Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't think you two wouldn't understand real music. Disappointing.

I give you more votes than billies but I just didn't like that cover.

Finally found a decent song to nom that hasn't been nommed before, still waiting for it to be given the all clear by the host.

There doesn't seem to be that many bands around that produce songs that aren't in 4/4 time, wouldn't be surprised if there's a few double ups.

Almost all popular music is 4/4.
Finally found a decent song to nom that hasn't been nommed before, still waiting for it to be given the all clear by the host.

There doesn't seem to be that many bands around that produce songs that aren't in 4/4 time, wouldn't be surprised if there's a few double ups.
Almost all pop music is 4/4, its mostly progressive music, jazz, and classical music that use other time signatures.

Almost all popular music is 4/4.

Almost all pop music is 4/4, its mostly progressive music, jazz, and classical music that use other time signatures.
Yeah a lot of the tradish rock and pop are 4/4. Like Jazny said, I find a lot of it in progressive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just listened to SSwans2011 nom again and think he's taking the piss.

It sounded like it was sung by Jason Segal as part of his Dracula musical in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

It sounded like it was sung by Jason Segal as part of his Dracula musical in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
Kirin often takes the piss.

I liked it for what it was. If it was un-ironic it wouldn't have the appeal IMHO.

There are like 100000000000000000000000000 ballads or slow-burns in 6/8.

Sounds like you don't get the genius that is Kirin J Callinan. One of the most passionate vocalists in the world right now. Every cover on his new album is infinitely better than the original.

It's almost like a generational meme this tine signature thing. I remember being in primary school before the Y2k thing in 1999 and us kids laughing that all the old people not understanding how to use computers (I still haven't learnt) and there was a comic saying "put man on the moon.....can't understand a video player" kind of joke.

These days (and I'm being very general) with the youth it's more "has thousands of songs in the pocket....can't hear time signatures" kind of shitty meme one would understand.

IADB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back