Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing effort so far from the saints. How much better can they get with returning players?
Ross the boss has this group humming, top 4 for me if they can get players to gradually return in reasonable shape.
That’s the thing that’s super-promising. Not only will our returning group be likely to return in reasonable shape, but they’re likely to return fit af, and also be fresh for the 2nd half of the season, as it’s looking extremely clear that anyone who missed a period of training is essentially being made to do about a full preseasons worth of training before they’ll be considered for selection again.

Membrey for instance had a routine knee cleanup that was supposed to see him miss two weeks of training and be available for R1, yet he’s now going to miss the first 6 weeks or so, because they’re putting him through a mini preseason.

While Max was back training with the group but then did a routine hammy in the week leading up to R1 and they’re saying he’s still 6-9 weeks away. His shoulder would be fine by now unless he’s had a setback, so he’s essentially going to miss perhaps 10 weeks because of a regulation 3 week hammy.

So in the 2nd half of the year, when the kids are tiring, we’ll be able to replace them with rock-hard fit and fresh experienced senior bodies.

Great start by the Saints albeit against not great opposition. The test will be when they face quality sides
I’m interested how you compare StK’s wins to the opposition the other undefeated team has faced?

A draw against the Tigers (Saints smashed the team that just beat them by 9 goals).
And three close wins against a winless Cats (Saints smashed the team that beat them last week by 9 goals), Giants (meh) and North (close to wooden spoon favs).

Saints and Blues both looking VG despite both having some key injuries.

I would love to see Ross the Boss get a flag with st Kilda. Fairy tales don't happen often but that would be one. No question
Same, love RTB (aside from his apparent indiscretions at Fremantle ofc) and have a soft spot for the Saints. Deserved a flag with Riewoldt, Hayes, Montagna etc. and wouldn’t be mad if they snagged one this year out of nowhere. They’re owed one.

Do I think it’ll happen? Probably not! However most footy fans would be happy with that outcome.

I’m interested how you compare StK’s wins to the opposition the other undefeated team has faced?

A draw against the Tigers (Saints smashed the team that just beat them by 9 goals).
And three close wins against a winless Cats (Saints smashed the team that beat them last week by 9 goals), Giants (meh) and North (close to wooden spoon favs).

Percentage:

St Kilda- 160
Carlton- 114

Are there any?

Not when they play us.

The Bulldogs were considered a quality side and they beat Brisbane and Richmond in the last 2 weeks but against us they looked like a bottom 4 side.

If we beat Collingwood next week they probably won't be considered a quality side either.

Great start by the Saints albeit against not great opposition. The test will be when they face quality sides
I don’t understand this way of thinking. Fred have looked big ordinary all year, Bulldogs have looked alright after the loss to us, Essendon were up and about and Gold Coast just thumped Geelong. Are they ordinary? Or did they look ordinary because we ran those teams into the ground?

A few in here are getting ahead of themselves.

Judge us after our next three weeks. We have Collingwood, Carlton and Port.

We could be 4-3 after that.
get onboard party pooper

O WHEN THE SAINTS GO 4 AND 0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS go away Carlton fans! What is it with you all?

Enjoy the fact your own club has started the season well.
insecure fans can't stand not being the centre of attention

I love this theory of "we beat the team who beat you so we must be better"

Given the 4 sides you played, you probably should have been at minimum 3-1.

Next 2 games will be interesting.

Is it not logical to compare common opponents when analysing form? This isn’t combat sports where styles make fights.

Your second statement is factually incorrect. We were underdogs going into our round 1 & 2 matches.

Is it not logical to compare common opponents when analysing form? This isn’t combat sports where styles make fights.

Your second statement is factually incorrect. We were underdogs going into our round 1 & 2 matches.
Right, odds clearly dictate the winner. Guess we may as well not play the season and just ask TAB for the premiers!

Western Bulldogs played finals last year and have beaten Brisbane and Richmond in the two weeks after we beat them by 9 goals. They’re a good team and we smacked them.

We also did what we had to against Essendon (blowing them away late, when they were coming hard and drew level), on their home ground, and they’re going to finish this round in 4th spot.

If we’re not the real deal then neither are Carlton.

Right, odds clearly dictate the winner.
Strawmanning. Always a good sign that someone is losing an argument and is getting desperate.

Guess we may as well not play the season and just ask TAB for the premiers!
And now it’s getting even worse and more immature…

Nope, should just refer to your probability assessment and not worry about playing the season. You’re obviously more informed than the markets.
Tipped Saints in all 4 🤷‍♂️
Western Bulldogs played finals last year and have beaten Brisbane and Richmond in the two weeks after we beat them by 9 goals. They’re a good team and we smacked them.

We also did what we had to against Essendon (blowing them away late, when they were coming hard and drew level), on their home ground, and they’re going to finish this round in 4th spot.

If we’re not the real deal then neither are Carlton.
Not once did I say Saints "weren't the real deal". I simply said you beat teams you probably should expect to have beaten.

You lot are insufferable. Then again, I'd be the same if my club had 1 flag in 150 years

Not once did I say Saints "weren't the real deal". I simply said you beat teams you probably should expect to have beaten.

You lot are insufferable. Then again, I'd be the same if my club had 1 flag in 150 years

You're the one coming here to stir the pot.

It was a Blues supporter who started this as well suggesting Carlton was a contender and the Saints were not.

Personally, I'm fine with waiting to see both teams and leaving the insults alone because well there is a shit ton of ammo when it come to Carlton

The old 1 flag in 150 years gag. My apologies, I didn’t realise you’re here to shit post. Carry on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back