Autopsy Snow bunnies beat the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

It really was a game of missed opportunities. We dominated for large periods but just couldn't translate it into scoreboard pressure - I think in the second quarter we kicked 0.6 to their 3.1 despite having the ascendancy. Credit to Melbourne who took their chances much better than we did.

But man. Constantly bombing it long. Missed kicks and handballs gifting easy goals. Missing the goals yet again. Though he was our best forward I'm going to be waking up in a cold sweat seeing that Gunston miss in my dreams. Was the turning point.

Great idea to play Nash after a worst on ground effort last week. He was useless again.

Hopefully that was the last game Duryea plays for this club. The decision to play him instead of Miles was a disaster.
Correct on both points. A bad few weeks for match committee , players and coach’s.

On goal kicking... exactly what more can a coaching staff do other then have them taking set shots at training? This comes down to players not executing. All teams have times where they fail to take chances in front of goal, unfortunately for us ours came at key times tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really was a game of missed opportunities. We dominated for large periods but just couldn't translate it into scoreboard pressure - I think in the second quarter we kicked 0.6 to their 3.1 despite having the ascendancy. Credit to Melbourne who took their chances much better than we did.

But man. Constantly bombing it long. Missed kicks and handballs gifting easy goals. Missing the goals yet again. Though he was our best forward I'm going to be waking up in a cold sweat seeing that Gunston miss in my dreams. Was the turning point.
Bingo
To lose this after so many inside 50’s.

Great season considering stage we are at. The hunger is there, now for some more midfield help and touch more polish.

On goal kicking... exactly what more can a coaching staff do other then have them taking set shots at training? This comes down to players not executing. All teams have times where they fail to take chances in front of goal, unfortunately for us ours came at key times tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - Stop the banana crap.
2 - Goalkicking has been ordinary for some time, even when we do drop punt.
3 - stop the bombing it in.

Melbourne played like Richmond tonight. That style of play will catch us out unless we nail our chances. Melbourne deserved to win.

TIme to tweak that “system” Clarko.

Yep. It's not as though we didn't know what Melbourne would bring to the table tonight. I was thinking we could handle it, I was wrong. There will be some serious head scratching over the next few weeks to determine where we go from here.

Our lead up to the finals wasn't all that exciting either. A loss to Brisbane (second for the year), 11 point win over Geelong and let's face it, who can't beat them? A 2 point win over St.Kilda, WTF???!!! and a 9 point win over a buddy-free Sydney (and everyone beats them in Sydney). Wins, but we really didn't hit the finals with any momentum whatsoever.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a weird game we controlled the football and lost.

Just didn’t have the class or accuracy in front of goal and Melbourne are a very tough and fast side obviously capitalized on our mistakes.

We need another mid-fielder and need to do something about our forward line looked impotent

Ok we did as well as we could and other teams underachieved.

We will get a tougher draw next year.

No guarantees we make it back next year.
Of course there’s no guarantees, but bloody hell we just gave the Top 4 a shake after finishing 12th and adding Impey and now you’re writing us off for finals already??

Bradkli and HODGEYROAD will love your angle.

Proud of the season we've had. Not proud of the way we lost tonight. Those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. A frustrating end to a great year.

Interested to see how we turn over the list because there are some holes there.

Yeah, this one
OLIVER%20Clayton.png
Yep, thats precisely who I was thinking.

James Sicily was shown up two weeks in a row with the heat of finals on. Pretender defender in one-on-one situations. Pulled out when he needed to crash a pack and looked very soft.

I hope he learns from these two games as he’s happy to chirp and roll off to intercept mark, but he burnt team-mates in good positions so he could swing onto his right boot and slam it down the opposition’s throat.

Time to grow up James.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Snow bunnies beat the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back