Preview St Kilda Saints vs. Fremantle Dockers, Round 1 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I won my cricket semi today so looking forward to wrapping the game early next week so I can celebrate a big win with a couple of frothies watching the boys annihilate the Saints. Then watch the replay the next day when I can see straight

I won my cricket semi today so looking forward to wrapping the game early next week so I can celebrate a big win with a couple of frothies watching the boys annihilate the Saints. Then watch the replay the next day when I can see straight
good luck
Jnr has his semi next week.
finished top after a stirring win this week.
unfortunately am busy next Sat & fortunately at the Freo Saints game on Sunday LIVE yeah, baby!
hopefully a granny the following week.
a mate sometimes joins me & we enjoy a selection of craft beers during the match in the shade
so civilised he even brought galsses last time.
then we part with the team.
thankfully my 22 year old son & his mates like us oldies there (at least they say they do)
off on a tangent. Too much red wine, Nandos & garlic peanuts tonight.
go Freo
here is us a couple of weeks ago
image.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve was working on a few friends to try and get them into AFL for years and then we moved a couple hours away, so their interest kind of fizzled. We’ve been at our current place for a few years and I think I’ve got someone who’s gonna check it out this season. For most Americans, the rest of the world doesn’t exist and if there’s no star spangled banner played before a game they find it insulting or don’t understand what’s going on. Lol.

I’m hoping he’ll stick with it and I’ll have a footy mate to watch a game with. I sure would feel better about myself if I wasn’t drinking bourbon alone at 5am watching Freo. Haha.

Betty White Drinking GIF

good luck
Jnr has his semi next week.
finished top after a stirring win this week.
unfortunately am busy next Sat & fortunately at the Freo Saints game on Sunday LIVE yeah, baby!
hopefully a granny the following week.
a mate sometimes joins me & we enjoy a selection of craft beers during the match in the shade
so civilised he even brought galsses last time.
then we part with the team.
thankfully my 22 year old son & his mates like us oldies there (at least they say they do)
off on a tangent. Too much red wine, Nandos & garlic peanuts tonight.
go Freo
here is us a couple of weeks ago
image.jpg

I thought you were that male model in your avatar

I’ve was working on a few friends to try and get them into AFL for years and then we moved a couple hours away, so their interest kind of fizzled. We’ve been at our current place for a few years and I think I’ve got someone who’s gonna check it out this season. For most Americans, the rest of the world doesn’t exist and if there’s no star spangled banner played before a game they find it insulting or don’t understand what’s going on. Lol.

I’m hoping he’ll stick with it and I’ll have a footy mate to watch a game with. I sure would feel better about myself if I wasn’t drinking bourbon alone at 5am watching Freo. Haha.

Betty White Drinking GIF

Could you drink via zoom with your mates over here?

Could you drink via zoom with your mates over here?
I usually watch the game delayed. It's often between 12-4am, which is brutal on a Sunday. If I wake up early enough, I still can catch the live stream from the start, which allows me to see the pregame, halftime, post game, etc... even though it's delayed. When I wait for 2-3 hours after the end of the game, I only get the video from bounce up to the end of the game. No interviews or any other stuff. Not sure why. I like the build up and the (stupid) commentary before the game, which gives me time to have a coffee, wake up, and pour a dram of bourbon. If someone wants to watch the game delayed by 4-5 hours and zoom with me and share a drink, hit me up! lol. ;)

1678661016663.png

Snuffamonthagus off to a good start!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oof!!!

It says the Saints have 14 on their injury list!! Does that sound familiar?

Oof alright! In most cases I'd think "beware the wounded tiger", but if we're going in near full strength, we should really get this done.

But theories don't get it done. Man, that sounds very Ross-like! Eyikes, still feeling a bit nervy here....things around me have been strange too, and my job is as shite as its ever been.

I need my footy reprieve, so a Round 1 win will be just the tonic thank you (footy Gods I'm talkin to...). Oooooof!

This feels like a game we would have lost or only won by 2 goals last year.

If we have taken a step forward we will be up at half time by 3 goals and win by at least 30 points.

This feels like a game we would have lost or only won by 2 goals last year.

If we have taken a step forward we will be up at half time by 3 goals and win by at least 30 points.

I agree. I want to have Ross Lyon, who is currently in the media getting fluff pieces, suddenly at risk of losing his job they get spanked so comprehensively.

I want the journalists to say that it's not about the personnel missing as their midget forward line is intercept marked over, but their game plan is questioned - their motivation as players is questioned. All that stuff that wouldn't be a problem if they had a star player making average ball movement look elite, but they don't have them at the moment. (Someone will quote that and say they haven't with a full list).

All because... round 2.. they play the Dogs and I want St Kilda to hurt them with a loss since that will help us quite a bit.

In what universe do we lose to the saints and still have a good season? Its a must win for any team who will play at the pointy end, just get it done boys.
It's certainly juicy and ripe for the picking. I also like the fact we're starting at Marvel. Good memories. We could be prepared to have some adjusting to do to start the season. Could see a mirror of R1 last year, fast out of the blocks and then too much time to think at half-time.

Do Fremantle play NOD, Walters and Frederick given St Kilda are decimated OR do the coaches back fully fit Hughes, Sturt/Corbett/Banfield to give them a run and rest others?

Can we amend the option from "rest the others" to "play them in a game in Perth that the players can pull out of at any moment if they either meet their total minutes or feel any soreness"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview St Kilda Saints vs. Fremantle Dockers, Round 1 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back