SNFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Any word on the Hampton Park - BR praccy match yesterday?
Hampton park 13-19 to Black rock 3-5 I think roughly I know Hampton park had 8 senior players missing and I’m sure black rock had a fair few missing as well as the gap couldn’t be that big if they are the best side in Div 3 was a good hit out for both sides

A couple of questions for you all

So which club has recruited the best.
Will all teams have enough for Reserves teams, all leagues are struggling
Who are the players (new to the Div) to watch.
Have south Yarra got a ground
Ashwood oval has be redone - will it be ready this season - where they playing

A couple of questions for you all

So which club has recruited the best.
Will all teams have enough for Reserves teams, all leagues are struggling
Who are the players (new to the Div) to watch.
Have south Yarra got a ground
Ashwood oval has be redone - will it be ready this season - where they playing
Probably murrumbeena or BR (if the internal noise means anything)
There's more thirds teams than last year so only seems to be an issue with clubs that maybe have internal issues?
I believe south Yarra do have a paddock to play on and no one gives a flying ferk about ashwood

Not Div 3 related but Hampton Hammers have called an emergency meeting… would hate a club to pull out on eve of season

They're cooked, they need 15-20 players in a couple weeks to be able to run for the year. No chance. Mt Waverley 2.0
Not sure where the Mount Waverley comparison comes from other than they might / will fold?
My Waverley were reasonably successful for a long period of time (albeit only won 1 flag) but won lots of matches, before finally winning one and going up a grade. They did alright for a season then the players threw in the towel. Hampton on the other hand have been plodding for a good 6-7 years in D2 and with a huge amount of clubs in the area, eventually something had to give. Maybe the league might give them some leniency for 1 year (like they did East Brighton in 2016) and let them only have 1 side with a bye in the Reserves with the ambition to build it back up next season…….better than folding altogether!

Not sure where the Mount Waverley comparison comes from other than they might / will fold?
My Waverley were reasonably successful for a long period of time (albeit only won 1 flag) but won lots of matches, before finally winning one and going up a grade. They did alright for a season then the players threw in the towel. Hampton on the other hand have been plodding for a good 6-7 years in D2 and with a huge amount of clubs in the area, eventually something had to give. Maybe the league might give them some leniency for 1 year (like they did East Brighton in 2016) and let them only have 1 side with a bye in the Reserves with the ambition to build it back up next season…….better than folding altogether!
Hopefully they do something to keep them going like you suggested like east Brighton and as for mount Waverley they folded once before the last time and got up and running again there problem was once they went up and couldn’t win a lot they would all jump ship just the same as when they all went to fair park in eastern Div 4 won the flag in a low level then jumped ship and left them struggling to many glory hunters

Clayton were apparently destroyed by Mulgrave, no scores but might have kicked one late goal in five quarters to Mulgrave’s 20 to 30 goals.

Surely Clayton had players out? I know the EFL is regarded as stronger but not to that degree
Easily 10 of there top players out, if not more and there genuine "A" grade mids were unavailable along with there no.1 ruckman. Don't be fooled by practice match outcomes. It was only the first 2-3 qtrs they had there "seniors" out there. Mulgrave clearly a cut above Clayton's inbetween seniors and reserves side and they were clearly a lot younger and a hell of a lot quicker. It appeared as if the Clayton brains trust where not worried in the slightest.

Easily 10 of there top players out, if not more and there genuine "A" grade mids were unavailable along with there no.1 ruckman. Don't be fooled by practice match outcomes. It was only the first 2-3 qtrs they had there "seniors" out there. Mulgrave clearly a cut above Clayton's inbetween seniors and reserves side and they were clearly a lot younger and a hell of a lot quicker. It appeared as if the Clayton brains trust where not worried in the slightest.

Heard the results and thought that must have been the case. Both are Div 3 in their respective leagues, I know the EFL is considered a better standard but not by that much!

Heard the results and thought that must have been the case. Both are Div 3 in their respective leagues, I know the EFL is considered a better standard but not by that much!
EFL is a heap better. In my opinion Mulgrave will be fighting for the spoon with Oakleigh Districts in their comp and would be a red hot chance to win the flag in this division.

Last edited:
Black rock played old mentonians in a practise game last night and BR got absolutely pumped. Think they kicked 1 goal for the match and looked slow, under prepared and out of there depth. Interesting to see how they go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eastern is way above Southern, few years ago watched Norwood( Premier Div) destroy full strength Cheltenham(Div 1) side by 150 pts, was last practice game for both before Season proper and Chelt made Finals that year

Black rock played old mentonians in a practise game last night and BR got absolutely pumped. Think they kicked 1 goal for the match and looked slow, under prepared and out of there depth. Interesting to see how they go.
Context champ - BR genuinely had a heap out - two weddings in the place in past 2 weeks

Context champ - BR genuinely had a heap out - two weddings in the place in past 2 weeks
Haha alright squirt, just reviewing what I saw. Not much I can do other then that. Would suggest that even with players out you would hope you where more competitive then that. Good luck for the year.

Old Mentonians are Premier C?
Bit of a gulf there.

Watched Ashwood play 2nd div North Footscray and was very impressed with Ashwood who got up by 2 goals at the end

2 really enjoyable games to watch and 2 impressive wins for Ashy. Snr game was really fast paced. The even better part was seeing them all have a beer together after the game which is what local sport is about. I believe they have locked in 2 clubs for long term annual praccy games which is pretty cool to. Clubs take blood and sweat to run . Thankfully for sfl clubs, the poisonous keyboard warriors above aren’t part of them.

2 really enjoyable games to watch and 2 impressive wins for Ashy. Snr game was really fast paced. The even better part was seeing them all have a beer together after the game which is what local sport is about. I believe they have locked in 2 clubs for long term annual praccy games which is pretty cool to. Clubs take blood and sweat to run . Thankfully for sfl clubs, the poisonous keyboard warriors above aren’t part of them.
🐍

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back