Southern FL Div Two 2015

Who will take out the Div2 Flag in 2015

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering that Keysie were getting beaten by 20 goals last year, it is fair to say that SFL is a fair way behind the Kardinia League!

SFL Division Two you mean. Fair chance they would still be flogged against the top teams of Divvy 1

They are old and slow, and although they may win it this year. I can't see much future without a large injection of youth

Halfway point of the year, starting to get a fair idea where teams are at for Season 2015.

1. Oakleigh Districts
BP: A.Howison (7) L.Casey (6) D.Kielleruo (5)
LG: D.Velardo (38) K.Kandakji (13) J.Hill (12)
Current Pos: 1st (8-1)
%: 164
Pred: 2nd (16-2)

2. Keysborough
BP: T.King (7) W.Gayfer (6) G.Humphreys (6)
LG: T.King (41) J.Dunn (20) M.Collett (14)
Current Pos: 2nd (8-1)
%: 160
Pred: 1st (17-1)

3. Skye
BP: B.Evans (6) A.Harper (4) J.McConville (4)
LG: B.Evans (16) B.Walker (14) A.Pacey (13)
Current Pos: 3rd (6-3)
%: 134
Pred: 3rd (12-6)

4. Hampton
BP: S.Fiora (7) J.Hanlon (6) J.Burbridge (5)
LG: J.Hanlon (35) S.Fiora (28) J.Isaac (9)
Current Pos: 4th (6-3)
%: 105
Pred: 5th (9-9)

5. Caufield
BP: C.Lewis (6) A.Bence (5) A.Ballard (5)
LG: J.Butler (19) A.Connell (14) J.Twirdy (12)
Current Pos: 5th (5-4)
%: 110
Pred: 4th (12-6)

6. Murrumbeena
BP: C.Hargrave (7) D.Hargrave (5) J.Wright (5)
LG: D.Spanoe (12) D.Hargrave (11) M.Walder (9)
Current Pos: 6th (5-4)
%: 103
Pred: 7th (7-11)

7. Highett
BP: T.Brown (8) D.Kelly (5) R.Swayn (5)
LG: T.Brown (19) A.Carey (13) M.Hoer (11)
Current Pos: 7th (3-6)
%: 100
Pred: 6th (8-10)

8. Springvale Districts
BP: S.Rosario (4) S.Bagley (4) R.Johnston (4)
LG: L.Morrey (18) J.Gough (15) B.Stacey (8)
Current Pos: 8th (2-7)
%: 66
Pred: 8th (6-12)

9.Doveton
BP: C.Wilson (8) J.Kennedy (5) R.Kreskas (5)
LG: C.Wilson (25) T.Day (11) J.Kennedy (9)
Current Pos: 9th (1-8)
%: 68
Pred: 9th (2-16)

10. Heatherton
BP: B.O'Loughlin (6) J.Stone (6) M.Jamieson (5)
LG: M.Jamieson (25) T.Kumetaitis (9) M.Stuart (9)
Current Pos: 10th (1-9)
%: 56
Pred: 10th (1-17)

I think Keysborough and Oakleigh are the obvious two standouts of the competition this year, Caufield and Skye probably the next best. Think Murrumbeena and Hampton have been playing above themselves, whilst Highett and Springvale are under performing, Due to Hamptons great start to the year, i think they can hang on to 5th. Devotion and Heatherton still the two worst, although Doveton have Shown they are improving. Heatherton possibly the first side to go from Divison 1 to Divison 3 in two consecutive years?

geez its quiet on here lately... the whole season really. Tight comp and looks like its gonna be a ripper of a finals series. the top 4 (o/district, keysie, skye & beena) all can beat each other on any given day imo. speaking to a few blokes from different clubs, they all think differently in regards to whos winning it this year. The 2 obvious are keysie and districts... but im really liking skye, very even outfit.

Anyway Round 12 tips?

Skye to beat Doveton Eagles by 101 pts
Murrumbeena
to beat Caulfield by 15 pts
Keysborough
to beat Hampton by 47 pts
Heatherton
to beat Springvale Districts by 10 pts (and go ahead of the eagles by 2 wins to insure not being relegated)
Oakleigh District to beat Highett by 39 pts
So much for skye winning by 100 pts very lucky to get the win haha

Heatherton won't allow itself to get relegated. They will call on players like Matt O'Rourke & Travis Sauer again on permits before years out like they did against Caulfield. False economy really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leading Goalkickers:
1. T.King 56 (Keys)
2. D.Verlado 52 (OD)
3. J.Hanlon 36 (Ham)
4. A.Connel 31 (Cau)
5. S.Fiora 31 (Ham)
6. L.Morrey 30 (SD)
7. B.Evans 28 (Skye)
8. M.Jamieson 28 (Hea)
9. K.Kandakji 27 (OD)
10. T.Kumetaitis 25 (Hea)

Best Players (TIB):
1. C.Wilson 12 (Dov)
2. C.Lewis 10 (Cau)
3. T.Brown 10 (High)
4. R.Swayn 9 (High)
5. G.Humphreys 9 (Keys)
6. W.Gayfer 9 (Keys)
7. T.King 9 (Keys)
8. A.Howison 9 (OD)
9. B.Evans 9 (Skye)
10. C.Hargrave 9 (Mur)

Whats everyones thoughts on the best player and the most dangerous forward in the league?

:

Whats everyones thoughts on the best player and the most dangerous forward in the league?

The answer to both questions is the same, unfortunately he is out with a knee now.

With players available now I think Spanos would have to be right up there with Humphreys for best player.

Best forward I would say Velardo's best is better than the others but he can be hot & cold.

The big fella for keys that went down on saturday with the ankle, is he alright?
Heard he's a key clog in the team, I hope keysborough can still do well without some very important players.

I heard Wilkinson is out of hospital and in plaster for 6 weeks.

Huge loss for Keysy, but don't write them off!

Watched Hampton gift Skye a win on Saturday. Hamptons ruckman was dominant all day. Third quarter was Hamptons they had all the momentum. Hit the front by a point at 3/4 time. Then put ruckman at CHF for the last quarter. Skye get there hands on the ball and take over control. Poor coaching.

Marty Watts last quarter was something special as well.

Heatherton v Doveton was a good one to watch. Close all day and hard fought as you'd expect given the threat of relegation. Congrats to the Heatherton boys. Two weeks left for us to try and avoid the drop.

I reckon the league would have to be concerned with the state if heathertons ground with finals around the corner. The ground is a bog heap. Couldn't play finals on it in its current condition.

Well hasn't Keysborough come back to earth with a great thud. They are going to need an injection of youth into their club in the next couple of years so it will be interesting to see how they cope. Hat's off to Caulfield. The bit the bullet a few years ago and volunteered to be promoted to Div2 when all of the other clubs ran for cover. Not only did they hold their own, they continued to develop and now they are in a Preliminary Final.
Hard to go past Oakleigh Districts winning it now.

Well hasn't Keysborough come back to earth with a great thud. They are going to need an injection of youth into their club in the next couple of years so it will be interesting to see how they cope. Hat's off to Caulfield. The bit the bullet a few years ago and volunteered to be promoted to Div2 when all of the other clubs ran for cover. Not only did they hold their own, they continued to develop and now they are in a Preliminary Final.
Hard to go past Oakleigh Districts winning it now.

They have done very well, but I think the main reason clubs said no to the promotion was because they wanted to win there way up instead of being gifted it. In any case yeah Oakleigh should do it easy. 5+ goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern FL Div Two 2015

Back