South Africa vs England 2009/10 , 2 T20Is, 5 ODI's, 4 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Muppet is comfortably the worst captain in world cricket, always making wrong decisions at the toss. Batting first cost any chance they had. A seaming wicket would suit England more as SA hasn't got anyone who swings it. The only decent bowler they have on form is Morkel and he never seems to get the rewards he deserves.

Trying to work out why the Saffers have been struggling at home the past two seasons. It just seems like their batsmen and bowlers can't get used to their own conditions. Last year they got destroyed when the ball was nipping around a bit and their batsmen couldn't handle it. Their bowlers also didn't bowl in the right areas consistently and let the conditions do the work. It seems to be the same this year: England bowled more consistently in the right areas and got the results, whereas the Saffers bowled way too short

Trying to work out why the Saffers have been struggling at home the past two seasons. It just seems like their batsmen and bowlers can't get used to their own conditions. Last year they got destroyed when the ball was nipping around a bit and their batsmen couldn't handle it. Their bowlers also didn't bowl in the right areas consistently and let the conditions do the work. It seems to be the same this year: England bowled more consistently in the right areas and got the results, whereas the Saffers bowled way too short

when they're at home the pressure on them is more intense.. they are the hunted now as well and they don't handle that too well.

Blame the captain for that.

England has a great record at Durban, they've beaten Saffers there most times. SA against us bowled poorly and bowled to our batsmen's strengths. They also fed Strauss the other night. England kept the pressure on them all the time. Strauss captained poorly at Centurion but well in Durban. SA's batting looks fragile and attack weak with Ntini in it. I read that he is out of the top 20 bowlers in their provincial competition this year. Makes it amazing to think they selected him ahead of de Wet who nearly won them the last test. Steyn doesn't swing the ball anymore, he maybe past his peak.

I'm not surprised the Saffers lost this test, England have a much better bowling attack, I don't think there's any doubt there, RSA are heavily reliant on Steyn, if Steyn fires RSA usually win, he's crucial to their chances

RSA have always been subject under pressure, I really can't stand Mickey Arthur, I think he's the most arrogant coach going around, I stuggle to see where RSA will come back in this series, yes they almost won the last test but that test was evenly matched until a disasterous collapse by the Poms, they desperately need Steyn to fire because their batting and bowling is pretty ordinary atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very similar to the Ashes series, with England surviving the first test by the skin of their teeth then bowling themselves to a comfortable victory in the second.

The difference in quality of attacks was vast this test. Ntini was appalling, Steyn very underdone, Kallis more underdone, and Harris never likely to win a match himself.

Seems the England attack is far more balanced with all the bowlers chipping in to get key wickets throughout a match. Swann the standout, but Broad has the knack of throwing in brilliant spells between periods of mediocrity.

Morkel bowled well, but IMO he constantly bowls the wrong length for a bloke of his height. It seems that 99% of everything he bowls rules out bowled or LBW as forms of dismissal, which makes getting bags of wickets difficult.

Well done idiot.

how long did it take you too come up with that line

everone is entitled too make a prediction of any kind... i thought south africa would belt them and i still think they will beat them in the last 2 tests.

so what if i said the poms wouldn't win a game. who gives a shit. oh yeah i am i am sure they were waiting for what i thought would happen in this series over there.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gawd get over yourself

Steyn didn't get the right field placings but the problem is he is an attacking bowler but had to be used as a holding bowler because the dreadful Ntini was leaking runs everywhere but that Procter guy said he was in in a holding role. Ntini looked shit in Australia. Why didn't they drop him? Punter wouldn't tolerate picking someone as shit as that.

how long did it take you too come up with that line

everone is entitled too make a prediction of any kind... i thought south africa would belt them and i still think they will beat them in the last 2 tests.

so what if i said the poms wouldn't win a game. who gives a shit. oh yeah i am i am sure they were waiting for what i thought would happen in this series over there.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gawd get over yourself

You're totally entitled to your opinion.....if you'd posted something reasonable like you think South Africa will comprehensively beat England then fair enough but when you post a clearly bitter, provocative & disprespectful (ie using the term fluke) comment then you deserve to be ridiculed.

Even if England win the series you're the type of bloke who'll be branding them lucky.

You're totally entitled to your opinion.....if you'd posted something reasonable like you think South Africa will comprehensively beat England then fair enough but when you post a clearly bitter, provocative & disprespectful (ie using the term fluke comment then you deserve to be ridiculed.
Even if England win the series you're the type of bloke who'll be branding them lucky.

i would always give credit where credit. i am not that shallow

SA will not show fight as they lack a backbone. We've seen it time and time again that they collapse under pressure. Aussies are tough, saffers are not. You wouldn't want to be with them in the trenches.

Remove this Banner Ad

South Africa vs England 2009/10 , 2 T20Is, 5 ODI's, 4 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back