Song Contest Part VII, Host: Sepp Blatter, Theme: Ashes, Noms Due: Sunday 7:00pm ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're the king of declaring things overrated, nothing in history has been more overrated than the Harry Potter series. Read a real book.
View attachment 431686

It is a real book but they’re kids books, I grew up with HP.

The last two books aren’t really kids books tho.

Last edited:
**** yeah. Saw it in cinemas, it was amazing. Held back tears through most of it.
Yeah, it's a beauty. I liked the way they focused a lot on his work in Crime and City Solution and These Immortal Souls as opposed to just The Birthday Party.

Yeah, it's a beauty. I liked the way they focused a lot on his work in Crime and City Solution and These Immortal Souls as opposed to just The Birthday Party.
Yeah, which at the time I didn't know as well. I'd been put onto his solo work, which I think is his best, but that really opened up a lot of other stuff for me.

It is a real book but they’re kids books, I grew up with HP.

The last two books aren’t really kids books tho.
She isn't a good writer. She's barely better than Bob Dylan. Read a real author, not some genre bullshit fantasy wankfest.

Yeah, which at the time I didn't know as well. I'd been put onto his solo work, which I think is his best, but that really opened up a lot of other stuff for me.

She isn't a good writer. She's barely better than Bob Dylan. Read a real author, not some genre bullshit fantasy wankfest.

You’re an English teacher, the only real authors in your mind are Shakesphere and Ernest Hemingway

:p

You’re an English teacher, the only real authors in your mind are Shakesphere and Ernest Hemingway

:p
Shakespeare, overrated.

Hemingway is the best, underrated in Australia. There are many authors that I like, but so many over infantalised morons think JK Rowling's spittle is the glory of glories. Just **** off and die, she is not a good author, she's Dan Brown level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shakespeare, overrated.

Hemingway is the best, underrated in Australia. There are many authors that I like, but so many over infantalised morons think JK Rowling's spittle is the glory of glories. Just **** off and die, she is not a good author, she's Dan Brown level.

Hemingway a narcissistic wank.

So is Faulkner.
Massively. Strange how these authors have a huge impact in the US, but don't have the same affect here when Fitzgerald, a peer of theirs whose overall body is significantly worse, is lauded globally.
Hemingway a narcissistic wank.
Do you ever tire of being wrong?

Massively. Strange how these authors have a huge impact in the US, but don't have the same affect here when Fitzgerald, a peer of theirs whose overall body is significantly worse, is lauded globally.
It's strange as well, because I would have thought that Hemingway would be much more relatable and enjoyable to read for most Australians. In fact much more so than Fitzgerald.

Do you ever tire of being an opinionated ****wit?

It's strange as well, because I would have thought that Hemingway would be much more relatable and enjoyable to read for most Australians. In fact much more so than Fitzgerald.
You'd think so. I think it's the aspirational quality of Gatsby and the fact that so many readers miss the point, including that ****stick Baz Lurhmann, who completely ruined the novel in his shithouse movie. It's about the ultimate shallowness of the desperate search for success, yet everybody wants to dress up like a flapper and dance like a moron. **** me dead.

It’s right though.

P.s narcissistic doesn’t mean bad author but his love fest for himself is obvious in his writing. If marrying yourself was legal, he would have done it.

Hemingway’s style isn’t for everyone, I could never get into it.

It’s right though.

P.s narcissistic doesn’t mean bad author but his love fest for himself is obvious in his writing. If marrying yourself was legal, he would have done it.

Hemingway’s style isn’t for everyone, I could never get into it.
I'm aware of what narcissism is, and I would describe Fitzgerald and Faulkner as narcissistic while both being good, moreso in Faulkner's case. Hemingway was simply passionate about writing, he loved it, he wanted to shred it to it's bare bones. It isn't narcissism it's passion.

You'd think so. I think it's the aspirational quality of Gatsby and the fact that so many readers miss the point, including that ****stick Baz Lurhmann, who completely ruined the novel in his shithouse movie. It's about the ultimate shallowness of the desperate search for success, yet everybody wants to dress up like a flapper and dance like a moron. **** me dead.
Haha, I haven't seen the movie, but the point is clearly missed by many and kind of seen as a flamboyant and celebratory book of positivity.

Haha, I haven't seen the movie, but the point is clearly missed by many and kind of seen as a flamboyant and celebratory book of positivity.
I was going to go into more detail about why the movie is shit, but it was popular so I didn't want to be accused of being an elitist again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back