Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt he's an absolute ripper but we've had our share of those over the years
Time now to bake the team cake and play to our potential all over the field , we can play so much better if we keep PFD doing what he does and narrow the gap between him and the rest - we've got a long way to go but with a largely fit list we could contend again fairly quickly - we start winning games when PFD plays like a mere mortal and we'll be going places:)

No doubt he's an absolute ripper but we've had our share of those over the years
Time now to bake the team cake and play to our potential all over the field , we can play so much better if we keep PFD doing what he does and narrow the gap between him and the rest - we've got a long way to go but with a largely fit list we could contend again fairly quickly - we start winning games when PFD plays like a mere mortal and we'll be going places:)
This.

Kick arse when Danger plays a good game with 28 possies.

The thread on the Crows board shocks me a bit. I cant remember so many of us being as bitter and nasty towards Ablett when he went. I mean, one post even says "praying for leprosy outbreak in Moggs". All class.

The thread on the Crows board shocks me a bit. I cant remember so many of us being as bitter and nasty towards Ablett when he went. I mean, one post even says "praying for leprosy outbreak in Moggs". All class.
To be fair, Ablett had already helped deliver two premierships and was made an offer that was going to make him seriously wealthy. And we won another premiership without him. Paddy was the promise of good times ahead for the crows, Ablett had already delivered. People can take that hard.

To be fair, Ablett had already helped deliver two premierships and was made an offer that was going to make him seriously wealthy. And we won another premiership without him. Paddy was the promise of good times ahead for the crows, Ablett had already delivered. People can take that hard.
There's taking it hard. The there's malevolence.

What I love is all the posts about Dangerfields move to Geelong excelling him up the rankings because us 'VICs' are ignorant.

Because you know no Victorian ever realised how good Dangefield was before we recruited him after all. Shot in the dark thats really worked out for usI reckon. He's become quite a player after 1 game in the hoops.

I love Titus O'Reily's take on PFD's move to the Cats :D

“He missed our game against North Melbourne and I think he would have played if he was planning to re-sign with us.”

“I guess the cold hard truth dawned on me when I saw him racking up 43 possessions, 22 of them contested with seven clearances, 10 inside-50s and five tackles against Hawthorn.
“I turned to my daughter Alice and said ‘I don’t think he’s coming back’.

:D

I don't want this to be a suck eggs Crows type thing, and i'll be deleting it and any responses that go too far that way, but having seen a few PFD games when he was at the Crows, especially last season, it almost seemed like he was playing with something to prove last Monday.

Having rewatched the game a few times, his attack was just SO spirited. I posted in the review thread that the teams intensity seemed SO much more engaged and that perhaps he lifted all boats, but he really did.

Im not sure each week will have the same gusto, and fair enough too, but even at 80% that still 35 odd touches a game.

With the resting forward opportunities now as well, the back 6 of each team we face, especially their smalls, cannot be excited at the likelihood of facing both Sel and PFD thru the game.... or at once!:eek::drunk::straining:

Long story short, the buzz is real. He is real. And while the pundits, or a few of them, are giving Jake Stringer the GAS parallels ( bit soon IMO) PFD is making his own footprint "down at Kardinia Park..."

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want this to be a suck eggs Crows type thing, and i'll be deleting it and any responses that go too far that way, but having seen a few PFD games when he was at the Crows, especially last season, it almost seemed like he was playing with something to prove last Monday.

Having rewatched the game a few times, his attack was just SO spirited. I posted in the review thread that the teams intensity seemed SO much more engaged and that perhaps he lifted all boats, but he really did.

Im not sure each week will have the same gusto, and fair enough too, but even at 80% that still 35 odd touches a game.

With the resting forward opportunities now as well, the back 6 of each team we face, especially their smalls, cannot be excited at the likelihood of facing both Sel and PFD thru the game.... or at once!:eek::drunk::straining:

Long story short, the buzz is real. He is real. And while the pundits, or a few of them, are giving Jake Stringer the GAS parallels ( bit soon IMO) PFD is making his own footprint "down at Kardinia Park..."

GO Catters
So to sum up Daz, get around him?

I don't really get where people are coming from when they attribute a large portion of Premiership success to 1 player in footy, no matter how many possies he gathers. If that were true, gaj would have delivered the suns multiple flags by now.

Aussie rules is a team game where an even contribution from 18 players is absolutely essential, there can be no passengers or they become dead weight that hold the entire team back. Unlike a sport like basketball (5 on each side) where a superstar of Jordan's ilk can realistically carry a whole team on his shoulders to championship glory.

That is simply not possible in footy where there are 36 players on the field at any one time. On the contrary gaj should be forever thankful to Geelong for putting a side around him that was capable of achieving Premiership glory on multiple occassions. Then he opts for dirty lucre orchestrated by dimwit over winning more flags yet Geelong still managed to eke out 1 more flag with aging super stars whilst gaj for the most part has languished on the bottom half of the ladder with his new side.

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/gfcsupporterspage/?fref=nf

The Victorian government have officially announced the Princess Highway will be renamed "Highway to the Danger zone" following the success of a recent petition.

Victorian roads minister Luke Donnellan released a statement this morning saying the government fully backed the movement to name Geelong's main highway after the superstar midfielder.

"Patrick Dangerfield’s explosive start has lifted expectation of the Cats as contenders for the flag this year - it’s only right that we recognise this by renaming the Princes Highway after him.”

"Geelong’s identity as an industrial town has sort of faded over the last decade and the town has really needed something that sets it apart from other regional cities.”

“Embracing the Cats and embracing footy to create that identity is a great idea. It’s sort of like Green Bay or Manchester.”

“I hope this is just the first step in the rebranding of Geelong to make it more Cats-centric. Like renaming Thomson to Thompson to honour Bomber Thompson, or painting the roof of St Mary’s blue and white and inviting ex-players to give sermons on a Sunday. That kind of thing.”

upload_2016-4-1_15-29-42.png

It's basically two middle of the road first round picks. Milera (Pick 11 last year) and it will be a pick in the teens this year.

Ottens was traded for that. End result to Richmond was Meyer and Pattinson.

Ablett compo was similar. End result to Geelong was Caddy and Smedts.

You take the proven elite player every day of the week. Draft picks are magic beans.

Your last quote is probably the best ever by another supporter on here.

A round one pick is an estimated guess at best. Known quantities are where we should be heading to keep our window open

https://www.facebook.com/gfcsupporterspage/?fref=nf

The Victorian government have officially announced the Princess Highway will be renamed "Highway to the Danger zone" following the success of a recent petition.

Victorian roads minister Luke Donnellan released a statement this morning saying the government fully backed the movement to name Geelong's main highway after the superstar midfielder.

"Patrick Dangerfield’s explosive start has lifted expectation of the Cats as contenders for the flag this year - it’s only right that we recognise this by renaming the Princes Highway after him.”

"Geelong’s identity as an industrial town has sort of faded over the last decade and the town has really needed something that sets it apart from other regional cities.”

“Embracing the Cats and embracing footy to create that identity is a great idea. It’s sort of like Green Bay or Manchester.”

“I hope this is just the first step in the rebranding of Geelong to make it more Cats-centric. Like renaming Thomson to Thompson to honour Bomber Thompson, or painting the roof of St Mary’s blue and white and inviting ex-players to give sermons on a Sunday. That kind of thing.”

View attachment 230776

Some idiot fell for this hook, line and sinker on the addy website.

A certain "Le Duex"posted it here looking for nibbles....

GO Catters:D

GO Catters
Happy life... happy football...

Lay down with Dogs.. you get fleas... leave them to their own opinions.. some will temper over time,some will not. At least when we had Ablett we won 2 Flags...and when he left we won another just to salt the pork. The Crows have got at least two good players directly related to the Danger trade, perhaps over time they will think they have done well out of FA an wish him a good future and happy life , ( and yes pigs might fly )

Probably getting in early with the easiest most obvious toast of all time.

But my god what a player we have gotten here.
He is a beast, strong, competitive and explosive..
43 disposals.... 21 contested :eek:

And even though he gave that free away for cracking the shits at the umpire I actually think he almost lifted another gear after that, I said to my missus that he is playing angry now.. ripped a couple of clearances out, took some fantastic contested marks and unfortunately missed, and basically was a huge part in us putting them away at the end.
Of course he was a huge part of us being in front at all.

Out and out superstar... just wait till Joel is fit and up and running with him

( I know there is the trade thread still mods and if you want to merge no stress, I just figure that deals with his past and us getting him... this is about him as a Cat)
Hi Willo, PFD wow, what a 1st game, there was a lot of pent up energy and i'm glad we got the Hawks 1st up. Dangerfield, he ain't no gun.
He's a f#&@ing Cannon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sir Patrick F Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back