Remove this Banner Ad

The thread on the Crows board shocks me a bit. I cant remember so many of us being as bitter and nasty towards Ablett when he went. I mean, one post even says "praying for leprosy outbreak in Moggs". All class.

Sorry for the intrusion.

You have to understand that having had little success for near on 20 years and having a top 5 player in the league (without high draft picks) along with a young and fairly promising list, we were pretty excited at a potential rise to be a contender.

Our best player being taken away at this time really stings hard (he was my favourite player since his debut) and also because of the fact that we didn't get a chance at relative compensation due to free agency. Add in the loss of Bock, Davis, Gunston and Tippett.

There's a lot of over the top crows fans who need to move on, I agree. But surely it's to be expected of a passionate fan base? After all, you guys had just seen plenty of success that ablett helped you achieve where as we have had stuff all.

Good luck to him. I hold no grudges (apart from a redundant 32 guernsey) and respect his decision to move for family reasons.

Surely the drop him call is a joke. But seriously his kicking disposal is a worry.
You queens of the drama need to settle down. This years he's 68% over the two games.
Compare with the following.
FahW5BfWq50WkwFS2biH20_-EKR82MY6HzmBzusGLAI.jpg

Sorry for the intrusion.

You have to understand that having had little success for near on 20 years and having a top 5 player in the league (without high draft picks) along with a young and fairly promising list, we were pretty excited at a potential rise to be a contender.

Our best player being taken away at this time really stings hard (he was my favourite player since his debut) and also because of the fact that we didn't get a chance at relative compensation due to free agency. Add in the loss of Bock, Davis, Gunston and Tippett.

There's a lot of over the top crows fans who need to move on, I agree. But surely it's to be expected of a passionate fan base? After all, you guys had just seen plenty of success that ablett helped you achieve where as we have had stuff all.

Good luck to him. I hold no grudges (apart from a redundant 32 guernsey) and respect his decision to move for family reasons.

Some reasonable reasons there..but you must also remember that it was FA that allowed Betts to get to your club. How much did you give to Car for him? Did they get fair recompense? You had a chance to match and then traded PD. We had no such ability with Ablett.. so there is never a exact comparison for an trade. The players you have for him at least give you a chance to get some long term value. All the best..as long as you don't play us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some reasonable reasons there..but you must also remember that it was FA that allowed Betts to get to your club. How much did you give to Car for him? Did they get fair recompense? You had a chance to match and then traded PD. We had no such ability with Ablett.. so there is never a exact comparison for an trade. The players you have for him at least give you a chance to get some long term value. All the best..as long as you don't play us.
Betts was on the outer at Carlton and Adelaide offered him a contract which Carlton never intended to match. Betts has never played better football since moving to the Crows.

Could never have imagined there would be a more stark contrast of fortunes for both clubs and Patty himself from R1 to 2.

We lose to a good side by 10 points and there's the media's proof losing Patty will kill us. You beat the reigning premier and Patty is supreme - he's the difference.

This week reality bites, we can play well without him, you can lose with him and he can have quiet periods.

Bottom line - we all know that so much of what is written and spoken is rubbish, footy is ultimately a team sport and 1 champion does not a premiership make. It takes the sum of a whole range of parts.

Patty is a champ, but we never won a flag with him, and neither will Geelong unless a whole group of players follow his lead.

Given Adelaide supporters feel they have free reign to come on here and pot one of the best players in the competition after his team loses a game, I assume I have free reign to go and rub their noses in it every time we win and Patrick plays well?

They are being watched and on a very short leash.

Constructive debate is one thing. Anything else wont be here long. Neither will they.

Go Catters

Patty is a champ, but we never won a flag with him, and neither will Geelong unless a whole group of players follow his lead.
Head home to their families?? ;)

Given Adelaide supporters feel they have free reign to come on here and pot one of the best players in the competition after his team loses a game, I assume I have free reign to go and rub their noses in it every time we win and Patrick plays well?
Can't see why not :thumbsu:

I am sure what is good for one is good for the other

Bottom line - we all know that so much of what is written and spoken is rubbish

Raving about his performance last week wasn't rubbish. It was accurate ;)
It's a funny thing how people want to delete the past because of what happens in the future.
Losing this week doesn't make his or our performance last week any less impressive. It means we weren't impressive this week.

Betts was on the outer at Carlton and Adelaide offered him a contract which Carlton never intended to match. Betts has never played better football since moving to the Crows.

You may well be right... but Ade did not send any comp at all towards Car. It was the system, the one they are unhappy with that allowed him to go there. Why did Car let him go... I suspect it was probably a Frawley type deal..they like the pick they were going to get. The whole system has swings and roundabouts... and sooner or later you will lose one if you gain one. We will too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sir Patrick F Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back