Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go one further. I hope Dickie wins a round and decides to "have a couple" on the night he reveals the results.
In order to win and also host, he would need to be around on the evening of the submissions, and to vote/host. A 4 day bender may be too much even for our Dick. Best case scenario would be about "tipsy" on pure luck of submission time/release time, then somehow "listen" to the playlist and vote (all whilst posting Silver Jews/IDLES/Rory Gallagher/The Beautiful South/any other band that didn't fit the theme) and strike gold with a win.

I'm shocked. REO Speedwagon have never been nommed before. :O
I would have said that there's hope for us all then...until I saw that they'd been nommed twice in this round.

Splitting the Billy vote.

In order to win and also host, he would need to be around on the evening of the submissions, and to vote/host. A 4 day bender may be too much even for our Dick. Best case scenario would be about "tipsy" on pure luck of submission time/release time, then somehow "listen" to the playlist and vote (all whilst posting Silver Jews/IDLES/Rory Gallagher/The Beautiful South/any other band that didn't fit the theme) and strike gold with a win.
Alternatively, we could have a Dick Spam themed round. Not only does everyone have to choose from Dick's catalogue of early morning toe tappers, but each song must be accompanied by a stream of consciousness style musing, while quoting a completely unrelated post.*

*if Dick enters the round named in his honour, he automatically wins.

Last edited:
*if Dick enters the round named in his honour, he automatically wins.
He would no doubt neglect to vote though lol.

As for the Dick spam round, of course there is plenty to choose from in the SC threads. But, the true Dick disciples know that his best spamming material is reserved for the lesser obvious threads, like "Gold Coast Training Updates", "Shaun Burgoyne Retires?", "John Longmire Re-signs With Sydney", or even the political threads. That's when it's getting to that eery morning light and he knows he's had a truly triumphant night of spam and wondering why he can't feel his face anymore. No doubt a ban or suspension is followed that he won't even know about until it's over.

He would no doubt neglect to vote though lol.

As for the Dick spam round, of course there is plenty to choose from in the SC threads. But, the true Dick disciples know that his best spamming material is reserved for the lesser obvious threads, like "Gold Coast Training Updates", "Shaun Burgoyne Retires?", "John Longmire Re-signs With Sydney", or even the political threads. That's when it's getting to that eery morning light and he knows he's had a truly triumphant night of spam and wondering why he can't feel his face anymore. No doubt a ban or suspension is followed that he won't even know about until it's over.
Awe-inspiring.

I like to think Dick would have nommed Black Flag this round. But not one with Henry Rollins, he'd choose an instrumental song instead.
Classic Dick.

Just check out Sportsbet at the beginning of the season and pick the first person.

No joke, this was the odds on DAY ONE of Survivor... this is why we need live finales:
View attachment 748292

#moneylaundering

Found that on Twitter btw haha
Thanks porps. At least someone around here is useful.

Only trying to help Yoshi.

In the Tigers punting thread I even gave the vote score. I had the 100% inside word. Made a killing tonight. Been getting on to Shane for weeks.

Tequilas all round, my shout!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You probably don't wait until after the show has finished to ask.
Yeah but I can find out now in preparation for missing out on a huge haul again next time.

Just check out Sportsbet at the beginning of the season and pick the first person.

No joke, this was the odds on DAY ONE of Survivor... this is why we need live finales:
View attachment 748292

#moneylaundering

Found that on Twitter btw haha
Once Luke and Harry got knocked out, I completely switched off. Pia and Baden are garbage sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back