So who do we draft thanks to 10 & 16?

Remove this Banner Ad

Still a chance we ciuld use pick 16 in a trade....

but i would love to get Cunnington/Stevens/Tapscott at 10 and Rohan/Melksham/Taylor at 16

Pretty much. It makes me look intelligent.

I did a phantom draft::footy:

1. Tom Scully
2. Jack Trengove
3. Dustin Martin
4. John Butcher
5. Gary Rohan
6. Daniel Talia
7. Anthony Morabito
8. Matthew Panos
9. Ben Cunnington
10. Kane Lucas
11. Luke Tapscott
12. Allen Christensen
13. Jake Melksham
14. Nathan Vardy
15. Koby Stevens
16. Jake Carlisle
17. Jack Fitzpatrick

Do I win HUNDREDS of imaginary rep?

my realistic wish list is.......

tapscott- body like dane swan an if he an develope a engine will be a gun on baller takes a good contested mark can rack up posis and kick multiple goals week in week out. has a huge kick with good accuracy and already a big boy and is ready for afl now.

Cunnington- loved watching him at the dome and now just looing at his videos he is a gun. dosnt always use the ball well but he always gets the ball and refuses to be beaten. another boy with a big body and is ready to go already. loves contact and will stick his neck would add some good grunt.

Stevens- I really like this guy he will ram into the contest with out any fear reminds me a bit of joel selwood. he needs just 2 preaseasons and he will be a monster. would be a great additon but dosnt have a massive kick but has good smarts knows where to go on the ground, but does use the ball well.

Christensen- This guy will be a gun in a few years time. will be someone who wont make an impact straight away. will be able to play as a crumbing forward for a couple of years then once he bulks up and gets an engine will be like a little gazza ablett imo.

Gysberts- I love this guy he has great efficiency and uses the ball so well. not a big boy but always calm and effective he will never be amazing but always be really good. would be one to pick up with our pick 16.

Bastinac- i really like this guy 'hutchys boy' will be somebody but would only use our 2nd rounder for him. would be happy if we can get him. smart player great leadershp skills and good kick. would look good in red and black

thats me anyway

1. Tom Scully
2. Jack Trengove
3. Dustin Martin
4. John Butcher
5. Gary Rohan
6. Daniel Talia
7. Anthony Morabito
8. Matthew Panos
9. Ben Cunnington
10. Kane Lucas
11. Luke Tapscott
12. Allen Christensen
13. Jake Melksham
14. Nathan Vardy
15. Koby Stevens
16. Jake Carlisle
17. Jack Fitzpatrick

You not only get hundreds of imaginary rep, you win the interwebz

I really hope we trade one of these picks for a experienced player this week. I mean, we just lost 628 games of experience in Lovett, Lucas and Lloyd. Surely need to balance our team for next season.

You know it makes sense. I'm the Angry Bomber.

Big deal. Lucas was gone, Llyod may have offered something or just as possible - nothing, as for Lovett - not exactly the type of bloke who you want mentoring the youngsters in the team.

This preoccupation people have with experienced players is nonsense.

We've got enough players now in the mid to high twenty bracket to add experience for the meantime whilst we develop the younger members for a tilt at the flag in 3 years time.

There's no point picking up players who are past their best come our window at a Premiership.

images

1. Tom Scully
2. Jack Trengove
3. Dustin Martin
4. John Butcher
5. Gary Rohan
6. Daniel Talia
7. Anthony Morabito
8. Matthew Panos
9. Ben Cunnington
10. Kane Lucas
11. Luke Tapscott
12. Allen Christensen
13. Jake Melksham
14. Nathan Vardy
15. Koby Stevens
16. Jake Carlisle
17. Jack Fitzpatrick

If Kane Lucas is available at 10, we'll be doing cartwheels..he won't. Will go at pick 7 to WCE. Zero chance Morabito will fall to 7, I'd be amazed if he falls lower than 5!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as i would preffer another player than jetta, i gotta admit, the kid has speed and that he would work well with our speedy style of play and atleast help recover the loss of lovetts speed.

That is what they said about Leroy...I would MUCH rather go for the genuine midfield option! Jetta is good, but is he REALLY "pick 16 good"? I have my doubts.

You're very wishful hoping for Lucas at pick 10 - I have him in my top 3 players! I'd be extremely happy to land him - only chance would be trading picks 16+26 for a top 6 pick but then could still miss.

There's no way Melksham will last until pick 26 IMO - he's definitely a first rounder and could go top ten.

Lucas is an interesting proposition.

The WA watchers rate Lucas on a par with Morabito.

There is a chance that Lucas will be available if the WC bypass him at Pick 7.

The club will jump on Aaron Black if he is available at Pick 26 - but he will probably go in the first round.

It's not our draft choices I have a problem with.. but its a shallow draft.. we can't expect the same quality as last year..

Says who?

Even if it is, it's going to be a hell of a lot shallower in coming years.

lets trade for at least one mature aged player

Give me one good reason why other than we just lost some experienced players?

and then use the rest of our picks and hope for the best..

<insert facepalm>

Do we have pick #42 ... is that right? #42 and Nash for anything between #20-#25 and come 1:30pm on Friday anything #25-#30.

That would be unbelievably good.

Big deal. Lucas was gone, Llyod may have offered something or just as possible - nothing, as for Lovett - not exactly the type of bloke who you want mentoring the youngsters in the team.

This preoccupation people have with experienced players is nonsense.

We've got enough players now in the mid to high twenty bracket to add experience for the meantime whilst we develop the younger members for a tilt at the flag in 3 years time.

There's no point picking up players who are past their best come our window at a Premiership.

Absolutely spot on as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't have put it much better. :thumbsu:

I agree! No Burgoyne!!! :thumbsdown:

We now have the potential to secure a quality midfield for 10 years, I'm willing to take the risk considering our recent draft choices of finding said midfielders! :thumbsu:

Yeah, I'm over Burgoyne. We are no in a godd draft position and i don't want to give it up.

Stevens, Jetta, Duncan and Melskham? Combination of those. I'm a bit hesitant over Jetta though as he seems the type of guy that would get homesick.

Pick 10 - Ben Cunnington
Pick 16 - Jake Melksham
Pick 26 - Jesse Crichton

If this is how it goes down I'd be ecstatic

Pick 10 - Ben Cunnington
Pick 16 - Jake Melksham
Pick 26 - Jesse Crichton

If this is how it goes down I'd be ecstatic

not sure that we'd use all three on mids. cunnington at #10 would be as good as it gets, but i think he'll be long gone. his stocks are rising.

if the eagles go for jetta at 7, lucas or tapscott might be available at 10.

i think we might see:

#10 melksham
#16 christensen
# 26 ?

LOL! Lucas will not be available at 10, he is top 5-6.
Cunnington is top 7 but we could get lucky.

Stevens or Tapscott are realistic at 10. (want Tapscott he is a gun)
Bastinac, or Melksham at 16.
Ah Chee or Crichton at 26 imo.

I hope we take Lewis Jetta at 16 (if available). He is a different player to Leroy as he is more of a smooth mover with kicking skills. Reminds me very much of Lovett, only he is 6-7 years younger! He could elso help to get the best out of Leroy.. Otherwise Travis Colyer.

One of Lucas or Tapscott should be available at 10 so we should take one of them.

Any chance of Troy Taylor sliding until 26 otherwise Jesse Crichton?

Myles Sewell & Majak Daw with our later picks?

LOL! Lucas will not be available at 10, he is top 5-6.
Cunnington is top 7 but we could get lucky.

Exactly. People forget we have pick 10. If Lucas was to drop, why wouldn't the Hawks pick him up?

Cunnington is out best shot at a guy who could drop a couple places to us. But even then I don't see how Hawthorn wont grab him if they could.

Exactly. People forget we have pick 10. If Lucas was to drop, why wouldn't the Hawks pick him up?

Cunnington is out best shot at a guy who could drop a couple places to us. But even then I don't see how Hawthorn wont grab him if they could.

Hawks won't have pick 9..Burgoyne deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

So who do we draft thanks to 10 & 16?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back