Sick of defending the MFC

Remove this Banner Ad

The trouble with the likes of Melbourne is they have poor player development. They have had a stack of early draft picks but they have failed to develop them with Trengrove & Watts as good examples of this.

It further dilutes the talent base in the AFL. As it is, too many teams & you have the likes of Melbourne having access to high draft picks but 'lowering' the overall talent base as they can't develop players.

Melboune tried to change things in the offseason but something is culturally still stuffed. I can't see how a CEO, who was sacked by the club after the playing group voted a no confidence in him can remain, ditto for Chris Connolly.

Melboune tried to change things in the offseason but something is culturally still stuffed. I can't see how a CEO, who was sacked by the club after the playing group voted a no confidence in him can remain, ditto for Chris Connolly.

How can a player group be responsible for the management of a team? Do you really want players deciding who the CEO is? Players are recruited to run and kick... that's it. I'm sick of this AFLPA bull.

How can a player group be responsible for the management of a team? Do you really want players deciding who the CEO is? Players are recruited to run and kick... that's it. I'm sick of this AFLPA bull.

CEO's shouldn't get involved with 'onfield' matters, that is the job of the Football Manager. If Gary Pert went over Geoff Walshe's say & got involved with player selection, I'd be mortified.

Cameron Schwab has been involved with the VFL/AFL since 1983. He has been at Richmond, Melbourne & Fremantle. In those 29 years, with Schwab employed at these clubs, those 3 clubs have played in September 3 times, it is a miracle he has stayed employed so long.

Prior to the game we'd won 2 of 16 and were third last. Naturally, I tipped Port.

Yet some Melbourne supporters are surprised by our showing ? What have you been watching all year ? We have the worst midfield in the league and games of football are still won in the midfield.

I laughed at your bluntness there champ, but you are spot on.
How can you label Jurrah a gun and Schulz a dud? You either know nothing about football or your misconceptions are stuck back in '06.

The OP should stick by his club, but I feel for the bloke. He's told to keep patient, but where is the horizon? All the 'young guns' they recruit end up becoming so-so players, whether by poor drafting or horrid development.

The trouble with the likes of Melbourne is they have poor player development. They have had a stack of early draft picks but they have failed to develop them with Trengrove & Watts as good examples of this.

I agree that we haven't developed players well, but Trengove will be a very good player. His first two years were terrific and while he's down this year he's still only 20. Have you ever seen Bartel's, Hayes', Boyd's, Watson's or Swan's stats in their third year ? And plenty of others.

And learn how to spell his name, dolt.

Agree with that.

Clark and Schulz are level as FF talent.

Jurrah as a 40-50 goal a season player is better than Butcher, who is certainly not a spud.

Butcher and Gray combined > Jurrah.

I laughed at your bluntness there champ, but you are spot on.

You're an idiot too. Say what you like about Melbourne's football ability, it eclipses the football knowledge of some of their supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. But two does beat one. What about in the ruck? Jamar>Lobbe/Redden/etc combined.

Yeah, probably. But we were talking about forward lines.

Anyway, this is a fairly pointless 'who's dick is smaller' exercise so we may as well leave it here.

Melbourne supporters overrating their own is nothing new
Clark booted 29 in 10 games when given the chance to play as the first forward. Sound familiar?

If they can trade well, draft well, they can build a side that can become what they want it to be. They don;t need to throw big $$$$ at guys like Cloke, they need to find guys like Laidlaw, Grigg, Mumford, Mcglynn, Kennedy around league, who aren't getting games, who can come in and fill a role.

I honestly doubt North would let him go but someone like Levi Greenwood would be ideal for Melbourne. He's depth at North because we have plenty of inside mids but clearly AFL standard. Young enough, hard at it, capable for the odd big game where gets 30+ touches, can kick a goal and perform a shutdown role too. Would be great to hekp the Melbourne kids as they come through.

Which is why they should have put everything into the footy department first to make sure those picks got the best environment. THEN tackled debt etc.

I honestly doubt North would let him go but someone like Levi Greenwood would be ideal for Melbourne. He's depth at North because we have plenty of inside mids but clearly AFL standard. Young enough, hard at it, capable for the odd big game where gets 30+ touches, can kick a goal and perform a shutdown role too. Would be great to hekp the Melbourne kids as they come through.

Melbourne have enough depth inside mids. They need A grade inside mids.

Would be more than willing to bring the Port Adelaide Magpie boy back home though.

Something in here that isn't nonsensical.

We're coming from such a long way back, Bailey didn't really do the basics in skills and fitness anywhere near well enough.

Any true supporter sticks through thick and thin, so it's actually quite depressing to see Melbourne supporters start Melbourne threads like this (despite the fact that CTM is a flog).

Bailey worked to instructions, up to & including tanking. No cred in slagging Bailey !!

Its reassuring to know at least one, even if one only, Melbourne supporter doesnt buy deep rooted failure & run out excuses, e.g a troll.

Spoken as a 'too many teams in Melbourne' believer.

Bailey worked to instructions, up to & including tanking. No cred in slagging Bailey !!

Its reassuring to know at least one, even if one only, Melbourne supporter doesnt buy deep rooted failure & run out excuses, e.g a troll.

Spoken as a 'too many teams in Melbourne' believer.
Remembering that the competition stemmed from the VFL and really, that argument is completely irrelevant.

Regardless of whether Bailey was told to tank or not, he was also told to develop our list. He failed at that and as a result we have to start again.

I wouldn't be taking the opinion of a poster known to slag his own team off at any chance very seriously if I were you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sick of defending the MFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back