St Kilda Crowd today- ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Geeze stop the winging, it happens every game. Get Over It. If all supporters were this soft then we would have hundreds of threads about this. Move on.

-Mav

OldMav said:
Geeze stop the winging, it happens every game. Get Over It. If all supporters were this soft then we would have hundreds of threads about this. Move on.

-Mav
can't blame him he is just following scubas lead...

johnson_26 said:
Well done to the saints today, you thoroughly deserved your win against us- you simply outclassed and outplayed us all over the field today.

but one thing that really made me want to get a nuclear bomb from nth korea and launch at your members was your treatment of nathan buckley.

From the very first bounce, every time the champ got the footy you booed him. What a disgrace.

Do you guys know how to treat and respect champions? You ought to be ashamed as you have no class or sportsmanship what so ever.

Collingwood fans didnt boo robby harvey when he got a touch- because we have respect for the greats of our game.

Unlike som eof you st kilda ***,, you really ought to be ashamed.

Get over yourself you big sook. Collingwood supporters are always booing James Hird. Maybe you should take your advice to your fellow supporters.....
:rolleyes:

A poor thread - but hardly suprising.

Incident one: Buckley tries to ruffle up Maguire after #31 started to dominate from the backline and spoil everything that went near Rocca and Tarrant - and gets a free kick for doing so.

Incident two: Buckley turns the ball over, marked by Brendan Goddard, who, oddly, boots it back to Buckley. Buckley shows the ball to the crowd, waves his tongue, then proceeds to turn it over to Xavier Clarke.

I was there the night Magpies fans laid into Robert Murphy the night he did his knee - unbelievale hypocrisy, but what we've all come to accept from Magpie fans, I suppose.

If they did the same thing with Newman, as has been confirmed, then that's disgusting.

DynamoUltra said:
And Collingwood fans don't boo Akermanis or Hird (as has already been mentioned)?

or Morrison or Lockyer. Rocca and Tarrant.

It must kill Jason CLoke to have to sit and watch pea heart Tarrant run around whilst he joins the likes of Betheras in Malthouses book of sacrificial lambs.

I thought Morrison was one of the better Collingwood players today.

evertonfc said:
A poor thread - but hardly suprising.

Incident one: Buckley tries to ruffle up Maguire after #31 started to dominate from the backline and spoil everything that went near Rocca and Tarrant - and gets a free kick for doing so.

more to the point that Buckley pushed Maguires head with some force and then pointed it out to the umpire when he received a glancing blow in return.

The Wanganeens and Hardwicks of the world have always been booed by the Saints supporters, Buckley is elevating himself to the same status.

Falchoon said:
more to the point that Buckley pushed Maguires head with some force and then pointed it out to the umpire when he received a glancing blow in return.

The Wanganeens and Hardwicks of the world have always been booed by the Saints supporters, Buckley is elevating himself to the same status.

I was surprised about Buckley's antics as I've always respected him.

Lost a fair bit of it today. Whoever gave him the reciever tag was not wrong.

Anyway, that's another issue, and maybe it was Buckley's frustrations that got the better of him.

Either way, St Kilda fans today looked class to me - I heard Collingwood fans behind me saying they were too loud, particuarly on level one.

I have a mate that plays in the ones for Geelong, we've known each other since school, and he said when playing Collingwood you actually hear the taunts because there are so many of them. He said it's the only time he has heard children swearing at him calling him f**king soft and so forth, and that was when Collingwood was 80 points up. I don't care about supporter abuse, and I'm sure most players don't, but don't go taking the moral high ground when your supporters do it too.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... Buckley is a champion. Hird, Voss, Roo, Cous are also in this category. Period.

Like if roo came over here to subi next weekand played my mob, il boo the hell out of him just to put him off. im sure many other supporters would do the same. you cant expect to control everyone can you??? but what u can expect is roo shiiting on your face with a 30 possie game and a few easy goals along with it. he might even clean selwood up along the way as well, fairly of course. like it doesnt necessarily mean they will win the game, but the point is champions perform week in, week out! you can have 5 million people boo him and it still wont affect him.

like dockers supporters better say their preys for what judds going to do to them in the next derby. boo him all you want, the bloke doesnt need to speak. he'll just carve you up the next time he plays you. he did it to the saints, didnt he??? thats what champions do.

so my point is that champions are champions for a reason and you booing him will hardly affect their performance. in fact it might inspire them that little bit more. so who gives a toss about wheather buckley goot booed or not, saints won. just worry bout next time.

johnson_26 said:
Well done to the saints today, you thoroughly deserved your win against us- you simply outclassed and outplayed us all over the field today.

but one thing that really made me want to get a nuclear bomb from nth korea and launch at your members was your treatment of nathan buckley.

From the very first bounce, every time the champ got the footy you booed him. What a disgrace.

Do you guys know how to treat and respect champions? You ought to be ashamed as you have no class or sportsmanship what so ever.

Collingwood fans didnt boo robby harvey when he got a touch- because we have respect for the greats of our game.

Unlike som eof you st kilda ***,, you really ought to be ashamed.

When you purchase a ticket, you have the right to do whatever you want within the framework of the law. Booing is a part of sport. Not saying it's right. Just saying it's the reality of the situation.

Noone likes a dobber.
They were just having a bit of fun and buckley just had to turn to his best mate and ask for a kick.
Pathetic umpiring.

awwwwwww....did poor widdle bucks get a few booo's ?....diddums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to sweat about it. Ignorance manifests itself in a number of ways. Booing a champion like Buckley just shows how little they actually understand footy. I guess as a marginal club with little historical impact they are less connected to football's true nature, rather like the stereotype Crows fan who boos and cheers inappropriately.

The Pie crowd has been booing Aker in recent years, its mean spirited in a way but its part of a broader theatre of football. Aker breaks the rules, he communicates with the crowd outside the usual channels, he employs almost Brechtian alienation. He understands, and so do we.

We (and I don't boo, but I am a Pie, so we...) also boo Mal Michael and thats less sporting. He left us and did well: that sticks in a few throats I guess.

We also boo anyone we suspect of wrongdoing. Derek Kickett flew into a pack in the 1990 GF, and the crowd where I was thought he had knocked down Gavin Brown and he was booed subsequently. TD was booed after he dropped Starcs, but he wasn't singled out for special booing in later years: he was a fair player aside from that one game of violence and even that thuggery could be understood. He had to do something to help his team win. He understood and so did we.

Nothing the Saints crowd say surpises me. I've heard Saints racially villifying Nick Winmar at Moorrabin back in the early 90's, at a Geelong game. I went to see Plugger and Ablett play, two of my alltime favourites. Seeing Winmar, with his classically perfect technique, awas entirely a bonus. I was really horrified that fans could racially abuse their own: I hate it when anyone does it and despite the stereotypes, I heard it only once or twice at Victoria Park.

Of course it puts a whole different aspect on St Kilda protestions about Collingwood rascism for me. Whenever a breast beating bleeding heart comes on slagging my club off I recall that their supporters have done the same to their own.

On Sunday some drunk Saints teenagers behind me started jeering at Rocca as a Pizza boy. I asked if that was a crack about him being Italian and they shut up for a half. Then they drank enough to get the courage to start jeering again. Its sad sad stuff really. I don't think they were being rascist, but I think they were acting tough and trying to sound a bit rascist so as to be a bit Sam Newman "ooh I'm a controversial cool guy".

If the Saints memebers want to boo Buckley thats their perogative. They paid for their tickets (presumably) and they're entitled to boo and cheer as they like. That they waste time abusing a champion and a proffessional who is superior to any Saint I've seen bar Plugger is a strange choice, and doesn't speak highjly about their understanding of football as a game or dare I say it as a culture.

For myself I enjoy a good yell at the footy. I cheer my lot, boo thuggery from the opposition, slag the umps even when they favour us, respectfully applaud anyone who is injured. I also applaud great play from the opposition, like Balls fantastic mark in the goalsquare in the third quarter. I can't make everyone else enjoy footy, some people go there to fight, some to get drunk and some to boo champions.

Buckley has been copping that for years. Pies supporters can dish it out with the best of them. Who cares! Stop sooking Johnno. Buckley can cope with the boos but I doubt he can handle losing like that quite as easily. If he wasn’t so good and so competitive no one would bother. Watching that game brought back memories of the bad old days when Buckley got booed 40 times a match and was just about the only bloke in black and white that could get near it. I think about 18 blokes should have their checks over to Buckley and Burns for that match.

pharro said:
Thanks for the reminder. We should always consider draft tampering as his number one crime. And as an offshoot, we have to thank his actions and those of his mate Anthony Rocca (and one or two others) for justifying the salary cap concessions given to Brisbane and Sydney, helping them to premierships.
Honestly there is some crap written about Buckley but this one is just idiotic. Draft tampering? He giot drafted and went to the club that drafted him. Of all the players that have ever been drafted by any club in the AFL Buckley is the ONLY player to have looked after the club that drafted him from the time he started negotiations. No other player in the history of the draft has acted as HONERABLY as Nathan Buckley did in respect of Brisbane. He made a fair trade deal before he went and he gave them his best from the time he put on the jumper and morons like you cheer Grant, Rawlings and Hay and gladly deal with Joseph who will screw a club just for fun.

froggyboy88 said:
the whole members side wing at a collingwood game is feral! so you are a hypocryte
Honestly, I wonder if you have ever been to a Collingwood game. We don’t have a member’s side wing.
DynamoUltra said:
And Collingwood fans don't boo Akermanis or Hird (as has already been mentioned)?
Aka and Hird are two entirely different matters. Hird is a champion who cuts us up regularly. He doesn’t deserve to cop it. Aka is a very very good player who has also done a bit of damage to us but he also has openly disrespected and insulted our club and deserves everything he gets plus some.

Nonsense Fireman. I have heard Buckley booed plenty of times against St. Kilda. I always put it down to Harvey Comparison Phobia. As I said, who cares. It’s footy not the Ballet. Barracking is part of it all. Sometimes it is even funny although that is rare these days. At least we still don’t have to segregate crowds. When we get to that I’ll stop going forever.

MarkT said:
Nonsense Fireman. I have heard Buckley booed plenty of times against St. Kilda. I always put it down to Harvey Comparison Phobia. As I said, who cares. It’s footy not the Ballet. Barracking is part of it all. Sometimes it is even funny although that is rare these days. At least we still don’t have to segregate crowds. When we get to that I’ll stop going forever.
Not nonsense MT, I've heard Buckley booed before for no reason, acouple here and there but yesterday it was full on.
My explanation stands.
I wonder why hardly anyone boos Harvey?
Something to ponder.

What’s to ponder? People like Harvey. Why wouldn’t they? No one Boos Archer and he is a thug at times. People like him because he is humble or perhaps just shy more than anything. Buckley is driven and ultra competitive. That is what has made him such a great player as opposed to natural talent and why he has been so consistent over so long. Australians aren't comfortable with that.

MarkT said:
What’s to ponder? People like Harvey. Why wouldn’t they? No one Boos Archer and he is a thug at times. People like him because he is humble or perhaps just shy more than anything. Buckley is driven and ultra competitive. That is what has made him such a great player as opposed to natural talent and why he has been so consistent over so long. Australians aren't comfortable with that.
Maybe you should ponder Blood smearing, whingeing to umpires or taking dives.
Anyway we are now off topic. You are correct, Buckley is a champ as is Hird..I like Hird.

PS The highlighted is probably one of the silliest things you have come out with and I admit that is rare.

The Fireman said:
Not nonsense MT, I've heard Buckley booed before for no reason, acouple here and there but yesterday it was full on.
My explanation stands.
I wonder why hardly anyone boos Harvey?
Something to ponder.

Yeah, definately started in earnest after the Maguire incident. This is one funny thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda Crowd today- ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back