Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s not always an easy thing to do even if you’ve studied music

I studied music when I was younger and still have no clue about what songs are in different time signatures other than they usually have an odd rhythm.

The rhythm your body feels when you are dancing is the beat. So you just count along with those pulses and stop when it repeats... usually on a strong beat. If you cant dance, just close your eyes and listen to the music and pretend you are conducting and count your repeating hand waves :) Your body knows how to move with the beat naturally.

The rhythm your body feels when you are dancing is the beat. So you just count along with those pulses and stop when it repeats... usually on a strong beat. If you cant dance, just close your eyes and listen to the music and pretend you are conducting and count your repeating hand waves :) Your body knows how to move with the beat naturally.

zelda-ii-i-am-error.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to learn an instrument to actually understand it properly, you’ll never really get it just reading those.
I played clarinet for years. played all types.
Never understood how to pick it by ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back