SNFL Div 4 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to feel for South Yarra. Smashed every week and continue to turn up, hopefully a rebuild in place.

Kangas v Hampton game of the week. Past players day at the club will bring the crowd, Hampton coming off a couple of wins, should be ripper.

Mornington in the box seat.

With June / July on the doorstep, depth of playing lists will be the difference with injuries and overseas trips to take their toll.

Bring your fat ugly missus and watch dandy win the flag you ugly campaigner 12 senior players out no one’s getting close
12 senior players out :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:, we keep hearing this from the pretenders at greaves road. Every week, "we were missing players" your not the only team missing players' goose. If you have to many out just go and buy some more players LOL. The only club i know paying EVERY player and still play like a thirds team

Would there be any benefit with forward planning for 2024 in combining third and fourth divisions? With Cerberus pulling the pin in the pre-season, South Yarra regularly defaulting in the Reserves and Hampton also forfeiting at least one game in thye seconds it makes the playing experience for at least the Reserves players pretty average. If the bye, Kings Birthday and a game against Sth Yarra were all in the same 4 week period this would be pretty demoralising for an opposition club.

Would there be any benefit with forward planning for 2024 in combining third and fourth divisions? With Cerberus pulling the pin in the pre-season, South Yarra regularly defaulting in the Reserves and Hampton also forfeiting at least one game in thye seconds it makes the playing experience for at least the Reserves players pretty average. If the bye, Kings Birthday and a game against Sth Yarra were all in the same 4 week period this would be pretty demoralising for an opposition club.

Always thought that combining the comps and potentially having a top 8 system might be the go. Gives more teams a chance to play finals and could make it more exciting.

The top div 3 clubs may smoke the bottom D4 teams though which wouldn't be ideal...

Always thought that combining the comps and potentially having a top 8 system might be the go. Gives more teams a chance to play finals and could make it more exciting.

The top div 3 clubs may smoke the bottom D4 teams though which wouldn't be ideal...
Some pretty lopsided games already this season.....

agree, could you imagine the top sides against lyndale , doveton or South yarra would be a pumping.

although old mate Geelong cats07 would say that Dandenong would be flag favorites if they combined the 2 divisions, and when they lose which is bound to happen as they are the "wish version of a thirds team" they would tell us they had 23 injured players and a deflated football they brought from Kmart with their spare change.

agree, could you imagine the top sides against lyndale , doveton or South yarra would be a pumping.

Agree. I think the concept of a larger league and top 8 finals system would be cool though. Or perhaps once everyone plays each other they could fix the remaining 3-4 games to have the bottom sides play each other?

Regardless I don't see it happening. Maybe more teams go up from each div and we end up with 12 in each division or something like that?

Agree. I think the concept of a larger league and top 8 finals system would be cool though. Or perhaps once everyone plays each other they could fix the remaining 3-4 games to have the bottom sides play each other?

Regardless I don't see it happening. Maybe more teams go up from each div and we end up with 12 in each division or something like that?
Who knows what will happen with flow of Clubs in and out of Leagues?- always seems to be teams on the move!

What about St.Johns and Masala Footy clubs? Currently playing in VAFA.. I have seen both the teams play and they seem fine.
Could shake up Div 3 or 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't St John's just sack their coach?
Not sure about that but they can shake up either Div 3 or 4.. probably to even out the comp. So it can look like (just an example in Div 4)

South Mornington
Dandenong
Masala (can field seniors and reserves)
St. Johns
Moorabbin
Hampton
Lyndale
Doveton
South Yarra

How about something a little left field. What if they combined Div 4 SFNL with Div 2 OEFNL.

Southern clubs play each other twice and the OEFNL clubs once. Vice versa for the OEFNL clubs.

That way you have a solid 16 week season, only have a long travel 3 times a year and the comp is a strong 12 teams (sth Yarra to thirds perhaps?)

Helps this division guarantee games most weeks in the ressies and gives a hand to the country clubs in that league that are screaming out for some fresh competition. So many new teams to play could be exciting.

You could pad out the season with a couple more games if you like or even have a look at an extended finals series where the top four from each league play a knockout and then the two winners play off at the end. Would keep the finals chances alive for most teams for a lot longer.

Could assess separating the comps again at the end of the year and hopefully Sandown, sth Yarra etc have strengthened to the point where they join and re-establish a stand alone Div 4 with 8 teams that can field ressies.

Not sure about that but they can shake up either Div 3 or 4.. probably to even out the comp. So it can look like (just an example in Div 4)

South Mornington
Dandenong
Masala (can field seniors and reserves)
St. Johns
Moorabbin
Hampton
Lyndale
Doveton
South Yarra
Hampton or south morn are going up this year

10 in each division up the top is ideal as they have 18 game season and play one another twice.
Narre Warren coming into D1 next year opens up a spot for more teams to filter down a grade.
Will 1 club sides eg: Sandown or Heatherhill ever get 2 sides up?
Any other potential new clubs on the horizon? Did hear Spotwood (WRFL) were exploring options too.

10 in each division up the top is ideal as they have 18 game season and play one another twice.
Narre Warren coming into D1 next year opens up a spot for more teams to filter down a grade.
Will 1 club sides eg: Sandown or Heatherhill ever get 2 sides up?
Any other potential new clubs on the horizon? Did hear Spotwood (WRFL) were exploring options too.

I think heatherhill will want too but they are still a couple years away

Who knows what will happen with flow of Clubs in and out of Leagues?- always seems to be teams on
The ones leaving the sfnl are the smart ones. The league is so poorly run in every possible way. The proof is in the
Didn't St John's just sack their coach?
St johns and masala wont come to the southern league, Nor do i blame them. And they would literally be making up numbers. I watched a game between these 2 and they are average at best

The ones leaving the sfnl are the smart ones. The league is so poorly run in every possible way. The proof is in the

St johns and masala wont come to the southern league, Nor do i blame them. And they would literally be making up numbers. I watched a game between these 2 and they are average at best
Couldn’t disagree more, Vafa is a much higher standard, both teams would come in (aside from south Mornington ) beat everyone 100% wrong their. Div 4 Vafa is closer to Div 3 southern, Div 4 southern is terrible literally nuffie as so yeah you got no clue, both teams would do very well especially masala.

Hallam are struggling I wonder if they are regretting there decision to leave would definitely be top 2 if they stayed

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 4 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back