Southern FL Div One 2015

Who will win the SFL Div 1 Flag in 2015

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate we have to cop it because we were ordinary in the Grand Final, but that was our one shocker for the year. I know it means nothing now but we were beating St Pauls and East by 8 to 12 goals during the home and away. Finished with a 300 + percentage. And you mention no Killer Instinct? And before you mention injuries, Dingley also had them along the way. Dingley have a budget and it is the same as last year. Some players got pay increases some got asked to take pay cuts and we have lost a few that were getting paid. It all evens out. Pretty sure it happens at every club.
Ordinary in the GF. Slight understatement. Words like pathetic, weak and disgraceful seem more apt.
One shocker for the year, how about the 2nd semi. Frightened may describe it. In fact, your finals footy was rubbish
But yeah, your H& A was great so console yourselves with that

Maybe Deano goes by the rule " no pay no play" as he is, well how best to describe it average in finals. Just pay him in finals dingoes then you will know the answer....
The side would be better off if he wasn't out there in finals. Same when he was at the Vampires

Let's just be honest if they keep having their local players walk out they won't play finals
Clauacen now also rumored to be looking at other options

Welcome back Gotcha obviously spent your time away gathering a lot of FACTS. I find it highly unlikely that you personally know Gaertner and Francis and further more that they would devulged what they were being paid to a knob like yourself anyway. I'm involved with the committee and can assure you that there is not one FACT in your bullshit post. 60 odd at training on Monday and everyone who was expected to be there was.

After accepting a pay cut, Francis old man went back to the club and told them he would leave if they cut him. Dingley weakened and instead will cut lower profile players.FACT
Gaertner & Francis between them are costing the club $1950 a game. FACT
Hope they didn't try and cut Walmsley his $150 a game.
Just for you and Harry who are big supporters of Dingley. Working on an 18 game season. 10K for Kappler ($550 a game) Bear 5K ($275 a game) Gaertner and Francis $1950 per game. There is 50K there for the season. And that is without Morwood and the other 20 Senior players. You blokes are kidding yourselves. On your figures Dingley would be over 200K in payments. Come along the AGM coming up, I can assure you that you aint even close.

Gaertner told his ex club that he had been offered $1100 a game at two clubs, one being Dingley, the other Bonbeach. There were a couple of other clubs chasing him and he all told them the same thing - edithvale, noble so i do think the mail is pretty spot on Raging.
60 on the track with 4 sides about right numbers I would think, nothing to get excited about or really news worthy, more of a worry is who the players are that are ALL looking to move on

Gaertner told his ex club that he had been offered $1100 a game at two clubs, one being Dingley, the other Bonbeach. There were a couple of other clubs chasing him and he all told them the same thing - edithvale, noble so i do think the mail is pretty spot on Raging.
60 on the track with 4 sides about right numbers I would think, nothing to get excited about or really news worthy, more of a worry is who the players are that are ALL looking to move on
I've spoken to Gaertner and he is a good humble bloke. I'm not sure he is going around to clubs saying the going rate is $1100 if you beat it I'll play for you. There is a bit of unrest at Dromana and there are players leaving left right and centre. I don't think his decision was based on money nor was he trying to get more out of Dromana. 4 sides? If your referring to the 3rds they don't start training until the Thursday before the first game. Your right though 60 on the track is not news worthy here. FYI Both Clausen and Dureau trained.

It was based on money - Dromana told him he was getting a cut back to 400 a game so it is and was about money don't kid yourself.
They both trained only because the Doggies don't start for another 2 weeks
In the end you have the biggest coach / playing budget in the SFL as you should do so not sure why you pretend you don't. All i suggest is spend it wisely and stop recruiting the same types. Research research research on recruits and then your opposition - that's what you need to focus on

Ordinary in the GF. Slight understatement. Words like pathetic, weak and disgraceful seem more apt.
One shocker for the year, how about the 2nd semi. Frightened may describe it. In fact, your finals footy was rubbish
But yeah, your H& A was great so console yourselves with that

A fool and a keyboard, you make the perfect combination!

Haha, I know lots of guys who have said stuff off the cuff like 'yeah, I'll come play for you if you offer me $1000 a game' with no intention of ever moving or that being a serious offer.

Only for it to come back as what the player is demanding per game and evidence of what they're being paid elsewhere. Nobody tells the truth in player payments, it's best not worrying about. Only very few players would play somewhere they didn't like simply for money. If somebody leaves or joins a club it's never only about money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just walking through mentone and noticed bartholomew walking across the road with a can and no top on - suggest he gives Jenny Craig a call...or maybe Phil smith for some advise My goodness it is going to be a long hard preseason for him would be 90 kgs plus bit of weight for a short fella
Matt Terech apparently at East Malvern next year, they are really having a crack up at the combine. CH will be pulling their hair out, best and fairest winner, captain, young gun Erish, Luke Newton all gone with rumours flying that it is only the tip of the iceberg... Plus you add gilder, smith and Murphy all returning to the league however not to CH - if puppet was still in charge don't think it would be happening....

It would appear that Dingley are in trouble. They overpay the coaching staff from all reports and are now bringing in overpaid recruits yet neglecting the grassroots guys. The fact that Walmsley has gone elsewhere is a statement, forget that he's the best player in their side and that he want's to play at a higher level he'd stay at Dingley if all was OK Bringing in Gaertner is an insult to the existing players and let's hope Francis is retained

An agreement is nothing until clearances open and the correct paperwork is signed - 2015.
Tom Durau is a gun on and off the field and if he gets to St Pauls expect other blokes to come across to St Pauls as well. He is mates with Steet and Allen and Ambrose.He lives not far from Mc Kinnon.

It would appear that Dingley are in trouble. They overpay the coaching staff from all reports and are now bringing in overpaid recruits yet neglecting the grassroots guys. The fact that Walmsley has gone elsewhere is a statement, forget that he's the best player in their side and that he want's to play at a higher level he'd stay at Dingley if all was OK Bringing in Gaertner is an insult to the existing players and let's hope Francis is retained

Noodles has gone to play at a higher level and the club is wrapped for him. We got smashed in the ruck so we recruit accordingly and you say that is an insult!!! We hope Francis stays as well, he only kicked 80 odd goals. Your post is ridiculous but, then again, so are you!

Your name should be BEMUSE!

An agreement is nothing until clearances open and the correct paperwork is signed - 2015.
Tom Durau is a gun on and off the field and if he gets to St Pauls expect other blokes to come across to St Pauls as well. He is mates with Steet and Allen and Ambrose.He lives not far from Mc Kinnon.

So its now ok to poach SFL players is it?

There is a difference between poaching and leaving because there is some unrest at Dingley, and yes it is quite fine to poach SFL players, the unwritten law of recruiting other leagues players and not SFL's went out with the Ron Barrasi plastic boots...or the white diamonds...

Did we poach Francis or did he leave The Vampires last year? You blokes chop and change UNWRITTEN Rules pretty quick. Noodles is a gun and only 21, Dingley as much as anyone want to see how far he can go. Unfortunately Noodles has golf balls for biceps which will prevent him going much further but he has more heart and go in him than any player I know. Trust me if we were selfish we could easily wave cash in his face as he is the best player in the league. I think you will find half the Dingley boys are mates and Facebook friends with Allen, Ambose, Street ect. Will they all go St Pauls? Wouldn't have thought so. Just out of curiosity it is seen as acceptable for The Combine to pick up 12 new players from Country Victoria. Somehow Dingley pick up a few and we are paying top dollar yet The Combine are just having a crack. It's great for the comp to get these players in. Hopefully our Inter league side is half competetive. I suppose David King's pay cheque will be more than Morwoods who is helping out for nothing.

Raging as you know it is open slather out there and there is no gentlemans agreement, ideally it would be better to recruit blokes from outside the league but as you say the combine recruit country blokes just as country leagues recruit suburban blokes that travel up there each week. Its open slather despite what the SFL would like to have happen. employment is important for recruits and duraeu probably fits that bill with Mercs perhaps...

I agree, totally in regards to recruiting. Duraeu is a qualified chippy, hope he does go to St Pauls it would be interesting to see his pay cheque if he went to Mercon.;). I assume the going rate is about 1K a week for a qualified builder just not sure what a qualified builder working at Mercon and playing at St Pauls gets.
From what I hear The Government of Victoria and Ken Lay will be his next boss.

Dingleys a pretty respected club I thoughr, never really gone out and recruited big names
Good on them investing in coaches
Morwoods gone Ok Kapplers side hardly lost a game and there 19s are well coached from reports
No Ex AFL Players , always given there kids a go , looks like they are having a crack at getting some outside names in , don't see the harm in that. Looks like they have identified size which they lacked Walmsley is a massive loss though , so is Peet . Gaertner will be a good get as will Cleeve , he played in good sides at Noble in a great comp
Dureau though , whilst popular from all reports . is injury prone and goes missing in big games he won't be a loss .
East Malvern are the ones we need to be chatting about boys .

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern FL Div One 2015

Back