SNFL Div 4 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed in media to be applying to MPNFL...

South Mornington (SFNL)
Cranbourne (SFNL)
Narre Warren (OEFNL)
Pakenham (OEFNL)

Chelsea Heights and Skye were approached and have both confirmed they are not applying to move.

Based on past attempts you would assume South Mornington probably could get in but the others won't - unless there's been a change in thought down the Peninsula.

They've got 22 clubs, would think they need 26 to get to three divisions (10-8-8). Maybe 25 bare minimum.

Confirmed in media to be applying to MPNFL...

South Mornington (SFNL)
Cranbourne (SFNL)
Narre Warren (OEFNL)
Pakenham (OEFNL)

Chelsea Heights and Skye were approached and have both confirmed they are not applying to move.

Based on past attempts you would assume South Mornington probably could get in but the others won't - unless there's been a change in thought down the Peninsula.

They've got 22 clubs, would think they need 26 to get to three divisions (10-8-8). Maybe 25 bare minimum.
My Tip is SM, Dolphins, CPL, Cranny get in

My Tip is SM, Dolphins, CPL, Cranny get in
Yes I did hear the Dolphins are reapplying and will get in this time.
Not sure about CPL 🤷🏼‍♂️?
I agree South Mornington and Cranny will get in this time too, not sure about the Outer East mobs.
Where does this leave Southern D4 if the comp loses 3 teams….Dolphins, SM and maybe Cranny?
Maybe time for Southern D4 to be 1 team clubs ie: no Reserves grade? Under 19s if you can get them? If we think about it you might get Heatherhill, Sandown, South Yarra and Cerebrus all in D4 if it was senior only comp to go with the remaining 3 or so teams that would be left.

Yes I did hear the Dolphins are reapplying and will get in this time.
Not sure about CPL 🤷🏼‍♂️?
I agree South Mornington and Cranny will get in this time too, not sure about the Outer East mobs.
Where does this leave Southern D4 if the comp loses 3 teams….Dolphins, SM and maybe Cranny?
Maybe time for Southern D4 to be 1 team clubs ie: no Reserves grade? Under 19s if you can get them? If we think about it you might get Heatherhill, Sandown, South Yarra and Cerebrus all in D4 if it was senior only comp to go with the remaining 3 or so teams that would be left.
Just drop Div 4, Back to 3 divisions, need the Thirds for struggling clubs and clubs who can field 3 teams

Paky,Narre and Cranny are no chance to join Mpfnl not that I’m totally against it, but there is a lot of bad blood between some existing MPFNL and old sefnl clubs and few administrators still connected to some clubs have long memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SM to roll the arm over this week for another 160+ point demolition.

If Dandenong knock over Hampton this week will make for an interesting finish to ladder positions.

Kangaroos by a few over Lyndale.
It wasn't a 160+ win for south mornington today it was a 134 point win for them. After the game south mornington walked past the Eagles and clapped and congratulated them on a great game they played. Last game Eagles played them they lost by 124 points and that was with the players that left so not much difference.

It wasn't a 160+ win for south mornington today it was a 134 point win for them. After the game south mornington walked past the Eagles and clapped and congratulated them on a great game they played. Last game Eagles played them they lost by 124 points and that was with the players that left so not much difference.
The Eagles had about 6-7 guys double up and play two games. A great effort they could have easily just forfieted the twos but didn’t. We at South have been there before and appreciate how hard it is being in the position they are in so credit to the Doveton boys

The Eagles had about 6-7 guys double up and play two games. A great effort they could have easily just forfieted the twos but didn’t. We at South have been there before and appreciate how hard it is being in the position they are in so credit to the Doveton boys

Well said Bob- without two teams fronting up you don’t get a game. Takes character to turn up when you know you are short. Footy at community level should be about making sure as many blokes as possible get to have a game— win or lose- and have a beer afterwards. Kudos to Doveton and every team like them that makes the effort to have blokes doubling up to give both their own, and the opposition, a run!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lyndale to me just keep going backwards and backwards, bragged at the start of the year of all their signings and they’re honestly terrible. They must have the numbers with the 3 sides but they couldn’t buy a win. Need to go back to the drawing board and figure out what’s going wrong, just not good enough.

SM to roll the arm over this week for another 160+ point demolition.

If Dandenong knock over Hampton this week will make for an interesting finish to ladder positions.

Kangaroos by a few over Lyndale.

Looks like the top 4 might have a shake up with Dandenong knocking of Hampton.

2nd spot and a double chance wide open now. Hampton a few out or Dandenong too good?

So with the likely hood of no Div 4 next season what do sides like lyndale do. Clearly good numbers but going to be even further away from finals if having to play the likes of ashwood, Lyndhurst, heatherton. Looking like it’s going to be very lopsided next season . Could be a clear top 4/5 and a big gap .

So with the likely hood of no Div 4 next season what do sides like lyndale do. Clearly good numbers but going to be even further away from finals if having to play the likes of ashwood, Lyndhurst, heatherton. Looking like it’s going to be very lopsided next season . Could be a clear top 4/5 and a big gap .
For sure.
Clubs like Lyndale or Doveton having to play strong Divvy 3 sides won’t do any good for either teams.

Could there be a situation after each team plays each-other once in Division 3, it’s broken up into 2 divisions where each team will then play the opposition home and away? 1-5th break away and 6-10th?

For sure.
Clubs like Lyndale or Doveton having to play strong Divvy 3 sides won’t do any good for either teams.

Could there be a situation after each team plays each-other once in Division 3, it’s broken up into 2 divisions where each team will then play the opposition home and away? 1-5th break away and 6-10th?
This idea sounds good, however, would 6th be able to play finals only playing the bottom teams? Or would it be top 5 just playing until the finals? There wouldn't be any point trying after everyone has played once.

Hampton looked the better side and are the better side. Just a bad day at the office watch them against the tigers this week
Looks like the top 4 might have a shake up with Dandenong knocking off Hampton.

2nd spot and a double chance wide open now. Hampton a few out or Dandenong too good?

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 4 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back