SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly yes. Well not technically stabbed. It was more like. “I’m going to cut your f…… throat you f…… c…”. I don’t doubt for one minute that this nutter meant business but fortunately for me the said knuckle dragger was so drunk he would have probably lacked the dexterity to carry it out. I was not the only one threatened by that goose this particular day either. Of course you cannot tar every supporter with the same brush but the memory remains which does tend to cloud my judgment of this particular club.

Any one else hear that Des Ryan was suspended for umpire abuse for 2 weeks ! Not a good look for Cheltenham
Heard that to but haven’t seen that league updates.
Watched the footage at end of 2nd qtr and didn’t look to be much in it.
Apparently had to do with the non free kick just before the siren .

Chelt on fire right now, anyone at the game? Was chelt just that good or was it a cranny off day.
Caught some of the fev show on the weekend, brings entertainment that’s for sure. One minute snapping one from 50m on the boundary then 10 minutes later missing from the top of the square. One thing I noticed is that he is genuinley a prick. Constantly complaining about everything, giving away 50s for dissent, having a go at teammates. Wasn’t a great look for him.
On another note East malvern actually put up a showing, should be happy with that

Chelt on fire right now, anyone at the game? Was chelt just that good or was it a cranny off day.
Caught some of the fev show on the weekend, brings entertainment that’s for sure. One minute snapping one from 50m on the boundary then 10 minutes later missing from the top of the square. One thing I noticed is that he is genuinley a prick. Constantly complaining about everything, giving away 50s for dissent, having a go at teammates. Wasn’t a great look for him.
On another note East malvern actually put up a showing, should be happy with that
Chelt very good. Injuries perhaps starting to get to Cranny.

IChelt on fire right now, anyone at the game? Was chelt just that good or was it a cranny off day.

Probably a bit of both crany being off and Cheltenham are a very good side think it’s suprised a few people cranny haven’t been as dominant as they thought they would be and underrated the sfl sides just as keysborough did and doveton have this year thinking they would come into there division and dominate it its good to see especially when several of these club’s players or supporters always looked down on the SFL

Probably a bit of both crany being off and Cheltenham are a very good side think it’s suprised a few people cranny haven’t been as dominant as they thought they would be and underrated the sfl sides just as keysborough did and doveton have this year thinking they would come into there division and dominate it its good to see especially when several of these club’s players or supporters always looked down on the SFL

Don’t forget Hampton Park were expected to walk through everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Funny situation last week St kilda City had a home game at peanut farm scheduled for 4:45pm as a twilight game.

couple of days before the sfl hq emailed club and said umpires were too scared to be at peanut farm after dark, so the seniors game was moved to 2pm

league also sent security guards down to peanut farm, but they were mates of a well known samoan gangster at city and spent the day laughing and wrestling with the guy they were supposed to be protecting everyone from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny situation last week St kilda City had a home game at peanut farm scheduled for 4:45pm as a twilight game.

couple of days before the sfl hq emailed club and said umpires were too scared to be at peanut farm after dark, so the seniors game was moved to 2pm

league also sent security guards down to peanut farm, but they were mates of a well known samoan gangster at city and spent the day laughing and wrestling with the guy they were supposed to be protecting everyone from
And there in is where the problem is. Security firms and cops are even afraid of this dude. Heaven help the league official or umpire that does anything just saying

Not that funny imo. If the league has to send security to encourage umpires to attend a clubs matches then surely the tenure of that club within the competition is coming to an end.

The days of City being involved in the SFL should be numbered. Tell them to go and find another comp that will put up with this type of off-field behaviour and standards.

It's actually an embarrassing look for City, but upon reflection I don't think they care.

We get it you have a beef with st kilda city. You’re embarrassing yourself

Bentleigh’s Senior coach resigning come seniors end! Interesting read in that they’ve played 51 players in their senior side this year. Shows why they’re 2nd last but i feel it’s to be commended how they’ve put up some great fights against better and older teams with such a young side. Find the right coach and if their 19s can develop (looking now both their 19s sides are still undefeated) they’ll have an abundance of elite 1 point loyal players. Even watching them vs City on the weekend you could see how young a lot of the team was and they put up a great game (score flattered city). Could be a powerhouse team in a few years.

Any other whispers of coaches on the chopping block coke seasons end? Wonder if malvern will stick with theirs in div 2. Spend a couple years down there and try to rebuild a solid core and then fight for the flag.

Bentleigh’s Senior coach resigning come seniors end! Interesting read in that they’ve played 51 players in their senior side this year. Shows why they’re 2nd last but i feel it’s to be commended how they’ve put up some great fights against better and older teams with such a young side. Find the right coach and if their 19s can develop (looking now both their 19s sides are still undefeated) they’ll have an abundance of elite 1 point loyal players. Even watching them vs City on the weekend you could see how young a lot of the team was and they put up a great game (score flattered city). Could be a powerhouse team in a few years.

Any other whispers of coaches on the chopping block coke seasons end? Wonder if malvern will stick with theirs in div 2. Spend a couple years down there and try to rebuild a solid core and then fight for the flag.
Could be a few changes
East Malvern gone
Port colts reckon gone
Dingley shakey
Springy districts - maybe co-coach with a gun player from another league .
Cranbourne- shakey

Could be a few changes
East Malvern gone
Port colts reckon gone
Dingley shakey
Springy districts - maybe co-coach with a gun player from another league .
Cranbourne- shakey
Interesting one the Springy Districts you mention. I know they have had some connections with Noble Park over the years…..so I’m assuming that could be where your heading with this.
In terms of guns from Noble that associate with Springy lads, Jackson Sketcher might be the obvious one (dad was a champ at Springy) but a coup it would be for Springy and the comp if they were to get Kyle Martin over the line 🧐

Stkilda city are shot ! Doggies were way too good ! City looked old and slow and we’re not hungry at all !

There chances of making it to the big dance are now slim

Interesting one the Springy Districts you mention. I know they have had some connections with Noble Park over the years…..so I’m assuming that could be where your heading with this.
In terms of guns from Noble that associate with Springy lads, Jackson Sketcher might be the obvious one (dad was a champ at Springy) but a coup it would be for Springy and the comp if they were to get Kyle Martin over the line 🧐
Interesting thoughts on Districts but that seems to have some legs ??
Maybe Dingey will have a crack at Kyle Martin as well . Didn’t he agree to play there last year when SFNL Season was still going ???

Anyone heard Richard Houston might be going back to City in a committee role ??? New president????

Hearing they’ve signed Nick Jewell

Interesting thoughts on Districts but that seems to have some legs ??
Maybe Dingey will have a crack at Kyle Martin as well . Didn’t he agree to play there last year when SFNL Season was still going ???

Anyone heard Richard Houston might be going back to City in a committee role ??? New president????
No Kyle was signed by Springy in the year the SFL was still going (and all other comps had called it a day).

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back