AFL Autopsy R20: Smashed by the Saints, and the season is cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

cowards? Who cares where we sit on the ladder have you seen the habits of the experienced core? Have you seen the way they are playing ? Who we have lost to? We deserve to finish bottom 3

i think he's talking about the players being cowards

The Blitz is saying Rama on the ABC said the players didn't react well to be given a baking during the week and that might explain today's attitude.
If true, collect all the players that didn’t respond well and throw them out. We always talk about the coach and not enough about the players.

Churning through coaches does absolutely nothing. Turn over the list and only keep those who are willing to bring their all every week.

d4178f3e3fc17bee725ce15b6db54619.jpg

Onya Damian.

Skills & forward coach should be sacked on the spot. Nobody leads, nobody.

We had zero pace across the ground.

Made Sharman look like a superstar.
This. Our forward problems have not materialised overnight - this has been going on for weeks. Giving Wright games creates so many problems, I’m not going to start other than to say it limits us.

Next, the one consistent trend this year (even in games we have won) is that the opposition backs either intercept or spoil to the front of packs and then run it out. They invariably transition easily and score from it. Our lack of ability to lock the ball in our forward half is amateurish.

So, here’s the kicker - Dale Tapping is our forwards coach and Scott oversees the whole thing. Given that their full time position is to work these things out it is laughable that, while this trend has been obvious all year, they can’t sort this out. It’s their job FFS.

Finally, the fact that Scott persists with a failed plan by choosing the same players with the same structures suggests he is a very slow learner. It appears he is too proud and stubborn.

We need two things 1. A shorter, quicker side, and 2. Blooding youngsters. We have so many players down on form and confidence that relatively inexperienced players couldn’t really do much worse.

Last edited:
What’s happened to Ben Hobbs?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
"Not ready."

Can't play the kids you see, they might cost us wins. Much better to leave them to develop in our excellent VFL program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On hols and didn’t watch this game

In the preview thread I mentioned that Ross would be celebrating some champagne football. And so it panned out.

What would you do if you knew that we were never going to get any better? Lots of comments calling to sack Scott, gut the list etc.

Surely that’s based on the hope we might actually one day improve.

But maybe we are actually going to be mid table for the next 50 years and we should all just either chill or find another club.

hopefully the players wake up

Man, that's a bit much. Abusing your own team. You wonder what else the players endure.

I think we need to realise, the players might just be at the behest of the list they are given and the limitations of their own skill ceiling.

Some of this really is on our list management and the coaching not getting the results. It's not just the players.

Last edited:
I don’t really like that behaviour no matter how bad we get.
feedback is a gift, when delivered appropriately:

i would’ve just calmly yelled, “that performance was subpar. i give you a “not met” on your performance review. if you don’t lift, ill have no choice but to formally place you on a performance improvement plan”

I didn’t really need my tarot cards to ask about this season at all.
So predictable.

Half the side is not next level. Clean out. Bring in a real team of footballers who want success.

Otherwise some good wins but predictable slide second half is so boring.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy R20: Smashed by the Saints, and the season is cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back