South Africa Vs West Indies (3 Tests, 3 T20s, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well South Africa dominant. The Windies showed signs at times during the series. I don't want to sound like a broken record but if only there stupid board and selectors would pick Dwayne Bravo.

Well South Africa dominant. The Windies showed signs at times during the series. I don't want to sound like a broken record but if only there stupid board and selectors would pick Dwayne Bravo.

Dwayne Bravo isn't the be all and end all of the Windies. He's a bit part player at Test level, and a trouble maker to boot. I personally think the chemistry is stronger without him and Gayle. He's neither a reliable enough bowler, nor a top end batsman to warrant selection in the top six. Much prefer the development of Jermaine Blackwood.

Because he is settled and extremely successful batting at number three. No need to mess around with what works.
But he's batting at 4

Dwayne Bravo isn't the be all and end all of the Windies. He's a bit part player at Test level, and a trouble maker to boot. I personally think the chemistry is stronger without him and Gayle. He's neither a reliable enough bowler, nor a top end batsman to warrant selection in the top six. Much prefer the development of Jermaine Blackwood.
I'm not saying he is the be all and end all but he would be well worthy of being in there side and

1. I think the WICB are the trouble makers, it's not like Bravo is the only player to have had troubles with them

2. If you're in any doubt what he can do at test level look at his last 2 tours of Aus.

I probably agree on Gayle but don't think Devon Smith should be there. Bring back Barath or Kieran Powell. Unfortunately Kieran Powell has not played cricket for 6 months for personal reasons. Wish him well and hope to see hi. Back soon.

Wow I was watching this at the gym last night and samuels looks so crap against pace looks so unsettled yet against Spin he dominates them..

Steyn and Morkel again looked like the only two bowlers to take wickets..

Amla definately should be opening imo

Writing was on the wall with Alviro. Had a heap of potential but test cricket will eventually bring your every weakness to attention. Struggled with the front foot to the moving ball.

2-0 and job done.

We only play 4 tests in 2015? How can that be?

Looking at the squads I'd go with these XIs to start off with.

South Africa:
Hendriks
Van Wyk (wk)
Rossouw
Du Plessis (c)
Duminy
Miller
Ontong
Parnell
De Lange
Abbott
Tahir

WI:
Gayle
Dwayne Smith
Simmonds
Samuels
Fletcher
Pollard
Ramdin (wk)
Sammy (c)
Brathwaite
Holder
Benn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T20 Game 1 - Chris Gayle torched them.......

Saffers posted 165 odd at Newlands which looked to be competitive, first over from Abbot was good, only about 3 off it, second over from Rabada looked just as good until, he bounced Gayle which went for four byes, from then it was carnage, he just started raining boundaries and ended with 77 off 31. It was game over very early after 6 overs the comparison was SA 2-36, WI 0-78.

Remove this Banner Ad

South Africa Vs West Indies (3 Tests, 3 T20s, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back