Southern FL Div Two 2015

Who will take out the Div2 Flag in 2015

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyones tips for this weekend?

SKYE vs Heatherton

This could be another big loss for Heatherton.
They were dissapointing against Caufield, thought they may have been more competitive.
Skye pushed an impressive Oakleigh all the way.
Out at skye's deck as well
Skye by 80 points

KEYSBOROUGH vs Murrumbeena

Keysborough not as convincing against Doveton as we thought they would be.
Murrumbeena were competitive against Hampton.
Could be a close game than people will think.
Still think Keysborough will get over the line with a bit of experience.
Keysborough by 25 points

CAUFIELD vs Doveton

From all reports Caufield will be right up there this year.
Disposed of Heatherton easily.
Good to see Doveton were competitive against Keysy last weekend.
Still think Caufield will have another easy win.
Caulfield by 40 points

HAMPTON vs HIGHETT

This should be a good game.
Hard to pick either way,
Hampton had a close win while Highett had a close loss.
I think Highett played a better opposition though.
I think Highett to win in a close one.
Highett by 15 points

Springvale vs OAKLEIGH

Both teams coming off wins last weekend.
Think Oakleigh will be the team to beat this year.
Springvale look to have improved dramatically from last year, with a lot of new players.
Springvale to be competitive but Oakleigh to be just to good on the day.
Oakleigh by 20 points.

Another mount transfer to springy Sam 'pooers' Taunt.. considerable evidence suggesting div 3 football is more than competitive in the upper echelons of div 2. Gee would of been a bleak result for springy with no gough, stacey or morrey last week. Interesting to see how mount districts go against oakleigh this week.

Another mount transfer to springy Sam 'pooers' Taunt.. considerable evidence suggesting div 3 football is more than competitive in the upper echelons of div 2. Gee would of been a bleak result for springy with no gough, stacey or morrey last week. Interesting to see how mount districts go against oakleigh this week.
Good one, default skip ;) just concentrate on getting a kick.

Heatherton had a few out today but they were out of puff after 1/4 time. I reckon there pre season started about March and the cheque book was aimed at the wrong players

Very surprised. The season is long and teams will realise he doesn't like a hard ball or tag. Surprised Stacey or Gough didn't suggest to give him an early tag or whack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not from the area? Dropped in to watch a match as you were in the area? And then felt compelled to create a Profile to comment on said game. Must have been one hell of a game.

Welcome to Bigfooty Matty V
Im from the sticks and I am blocked under my original name from another forum. Can assure I am not matty V. The standard of football wasnt to a high standard so I really wont say more than I have. Except number 7(heatherton) should stop ducking into contests and number 2 for springvale should try himself at a higher competition.

So three rounds in who does everyone think will be premiership contenders?
Seems that Keysborough, Skye, Oakleigh Districts & Hampton all have claims. Anyone willing to push up other contenders.

So where 4 rounds in and starting to get some idea about where teams are at for the 2015 season. Once again it looks like its gonna be another tight year, where almost any team can beat another on there day. Keysborough have shown they are in fact more than up to challenging for the title, and Skye remains one of the top teams. Massive improvement from Caufield and Oakleigh. With Hampton, Springvale and Highett all around the mark again. Murrumbeena and Heatherton have been okay and could cause a few surprises. With Doveton probably the furthest off the pace.

Ladder Prediction

1. Oakleigh Districts
2. Skye
3. Keysborough
4. Caufield
5. Springvale Districts
---------------------------
6. Hampton
7. Highett
8. Heatherton
9. Murrumbeena
10. Doveton

What are everyones thoughts?

With my Doveton hat on, we were in front of keysie 10 minutes into the last quarter.
We were a few points down to Caulfield in the last quarter also before running out of legs.

Skye was very disappointing for us but kicking 1.11 or something to half time blew any chance we had of staying in the game.
I was very impressed with Skye's run and clean ball use.

Last week we were very slow out of the blocks before playing our way back into the game. Again, I think there was 9 points in it at one stage in the last. Both sides had quite a few out though.

We are confident we have a competitive line up and can mix it with anyone at full strength. Lack of real depth is an issue at the moment with key players out.

As it has been for a while now, Div 2 seems very even with great match ups every week.

I look forward to seeing Oakleigh live as those that have played them have spoken highly of them.

Yeah we have had a few clearances go in. Two were brothers who moved away and One other has come back already. Another couple will go out this week I think but we also have a couple coming in.

Hard to keep up with the amount of changes in our ones side so far this year!

It's never ideal having players changing clubs this late in the season.

Rumours Sash was spotted at Keysie training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern FL Div Two 2015

Back