Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleased that the SC group enjoys Wonderful Life, despite it whore-ish. Black's voice is unique, and suited the theme of the track. Such a catchy tune.

5: Patterns In The Ivy II - Eargasmic. Hauntingly poetic. Brilliant!
4: Too Many Times - Mentals - Aussie classic pub rock. Right up my alley. Take note, bote whores.
3: Blood Cries From The Angel's Eyes - New to me, need to hear more of this.
2: She's Like The Wind - Pure nostalgia. Hits me in the feels. Reminds me of carefree times with young love.
1: Stealing Cake To Eat The Moon - Also new. Can't wait to listen to more.

HM: Megadeth (All the best Dave!), Vanishing Twin, The Radio Dept, Wicked Game, 2Cellos

BM: Charly Bliss - Ruby - Overall not terrible. Just too "samey". Boring, even. In this strong playlist, it was the worst. Coldplay was much better. Good remix.
the Moffs only ever released a handful of singles, a self-titled EP and one album (Labyrinth)
Their early singles and EP tracks were released on a compilation titled "Entomology"

This "young person's guide" playlist has all the songs you need to hear

"Another Day In The Sun" is a stone cold classic - one of my favourite songs of all time (play it loud!)

"Look To Find" is a sweet melancholic tune - sounds like something The Church might've recorded, but better

So many good tunes from so few recordings: Clarodomineaux, Quakers Drum, A Million Years Past, The Traveller, Touch the Ground, Tapestry, I Am Surprised, Desert Sun, Stealing Cake, Who'll Point You...

The thing I like most about them is the killer instrumental breaks they chuck into many of their songs - some amazing proggy sections that come out of nowhere and some beautifully melodic outros

Last edited:
15th, Road To Rouen - Supergrass, Round 394: Drum Intros, Elton Johns Wig, 14 votes, 0 Billies

14th, Bright As Yellow - The Innocence Mission, Round 232: Footy Colours, NaturalDisaster, 15 votes, 0 Billies

13th, Heart Full Of Soul - The Yardbirds, Round 195: Songs with "heart" in the title, William Wonka, 16 votes, 0 Billies

11th, Hallelujah - 2CELLOS, Round 218: Strings, dogs105, 19 votes, 0 Billies
11th, Heaven's On Fire - The Radio Department, Round 193: Life and death, SSwans2011, 19 votes, 0 Billies

It really shouldn't have taken this long for Radio Dept to be nominated

5th, Wonderful Life - Black, Round 80: Passed Away April 2015-March 2016, Raveneyes, 23 votes, 0 Billies

4th, Wicked Game - London Grammar, Round 70: Genre Bending Covers, Jazny, 26 votes, 1 Billy

3rd, The Only Moment We Were Alone - Explosions In The Sky, Round 251: Elevation, BRAB, 26 votes, 0 Billies

Sorry Back One Out thought Black washours

You're not getting close to 30 noms if it's one nom per element...
Okay fine. I will allow double ups to make it more inclusive.

Makes it easier I suppose to determine which songs are in and not as I just have to look at podiums now.

So far I have only rejected one nom so I’ll give that person the chance to have their first option.

If anyone would like to change go ahead.

the Moffs only ever released a handful of singles, a self-titled EP and one album (Labyrinth)
Their early singles and EP tracks were released on a compilation titled "Entomology"

This "young person's guide" playlist has all the songs you need to hear

"Another Day In The Sun" is a stone cold classic - one of my favourite songs of all time (play it loud!)

"Look To Find" is a sweet melancholic tune - sounds like something The Church might've recorded, but better

So many good tunes from so few recordings: Clarodomineaux, Quakers Drum, A Million Years Past, The Traveller, Touch the Ground, Tapestry, I Am Surprised, Desert Sun, Stealing Cake, Who'll Point You...

The thing I like most about them is the killer instrumental breaks they chuck into many of their songs - some amazing proggy sections that come out of nowhere and some beautifully melodic outros

You had me at prog. :hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay fine. I will allow double ups to make it more inclusive.

Makes it easier I suppose to determine which songs are in and not as I just have to look at podiums now.

So far I have only rejected one nom so I’ll give that person the chance to have their first option.

If anyone would like to change go ahead.
I think that there are more than enough elements available to not allow double ups.

I think that there are more than enough elements available to not allow double ups.
yes there are - I counted 40 not including ones like Lead, etc

But damned if you do and damned if you don't so I'll do and be damned.

:)

Happy nomming everyone

I thought the same thing about Opeth
As a massive fan of prog/metal I've been meaning to check out Opeth for ages - after hearing that song I immediately downloaded their first album and fell in love with them.

5. Nazz - Open My Eyes _ SM
4. Charly Bliss - Ruby _ NinjaSwan
3. Explosions in the Sky - The Only Moment We Were Alone _ BRAB
2. The Moffs - Stealing Cake To Eat The Moon _ Back One Out
1. London Grammar - Wicked Game _ Jazny

HM: Chaiyya Chaiyya - Dil Se
Kallidad - Blood Cries From The Angel's Eyes
Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind

Billy: Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake _ raskolnikov

Nearly lunchtime and no nom acceptance. Why am I not surprised...
Sorry, I've been slack this morning due to bering on work computer so the spreadsheet AND youtube videos are bvoth blocked - only been accepting noms that have the song title written in the post. Should be done now. Shout out anyone who isn't.

Sorry, I've been slack this morning due to bering on work computer so the spreadsheet AND youtube videos are bvoth blocked - only been accepting noms that have the song title written in the post. Should be done now. Shout out anyone who isn't.
I was just yankin ya John Thomas.

It really shouldn't have taken this long for Radio Dept to be nominated
Was genuinely really surprised they hadn't been nommed. I was actually quite surprised that song hadn't been nommed st all, let alone the band in general.

I've gotta be honest, at the moment I am just accepting noms that are unique because it's a logistical nightmare to search the spreadsheet (or even the thread) for previous podiums.

I will check them all against podiums when I get home tonight and have access to a computer. There's been a handful I wasn't sure about but haven't podiumed so it's all good.

If I get time during the day I'll do it then too.

Previous podiums are allowed but will be discouraged by me because I know what you mob are like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back