Should be like the old wheel of fortune prize showcase and they scan across a collection of prizes and take a pick

Maybe norm smith winner goes first and in order of performance

Just so your worst player doesn’t take the car and gets say a board game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calling them world champions like the Americans do for the NFL is incredibly precocious for a one country sport.
Yep, same for baseball, ice hockey etc. It is very arrogant in terms of how they see themselves, however it can be seen as a good mentality in striving to be the best (maybe stretching it ha ha).

Why is this even a question? Leave the official rewards handed out just the way it is, if a premiership team as a whole decide they want to do something else, like rings (naff as ****) or a watch (still tack but a lot more tasteful), then let them do that off their own back. These aren't broke shlums, if they want a bit of extra tacky bling they or the club can fork out for it directly instead of it coming from the leagues coffers.

Yep, same for baseball, ice hockey etc. It is very arrogant in terms of how they see themselves, however it can be seen as a good mentality in striving to be the best (maybe stretching it ha ha).

A bit off topic but I always take the opportunity (mainly for my own self amusement) to ask my American friends how many countries compete in their 'World Series' baseball league every year...?
And the myth that the name derived from a New York newspaper, known as 'New York World', who were the main sponsors in the formative years of the league is just that - a myth.
Oh and BTW, congrats to the West Coast Eagles, the current World Champions of AFL.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Winners Get Ring, Medal or Other

Back