South Africa vs England 2009/10 , 2 T20Is, 5 ODI's, 4 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

May 26, 2006
Hampshire, UK
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey & Broadshire.
England return to South Africa after 4 and a half years as Ashes holders, back to the place where Kevin Pietersen launched himself onto the international scene. England won the series early in 2005 but this South Africa is a different beast, beating England in England just last summer. This time round South Africa are one of the world's best sides but can still be inconsistent on any given day but are heavily favoured to take the ODI and Test series.

The Tour starts in earnet with 2 T20I's over this weekend at Johannesburg and Centurion although wet weather threatens. England were humbled in their most recent warm up match being bowled out for just 89 and South Africa are fresh off an easy series win vs Zimbabwe.

Next Friday, 20th November, the One Day Internationals get under way with 5 games in 2 weeeks at Johannesburg (20th), Centurion (22nd), Cape Town (27th), Port Elizabeth (29th Nov) and Durban (4th Dec)

England go on to play 2 day warm ups before the Test Series begins at Centurion from the 16th-20th December before going onto the other Boxing Day Test at Durban from 26-30th December. The third test starts at Cape Town on January 3rd till 7th and the final test is back at the Wanderers in Johannesburg from 14th-28 January.

England's ODI touring party includes Saj Mahmood, back in the England setup but thankfully leaves the country before the tests. South Africa have a settled team really and the same old names should be out there when the series starts.

England is simply too good for SA in limited overs atm. Another nail in the coffin. Morgan and Trott doing a lot of damage. Steyn is becoming a pie chucker in these types of contests. Muppet didn't bat quickly enough, ditto AB and Albie.

South Africa go to 0/146 after 11.2 overs a record first wicket stand in twenty20 cricket.

And the crowd doesn't even seem enthused.

You can only see so much slogging before it starts to get boring.

South Africa go to 0/133 after 10.2 overs a record first wicket stand in twenty20 cricket.

And the crowd doesn't even seem enthused.

You can only see so much slogging before it starts to get boring.
Maybe they have forgotten to collectively turn off their brains?

You can't watch 20/20 cricket while thoughts are still present in your head. :D

England is simply too good for SA in limited overs atm. Another nail in the coffin. Morgan and Trott doing a lot of damage. Steyn is becoming a pie chucker in these types of contests. Muppet didn't bat quickly enough, ditto AB and Albie.
If by "muppet" you mean Smith and not Pietersen, I would hope that his current score of 86 off 41 balls is sufficiently quick enough for you. :p

South Africa ended up putting 6-241 on the board.

Bosman scored 94 off 45
Smith 88 off 44.

Mahmood went for 15 runs an over (bowled all 4).
Rashid bowled 1 over for 25 runs.

England currently need 93 runs from 1 over, with 3 wickets in hand.

Make that England finish their innings on 8-157.

Trott made 51 off 40.

A comprehensive belting.

South Africa's opening partnership of 170 off 81 balls was enough to beat England on it's own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didnt see much of Bosman before, jeez he cracked it big time last night.

Really liked the way he played, surely he must be knocking on the door of ODI's now.

NO, Bosman lacks technique. The crowd was really enthusiastic when the openers were in full cry but calmed down when they weren't hitting sixes, merely fours etc. At one point in the match, all 13 players and 2 umpires were saffers.

NO, Bosman lacks technique. The crowd was really enthusiastic when the openers were in full cry but calmed down when they weren't hitting sixes, merely fours etc. At one point in the match, all 13 players and 2 umpires were saffers.

You'd really have something if that were true when england were felding....Skunk, Trott, Strauss....who else do they have from SA?

Ah, well- hit and giggle crap- who cares, really? Apart from the organisers, raking in their cash

The only problem is Bosman is 32 years old.

Has played 12 ODI's, making 204 runs at an average of 20.40.

In 5 T20I's, he's made 163 runs at an average of 40.75.

He's been tried and failed in ODI's, although he's in very good form, he's not a long term solution.

The only problem is Bosman is 32 years old.

Has played 12 ODI's, making 204 runs at an average of 20.40.

In 5 T20I's, he's made 163 runs at an average of 40.75.

He's been tried and failed in ODI's, although he's in very good form, he's not a long term solution.
Wow wouldn't have picked that from looking at him, thought he was mid 20's or something. Anyway, looks like a good T20 player, so has a few years left. A couple of seasons in the IPL will do him good financially I wouldve thought.:thumbsu:

how embarrasing for SA, they were completely outplayed by the Poms, Collingwood was superb, I really dont rate that SA team, it is horrible, their bowling attack is awful, why Botha didnt play is beyond me, England have a huge chance of taking the ODI series, on paper I think the 2 teams are pretty even

Is there a reason why Parnell is not playing in the SA ODI team?

He's been pretty impressive each time I've seen him, and the SA attack was incredibly ordinary last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

South Africa vs England 2009/10 , 2 T20Is, 5 ODI's, 4 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back