Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

This would be in my top 10 songs ….. of all time!!!
Wasn’t a box office success when I nommed it tho

spudmaster It is named 'I've Seen That Movie Before' on the spreadsheet. Also only one M in Jimi Hendrix and s on the end of Friends of Mine; Procol Harum; Jimmy Sharman's Boxers

Last edited:
Wow what was wrong with that, nommed before? I think I was lucky with mine :oops:
I know! But Fridgey said no previous noms. I'd thought podiums. So fair enough.
I argued it was pre round 400 and didn't podium, but no luck😄

My top 15 most surprising SC results

Ratings out of 10:
3 WTF
2 Surely you can’t be serious
1 Aww geez

15 New Horizons - The Moody Blues 4 votes /22nd position = my rating of result: 3 Not much love for this beautiful song boo
14 Your Move - Yes 6/21=3 My intro to one of my fave groups and quite a big hit
13 Soul Sacrifice - Santana 7/20=3 Blinder of a performance
12 The Balance - The Moody Blues 6/19=3 Great lyrics, close to my fave song
9 Question - The Moody Blues 8/20=3 my true introduction to their greatness
10 Friends of Mine - Kevin Johnson 6/18=3 Love this as it sums up my relationship with music
9 Let’s Make It Last All Night - Jimmy Barnes 4/25=3 emotional and a belter. Could wreck my voice trying to sing along to this
8 Close to the Edge - Yes 14/13=3 Widely recognised as a masterpiece
7 (You’re Such a) Fabulous Dancer - Wha - Koo 1/28=2 Sweet song and only scraped up one vote. Nobody with daughters doing ballet out there?
6 Armenia City in the Sky - The Who 6/24=2 Imaginative lyrics and great music
5 Alice Cooper - Wish You Were Here 1/21=2
4 Ben Howard - Promise 0/25=2 Was impressed with this the first time I heard it on the end of an episode of House
3 I Don’t Live Today - Jimi Hendrix 2/19=2 [probs greatest rock guitarist ever]
2 I’ve Seen That Movie Too - Elton 2/26=1 Close to my fave song, brill lyrics and music including the backward guitar solo
1 I’m Free - The Who 0/28=1 Amazed that my fave song on one of my fave albums didn't get a single vote. Inspiring lyrics

Last edited:
Hi JHF1870.

What was your old BF name?
You should be able to see it in the profile subheading. I had a break for a while. I ****ing love music and surprised noone ever invited me.

I like a lot of Rodney Dangerfields songs IIRC

Ocha905 goodluck guessing my nom friend.

That's not something you see every day. A North fan welcoming a Jason Horne Francis fan.
I put the SC family/cult ahead of any footy allegiances :)

(I'm also in the significant minority that doesn't hate JHF but don't tell my North brethren)

spudmaster It is named 'I've Seen That Movie Before' :whitecheck: on the spreadsheet. Also only one M in Jimi Hendrix :whitecheck: and s on the end of Friends of Mine :whitecheck:; Procol Harum; :whitecheck: Jimmy Sharman's Boxers :whitecheck:
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

edit: all fixed Foss :thumbsu:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belinda Carlisle at the Palais Theater tonight 🥳 Almost 12 months on from when she was scheduled to perform, but better late than never!
Hoping for some billybait nom inspiration from her tonight [and hoping her voice has held up over the years...always a risk]

1726817860569.gif

Belinda Carlisle at the Palais Theater tonight 🥳 Almost 12 months on from when she was scheduled to perform, but better late than never!
Hoping for some billybait nom inspiration from her tonight [and hoping her voice has held up over the years...always a risk]

View attachment 2115809

40bed48f-40c8-43e7-a3a2-52806568ddbd_text.gif

Also lucky for you the Hawks didn't win last week as you would have missed watching them tonight or missed watching Belinda

40bed48f-40c8-43e7-a3a2-52806568ddbd_text.gif

Also lucky for you the Hawks didn't win last week as you would have missed watching them tonight or missed watching Belinda
She was great :love: No issues with an ageing voice either thank goodness. Would've preferred the Palms at Crown as it was initially scheduled for, but nothing wrong with the Palais Theater.

And funny you should mention the potential clash had we progressed - had a lovely kind mate and her hubby that were going to tonight's concert on standby willing to do a switch-a-roo had the Hawks been playing. I teed them up as soon as I realised we were on the Friday night side of the draw :grinv1: Obviously not an issue in the end but handy to have contingency plans!

Did she sing this song?

That's my favourite Belinda Carlisle song, I would have started a riot if she didn't sing that song.

Agreed wholeheartedly mate - favourite here also. And she sure did - had her three 'bigger' hits of Summer Rain, Leave a light on, and Heaven is a place on earth together towards the end. Finished on Live your life be free. A few in there that I didn't recognise but picked a couple of Go-Go's songs in there too which I wasn't sure she'd include.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back