Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question, why are there so many Blues fans in the thread? There seem to be more Blues fans here than Saints fans bagging out Saints.

Maybe just try enjoying your own long coming period of success, why the need to constantly rag on a smaller club?
Unfortunately, some of our fans have incredibly short memories.

Top 8 side in 2023 and just beat the top of the ladder side to jump up to 14th in R17 2024 with a 6-10 W/L record and a sub 100 percentage. If that isn't no man's land what is.

Watch them rise while Collingwood fall.

Lyon just manoeuvring his kids and teaching them their roles.

Lyon the master

Lyon must tell them at 3qtr time every week "OK guys start moving the ball and attacking now"

Sometimes it's too late and they fall short, sometimes like today they just make it over the line

think today was the first time the system worked as intended, gulden nullified in the last & the defensive strangulation worked wonders. byrnes & philipou were instrumental all day.

very well played by the entire team.

Went a bit early there champ.
Not at all. Ross losing is a weekly desire.
Been that way the first time you he was at Freo ruining football. That a club was dumb enough to re-hire is baffling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said on the match day thread that St. Kilda are not a terrible side. Commentators today said they have lost 6 games by a kick. Win half of those and they are in or just outside the 8 and the narrative around them is completely different. Have the bones of a good team but need to recruit or develop a decent mid and find another tall defender.

Saints play better under Lyon without king.

I'd trade him and get parish and tsastis, phillipou looks like rhe next bont

King is worth 2 firsts to go with 2 top 5 picks this year (one being the compo for battle), saints has a fairly good hand to build a very good core.

If they can trade well then there is a good solid list to build on for saints as ultimately they haven't bottomed for long enough to get a sustained run to get half a dozen blue chip players.

The bloke who went pick 32 in open draft and nobody bid on until Geelong?
Yep.
Maybe Ur recruiters could have bid on him earlier but I don't think they watch any games outside Bayside Melbourne because they are too ****ing lazy.

Heeney after finishing top Mills similar and Blakey well that’s just AFL enforced cheating.

Top 8 side in 2023 and just beat the top of the ladder side to jump up to 14th in R17 2024 with a 6-10 W/L record and a sub 100 percentage. If that isn't no man's land what is.
Again.... the cold hard win and loss record only tells you certain amount of stats.

Saints lost a few close games this season. Could easily be 10 wins and 6 losses and inside the top 8.

Again.... the cold hard win and loss record only tells you certain amount of stats.

Saints lost a few close games this season. Could easily be 10 wins and 6 losses and inside the top 8.
"Again" what? I haven't read a single reply in this thread, let alone anything you've said.
The title just caught my eye... "no man's land" seemed quite apt in the case of St Kilda as I watched them knock off the top side. Your point that they could be 10/6 supports the reason 'no man's land' resonated with me as being applicable.

Its as if Ross is trolling the competition. Knows they need draft picks to rebuild the list but every now again says I think we should win today and rolls the best team in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back