Southern FL Div One 2015

Who will win the SFL Div 1 Flag in 2015

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did Arvo play last year. I know Tas was down at Monbulk with Wardy and was fairly sure he was staying but haven't spoken to either of them in recent times. Is obviously good for City if he does go back
Arvo played only 1 maybe 2 games last year. Was told he had a crook back but I think there was a cash flow problem last year at St Kilda City. Financial backer back after a holiday ;)

Last edited:
Seriously? Neville and Bastion were entrenched reserves players at St Bedes. Notwithstanding the difference between Premier ammos and the SFL Div 1 surely their top 3 talent is better than that.

You aren't taking into account how old Bation and Neville were when they played for Mentone.
And they still spent half their time in the seniors.
Now they're mid twenty's and much more experienced players.

Mordy will do just fine in div.1 with there list gaining more player's and another big pre season under the younger players belts.

You aren't taking into account how old Bation and Neville were when they played for Mentone.
And they still spent half their time in the seniors.
Now they're mid twenty's and much more experienced players.

Mordy will do just fine in div.1 with there list gaining more player's and another big pre season under the younger players belts.

They only left St Bedes 2 seasons ago and would be what 24/25 now? Hardly kids when they were running around in the VAFA. Fringe players at best but concede they might go ok in SFL D2. Obviously you have seen a lot more of them than I have so I don’t doubt they have improved but maintain, that in my opinion, if they are both in your best 3 then you might find the going tough in Div 1. Surely Morris is up there?

Clubs are always telling us how they only survive with the help of selfless volunteers. Well Bentleigh F.C and Mackie CC lost one of the best with the passing of Greg Graham on the weekend. Greg served as time keeper and scorer for both clubs going back over 30 years (probably longer). He was a quiet man who enjoyed nothing more than to be around the club. He was there during the bad times when the club was on its knees, travelling to remote venues in the Ammo's when the club was desperate for volunteers. He made some long standing friendships with members of opposition clubs in footy and cricket and I know that he really valued.

It is sad that in this modern day that someone at Bentleigh has not found a few minutes in their hectic schedule to put something up on their website to honour his memory and perhaps advise of his funeral or recognise his service with an award or something similiar.
I suppose the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
R.I.P Greg you were a great servant of Bentleigh F.C and you were a good bloke.

Clubs are always telling us how they only survive with the help of selfless volunteers. Well Bentleigh F.C and Mackie CC lost one of the best with the passing of Greg Graham on the weekend. Greg served as time keeper and scorer for both clubs going back over 30 years (probably longer). He was a quiet man who enjoyed nothing more than to be around the club. He was there during the bad times when the club was on its knees, travelling to remote venues in the Ammo's when the club was desperate for volunteers. He made some long standing friendships with members of opposition clubs in footy and cricket and I know that he really valued.

It is sad that in this modern day that someone at Bentleigh has not found a few minutes in their hectic schedule to put something up on their website to honour his memory and perhaps advise of his funeral or recognise his service with an award or something similiar.
I suppose the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
R.I.P Greg you were a great servant of Bentleigh F.C and you were a good bloke.

A lot of heavy hearts at the moment at Bentleigh FC & Mackie CC. Did more than just timekeeping & scoring, ran raffles & managed bars at each club. They were his life, the nicest bloke as you may know as you sound like a past player at Bentleigh

Just a word of warning though, maybe don't shoot from the hip with us falling down on our duties of serving his memory, notifying of funeral service etc as we don't know either as this stage. We have had 4 people who were involved with the club in the past who have passed away in the last 2 weeks.

With Greggy, he only has 1 living relative, a niece who the club has attempted to contact. Please be respectful as the club doesn't organise these things, family do who we have to be respectful of. I'm sure there will a post of the website/facebook notifying everyone with information of the service comes to hand
#RIPGreggy

thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fish please do not lecture me on shooting from the hip or about respect. Funeral arrangements are a family matter and I understand that. I just cannot understand that it has taken 5 days for the club to acknowledge Greg. You are the first from the club to put something in writing. How hard was that? How many years did he serve the club? Any wonder people just walk away from giving up their time. It is a thankless job in life as it is in death.

Fish please do not lecture me on shooting from the hip or about respect. Funeral arrangements are a family matter and I understand that. I just cannot understand that it has taken 5 days for the club to acknowledge Greg. You are the first from the club to put something in writing. How hard was that? How many years did he serve the club? Any wonder people just walk away from giving up their time. It is a thankless job in life as it is in death.
Moody Blue, Greggy Graham served at the BFC for 48 years, 2015 would of been his 49th year. He started helping the club out in 1966 the year after it was formed as they played on Mackie rd in those days where greggy played his cricket.
Greggy was awarded with a certificate early last year for his contribution to community sport and would have been highly acknowledged at the clubs 50 year anniversary this year.
Unfortunately you are shooting from the hip abit as it is disrespectful for the club to be releasing details when:
1 - his only family were yet to know
2 - the cause of greggys death is still unknown.
The BFC are probably the best club in the competition when it comes to communication and social media, however due to confidential circumstances a statement is yet to be released.
The BFC community are shocked and shattered at the sudden passing, and I'm sure a statement will be released over the next few days, once it is socially acceptable.

Bit of water to go under the bridge with clearances.... but anyway

Premier: Dingley
Runners Up: East Brighton
Improver: East Malvern
Slider: Chelsea Heights
League Medal: ???
Goal Kicker: Dean Francis
Best Recruit: Finnen (EMFC)

St Kilda City have jumped out of the blocks with their clearances.

If this was 2005, they would be premiership favourites. But it's not!

Danny Cassett - Seriously? Are St Kilda City starting up a Superules team? Would have to be well north of 40 years old.

On the flip side I saw a bit of Hansen in the ammos. While he battled to become a senior regular at St Bedes he is young and very hard at it. If fit he will go very well in the SFL.

Danny Cassett - Seriously? Are St Kilda City starting up a Superules team? Would have to be well north of 40 years old.

On the flip side I saw a bit of Hansen in the ammos. While he battled to become a senior regular at St Bedes he is young and very hard at it. If fit he will go very well in the SFL.

presume he still owes people money there as welll. Return of the love rat lol.

#Culture

Assistant coach maybe??
Surely you'd put the money towards someone that is going to assist you in further development and stick around for a few years, there's 1 spot an up and coming young player who not get and could end up finding himself looking for another club who'll give him an opportunity.

presume he still owes people money there as welll. Return of the love rat lol.
Purvis and cassett transfers both been denied.... Interesting, wouldn't surprise me if Purvis was still contracted to his current club, cassett probably owes $$ to his current club as well.

Purvis and cassett transfers both been denied.... Interesting, wouldn't surprise me if Purvis was still contracted to his current club, cassett probably owes $$ to his current club as well.

Its only February, this "denied" status is just a title and can all go away with some new found folding stuff from the Peanut Farm.
Business at The Boardroom must be thriving?

Last edited:

Bit hard when Scoresby has no money and didn't pay their senior players for 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern FL Div One 2015

Back