Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez Ken this Ken that after a win like that. Some of you need to learn to let go for a day, live in the moment and enjoy the win.

Jeez Ken this Ken that after a win like that. Some of you need to learn to let go for a day, live in the moment and enjoy the win.

I think it was Winston Churchill who once said - 'anyone can beat anyone in this competition, but you've gotta play the long parts of the game for the longest, that's when you'll get bigger wins'.

I think it was Winston Churchill who once said - 'anyone can beat anyone in this competition, but you've gotta play the long parts of the game for the longest, that's when you'll get bigger wins'.

I only saw a brief moment but it looked like Ken and Nicks might have had words after the game. Nicks looked a little angry, hard to tell with him and his characterless face. Ken just looked straight ahead and walked off.

It was a split second decision and he didn’t appear to get Rankine high, but given how the game’s administrators and commentators loathe that sort of violence he’ll be hung, drawn and quartered. To me it looked like the contact with the ground was what KO’d Rankine, but it’s about outcome from the initial act now.
This. The only difference between the Houston bumping Rankine and Thilthorpe tunnelling Jones incidents is the random orientation on how the player lands. If Rankine doesn't land on his head but Jones does and comes off on a stretcher concussed, it's Thilthorpe facing 4 weeks on the sidelines and not Houston.

JHF appitimises everything that is Port Adelaide, absolutely love this bloke, he plays exactly like a Port man. Imo he is our most valuable player right now.

I thought he was going to win us the game single handed early in the second quarter. They managed to hold him a bit after that but then Zak lit up. And Connor worked into the game too.

Great to wake up on a Sunday after winning a showdown and cementing the fact that the franchise has achieved nothing in 2024. Let’s face it no finals for the last 7 years and they have a wish version of Hinkley as their head coach. They are no destination club and I doubt any decent player will want to be traded their unless they are overpaid 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I thought he was going to win us the game single handed early in the second quarter. They managed to hold him a bit after that but then Zak lit up. And Connor worked into the game too.
The last quarter in particular gives you faith that we still have that old Port in us, it was a breath of fresh air to finally see us play the real Port way.

Just saw the Thilthorp tunnel on Jones, that is ****ing dirty as. Where's the duty of care for the players head there? Could've ended a lot worse.
That's the way they call these....

Agree, it should be a much bigger deal, but it's consistent - he might get a fine

Just saw the Thilthorp tunnel on Jones, that is ****ing dirty as. Where's the duty of care for the players head there? Could've ended a lot worse.

I think we all remember Danny Morton's uncontrolled fall from a height like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll get games because Gerard Healy and co have already made it perfectly clear he'll be playing no further part in the season. The conclusion is, therefore, foregone.
Is there any chance we can take some grainy footage of the incident where you can only kind of see the guernsey and convince the media that he was in a Collingwood jumper? Worked for Maynard.

**** that was good seeing the boys play for each other, the club and the supporters.

Beating the sooks was OK.
Hopefully they realise from the crowd reaction at the end that the members aren't the enemy.

We aren't enablers. It's tough love.

But play the right way and we will love you loyally forever.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The last quarter in particular gives you faith that we still have that old Port in us, it was a breath of fresh air to finally see us play the real Port way.
Yes it was there in spade loads, the forward line was chaotic but that Port will to win the ball was making up for the chaos. Always felt the game was in safe hands in that last quarter.

Yes it was there in spade loads, the forward line was chaotic but that Port will to win the ball was making up for the chaos. Always felt the game was in safe hands in that last quarter.
Our forward line is always going to be chaotic without Georgie and Marshall.

It had looked infinitely less so with Georgies recent form.

I'm confident it will be better when he's back.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yet to see any definitive footage that shows any part of Houston's body coming into contact with Rankine's head. It might yet emerge, but until it does any charge of high impact is arguable.

I reckon the concussion was caused by whiplash, with Rankine's chin whipping down and back up again. I don't think it was caused by banging his head on the ground, he looked KO'd already as he fell.

Noticed to as they parted ways Nick's did a shake of the head, I believe he told Nick's that's the last time he will coach against him, unless we win the flag.

I really doubt that.

Ken and Nick's would still be mates after Nicks stint at Port

Hinkley also does not seem to have that mean spirited nature

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back