Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

1ed81326a17d843686e454179dab7def.jpg

He has been called out in the media for preferring to celebrate with the crowd rather than his team mates
There’s plenty of players, crows or otherwise that do that, and I've always liked that our players seem to go to their teammates first.

You talk about any Showdown ranking and #1 is at the top of the list. It was Ali v Frazier 1, but the good guys won. An insane build up and match.

Yep no. 1 will always be top of the list, unless there's a Port v. Adelaide GF. Which talking about Adelaide being sooks, showed it's nothing new. I remember the siren going and singing our song. Wait, no I didn't, because they didn't play it. All class there. I remember by the time we got round to the second showdown they'd been shamed into playing opposition team songs at the concrete bowl and we had to listen to their Marine Corps rip off.

There was plenty of booing going on though after the final siren. Not by Port supporters though and not directed at Port players. There were the Adelaide 'fans' booing their own players (with a bit of spitting thrown in) their own players as they went down the race.

tl;dr - Adelaide have always been hypocritical sooks.

The decision you make is to not attack a contest so hard that you can't avoid knocking someone out. Unless you're Maynard then you can just end a bloke's career with no penalty.

Houston had full view of what was in front of him, he knew where Rankine was landing, he went in too hard.
And if he'd pulled out of the contest, he risked being accused of being a squib like Rachelle.

Matt crouch reportedly assaulted a port supporter post showdown. Absolute grub!

If anyone wonders I am being sarcastic. Media beat up

First story on Ch7 news - Matt Crouch potentially in trouble for knocking off a Port supporters cap while walking through the players’ race at the end of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knocked a hat off, so basically nothing. You just knew when it was Matt Crouch involved there'd be no damage done.

Matt Crouch showed admirable restraint in only tipping the hat off his head.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back