Preview Squad vs The Hawks (NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On SEN they mentioned the Dawks were at full strength and we had 9 out of starting line up out..so not all bad

So were Hodge, Lewis or Burgoyne playing today?

Hawks didn't field their strongest team but they have no real injury concerns of note. They didn't play a number of regular seniors.

But, they are able to rest a cross-selection where we on the other-hand have too much of the starting defence out, i imagine it caused us to leak a number of goals.

Not having McIntosh in also leaves us short of our third tall forward and Hansen didn't play either so we basically just had one key forward and a bunch of mediums which isn't going to push any defensive unit.

Ladson was also out but along with Ellis & Murphy i consider those players on the fringe of our best 22.

I think both clubs would be happy with the hit out.

Agreed.

I think we get more benefit out of playing the full game rather than a Mickey Mouse set up like The NAB Cup now is, just quietly.

No injuries and I'll be happy.

Swallow was best on groung by the lenght of the straight!
Thomas is a hungry little pr***, that continues to frustrate could've been involved in about 6 goals if not for stupidity
J mac has a long way to go on todays performance
Campbell was awful
Goldy will become the best tap ruckmen in the comp before to long
Atley started to show a bit once the sting went out of the game.
Majak has no idea on positioning but probably has to play round 1
Tarrant i thought was servicable
Pederson went ok but will only ever be a back up
Wells was ok, still refuses to have a shot although he did on 1 occasion and missed
Urq got injured early
Edwards Mckinley, Warren & Petrie can't all play in the same side.
Ziebell looked injury free and played ok especially early
Richardson not as good today
Anthony was ordinary
Wright looked like he needed the run and should get better

As an opposition observer, the thing that stuck out the most for you guys was the sloppy disposal, both by hand and foot. We weren't great, but your guys handed it to us so often even I was shaking my head. Personally, I thought your ball movement was fine when you could string possessions together.

I wouldn't worry too much, but you've got a ways to go to meet the expectations of those who think you'll push for top four.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Squad vs The Hawks (NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back