Preview St.Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point posters potting Billy then because he is the best we have at present.

If Billy plays well and we can limit rance and dusty I think we win this one.

Martin was red hot early on and is having a great year but Stevens and the Steele vice can do a job on him.

I hope we sent big jake forward for a while that will stretch the Tigers defence and give our small forwards a chance to kick a score, longy to show why we selected him.
I'd just like to see our smalls front and centre when there's a contest.

With more tall options, we hopefully lower the eyes and kick to lead rather than bomb it in. Likewise the entries will depend on how much pressure the ball carrier is under when kicking.

Need to use the extra pace to advantage and get into space so we are not rushed when disposing. That way we can get players forward quickly and not allow them to clog up our 50. If we get it in with a fairly open 50, Rance will have no hope because if he leaves his man, we will have someone else ready.

Well that's my fantasy anyway...

Hey guys, sorry to intrude.

Have a spare ticket. L2 section 31 row H. Bought for 78, will sell for 50. Will transfer it through ticket master so all above board. Pm if interested. Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread.

Just to clarify, it is a standalone ticket, so you won't be sitting with a Richmond crew or anything.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude.

Have a spare ticket. L2 section 31 row H. Bought for 78, will sell for 50. Will transfer it through ticket master so all above board. Pm if interested. Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread.

Just to clarify, it is a standalone ticket, so you won't be sitting with a Richmond crew or anything.

Seems like a trap do not trust

4FWg42KhMun5MoGKCsPN_qU34IZZB8hBeUy0IaNT9fdYJWcpLYgonox3a5n6znTL5HkK5A=w344-h427-nc

Acres also trained, but neither of Hickey or Weller were there so if there was to be a late change, you'd imagine it will be Carlisle out for Acres. Saying that though, can't see any reason as to why Jake wouldn't play (if he's not injured).

While there has been significant change in Paddy's body shape this year, I think he is still one pre-season off being 100% ready. It means he's probably half a pace off most contests and in a business where he is likely to be competing against two defenders every week it almost puts Paddy in vulnerable positions. I like that we are protecting our biggest draft investment for the last 16 years. Like everybody else on this forum - I just can't wait for Paddy to come on and rip games apart. But until he's at a level where he can do that let's look after him.

The only thing we need to be wary of in this strategy is to ensure that Paddy understands that the club still sees him as an important part of our future, perhaps the single most important part of our future.

Every other narrative around him is just industrial noise. I think the club must be given some credit for managing players. Have we all forgotten how Billings was mothballed for extended periods? And by the look of things Freeman is just about to embark on a period of sustained performance that will bury his hamstrung start to his AFL career.

I'm choosing to trust our club to get all matters McCartin right. I have faith. I hope Paddy doesn't lose the faith too.
POTY

please post more, always quality!

The Tigers are a very good outfit this year. Well coached, well organised, well disciplined & they do all the small things well which generally makes for a team that will go deep in September. They've finally gelled.

The Tigers have been consistent. They've had the one flogging against the Crows when the Crows were up & about but other than that they've remained in games for all other matches. Defensively they are extremely well drilled & built their defence around Rance who's an absolute freak.

The three best players from both teams belong to the Tigers - Rance, Dusty & Cotchin (underrated year, he's been fantastic). Whilst the Tigers have the star power, we do have some honest players that give their all but we'll need guys like Billings, Steven, Ross & Carlisle to play out of their skin to be a chance.

I give us a chance but mainly cos I know what type of footy we can play as displayed verse GWS & for a quarter & a bit against the Hawks. The problem is aside from those two games we've been inconsistent & struggle to put four good quarters together. Teams generally get run ons against us & score heavily for long periods. The Freo game we were much better though & that was our best performance since beating GWS.

Tigers favourites & deservedly so. I can see them being too strong & too organised & win comfortably by 5 goals. Hope I'm wrong.
Richmond are MOR aided by a good draw so far.Done nothing more than beat the sides below them and around them - failed against Adelaide, Doggies, Swans and even got beaten by Freo at home.

Definitely beatable - I'm sure we will get enough shots on goal to win - it will come down to our accuracy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I think the club are being super cautious it's entirely plausible for a player to pass a test immediately after the knock and then begin suffering the effects later on. The chance of this would be increased given Paddy has had multiple head injuries in the past.
I'm pretty sure that your on the money L_W_P.

Paddy passed the test just after his collision.

I believe another test is done later in the following week.......which we can assume he didn't pass.

Which is a little worrying.

As several posters said who were at the game....he did not go for the ball the correct way which set him up for another head knock.

I love our club and defend our club; I could at times be referred to as a bit of a fanboi. I think they generally know what they're doing these days and deserve our support. Nonetheless they sometimes leave me a bit perplexed. Well twice within a few hours.

I, like some others, can't see how Ben Long has been chosen on form. I don't get to see the VFL but follow the reports from those who do. Apart from the game where Paddy kicked 7 goals, I can't recall Longy getting much of it or being spoken of glowingly. Similarly, the club (Richo) keep bringing up the preseason game against Carlton. I recall a tackle, free kick & goal but it was a small cameo rather than a full on BOG performance. Nonetheless it was used to justify his senior selection come the real season. I hope the kid does well but his selection is surely due to the need for pace and x-factor rather than a reward for great form.

And then there's Paddy. We're told he's not playing at any level this week because he (just) failed some sort of "concussion test" 2 weeks after his head clash. Yet we we're previously told he passed some sort of "concussion test" within 30 minutes or so of the same head clash. The club implied he could've come back on but said they took the cautious route. So has his condition worsened with rest or is the initial match day test flawed?

Even for a dodgy doctor such as me, it seems odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc, the tests doctors do to players are rushed and aren't always conclusive. For example, players have been sent back out to play even though they have done an ACL.

Paddy has had enough concussions to make sure we play it super safe and his safety should be absolutely paramount ATM.

Can he ruck? Would like to see him step for Bruce although even thoug Bruce is not effective in the ruck it does bring him into the game
I would throw him in as second ruck then send him forward if there is no matchup for carlisle.

Doc, the tests doctors do to players are rushed and aren't always conclusive. For example, players have been sent back out to play even though they have done an ACL.

Paddy has had enough concussions to make sure we play it super safe and his safety should be absolutely paramount ATM.

Cheers hollywood.

No bigger fan of Paddy than yours truly and I'm happy for the club to play it very conservatively.

Just seemed a bit strange that's all.

This is a huge fortnight for DMac..

He finished last year in really promising form, i was definitely hoping he'd be a fixture in this years 22 and moving forward but websters sensational improvement has caused him to miss out..

I reckon he's got some terrific attributes, here's hoping he has a good game tomorrow night
Montagna won't be around forever, so there will be a place up for grabs in future for a good ball user. Important chance for both DMac and Sav to show their worth to the team. Obviously at different stages of their career, but maybe a similar situation for them at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back