Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been one of Mead’s biggest advocates, but his performance last night was bordering on the unacceptable which should see him dropped.
Me too. There would have been at least five moments where he squibbed by not bending down properly to gather the ball or missed an opportunity to use the ball correctly. Really flat performance on a night that should have been made for a tough HF performance. Francis Evans was better tbh.

Their short memories also don't allow for the times when Charlie Cameron shirt fronted Dan Houston on two separate occasions.

He didn't get taken off on a stretcher but it rattled him. No free kick and no report. The only difference was that Rankine hit his head on the ground.

My thoughts b4 I read anyone else's -
Wow we made tough work of that. Forward line dysfunctional. Killed in the air most of the night. Stopped our run for over half of the game. Same lazy players not performing until late in game.

Very happy with the win (if we'd lost would have been ropeable) but just can't see this team getting it done in finals. JHF first half, Butters second half were excellent. Not sure how it pans out with a fit Rankine. We still probably win but no certainty.
Feel the same

We are way too reliant on 3 players..

Sheeeeez the salt around the place from the crowies down the road, "umpires" "dirty players" "scum supporters"

It's bliss.

The hypocrisy too, read multiple comments before the game re Butters getting laid out etc etc, remember back when Rankine got done there was a significant amount of praise on their board for "showing some", but now it's all pearl clutching.

Re the game itself, I figured if we were still with them after the first qtr we would probably win, and it was an excellent, mature old school performance....not super pretty, but smart and tough. Loved the fact we got right under their skin, Sweet was enormous, JHF huge in the first, Butters game changer. Too bad he didn't convert those shots.

The PB are sex.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit of a turd game. Seems teams either back their system or try and turn it into a grind so we can’t get any run. Lots of fumbles from both sides, spot fire fights everywhere and miserable goal kicking.

Was an arm wrestle and we just rolled over them in the final quarter.

Really shows how much we need Georgiades in the side and how reliant we are on that forward half pressure game.

Thought Wines, Boak, Sav and Dixon all played solid roles and had good moments.

Butters and JHF carried us.
Teams are grinding us to stop us and are afraid they of our run and they can’t match it.

Which is fine, if we’re a tad off, that conservative nature keeps us in the game if we’re off!

I disagree we were coming when Houston bumped. Once again influential umpiring or lack of was hurting us on the score board.

Keep being tough port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t miss top 3.. gws lose next week, we could almost rest a few if we can’t miss 2nd
We can definitely finish 4th. Geelong has smashed the Eagles at the Cattery in recent years - if it happens again, and the Giants and Dockers both win, we'll be heading to the SCG for our qualifying final.

My heart bleeds for David King.

That close eyed fecker is going to be forced to name Port as being a likely top 4 finalist in FoxFooty's first crack show.

Hope he gags on it.
Dont bet on it.
King
Sydney
GWS
Hawks, they’re flying guys all the metrics says it’s theirs.
4 ohhh Collingwood, they’re back
Honourable mention Dogs.

Huddo, no Port?
Narr Huddo, not reliable for me and losing Port forever can’t happen

Why not just enjoy what was a great performance? And check Butter's stats from finals, he has been far from being our biggest problem.

Crows might be bottom 4, but as many pointed out coming into the game their form line the past 6 weeks apart from the Hawthorn blowout has been sound.

And our record against them has not been good.
Butters in finals is on the team and coaches as well as him.

The team hasn’t stood up and supported him enough when he’s hard tagged either.

Sam Powell pepper

Of course. When he was ruled out for the season, my mind just excluded him from the calculations of the entire season and it got on with it. It left me thinking who you were referring to from the only option left after Pep, Rioli, Evans, Narkle, Rioli, DBJ, Anastasopoulos, Ferrari, Sczust, and last night Mead ... leaving one name left in the empty space of my mind ... the Little Mac.

Dont bet on it.
King
Sydney
GWS
Hawks, they’re flying guys all the metrics says it’s theirs.
4 ohhh Collingwood, they’re back
Honourable mention Dogs.

Huddo, no Port?
Narr Huddo, not reliable for me and losing Port forever can’t happen

Yeah but fair enough too though ... Hinkley hasn't exactly scored us enough credits.

Though Sweet was Huge tonight, great effort and strong, what a ruckman needs to be.

I was in nose bleeds in the first but the umpiring looked shocking, I’m sick of our guys marking and not being punched away. It’s a joke.

First quarter high up Crows were breaking into space easier than us, turnovers are so costly now, a team exposed once it happens.

Yeah but fair enough too though ... Hinkley hasn't exactly scored us enough credits.
Someone is working very hard within the inner sanctum to change the narrative since the crying show post St Kilda game. Tredrea talked recently about speaking up in a meeting about the need to embrace expectation and ambition. Maybe he’s exerting a ruthless, winning mindset and Ken’s waking up a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back