Preview St.Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For arguments sake, let's say Steven gets a fine, Gilbert misses with the head knock and Weller runs out of credits...

OUT: Gilbert (inj.), Weller (omit.)
IN: Freeman, Savage

FB: Geary - Brown - Webster
HB: Roberton - Carlisle - Montagna
RK: Longer - Steele - Stevens
CR: Savage - Ross - Newnes
HF: Gresham - Riewoldt - Billings
FF: Steven - Bruce - Membrey
IC: Sinclair Freeman Dunstan Lonie

If Steven misses, or Dunstan runs out of credits as well, then Acres in.

Frankly, I'd be putting my cash on no changes.

If Steven out: Acres in
If Weller out: Sav in playing HFF
If Roo out: MG in
If Gilbert out: Rice in and Joey to Gilbo’s role.

Sorry for the intrusion, just thought id come in and say great in over in perth and good luck for this week

My mum is a mad saint and was going nuts yesterday afternoon, so this match up is always circled on our fixtures as its for the house bragging rights

Should be a great game imo, we match up pretty well on eachother. I reckon you will definitely tag Dusty, which will make things extremely interesting for us if he is well held.

Our forward line consists of Riewoldt and 5 smalls. Lloyd plays as the second marking forward while Rioli, Butler, Castagna and anyone of Bolton/Stengle play the harassing high pressure roles. The way you guys handle our forward pressure will play a big part in the result of this match.

Im interested to see our match ups for your forwards and who Rance goes too, usually he runs with Nick but its tough to call.

We dont play a second ruck, Riewoldt usually takes forward 50 ruck duties while Grigg chops Nank out around the ground. The midfield battle will be key to the outcome with Martin/Cotch/Prestia/Caddy/Edwards/Grigg going up against Steven/Steele/Dunstan/Ross/Newnes.

Anyway just thought id add my two cents, hope its a ripper!

Just so everyone is clear moving forward on the situation with Jack Steven.

He has already been to the MRP on two previous occasions in 2017:

Round 7 - Found Guilty of Engaging in Misconduct - Fined $1000 with Early Guilty Plea
Round 10 - Found Guilty of Striking - Fined $1000 with Early Guilty Plea

If he is found guilty of striking, this will result in an automatic 1 game suspension.

His only saving grace is those words 'Insufficient Force'.

Cross your fingers

Freeman should not come in and this is not purely from a stats perspective. Having torn my hamstring 3 times, there's a HUGE difference in making that jump from putting your body at 80-90% and hitting 100%. It's also a mental thing. I assure you he isn't at 100% regarding the hamstring and will not be able to really put on the burners for another couple of months - why risk putting him into the AFL where he (mentally) might push himself to play at 100% and risk another tear.

We couldnt of asked for a better lead up game from freo coming into this. They had their pressure hats on, start to finish and I loved how we pulled out on top.
Richmond more of the same. Great pressure side with a few aces. Not hugely different from what we just faced.
They have better talls up forward but our backline is our strength.
Think were a sneaky chance here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me crazy, but do we need both Brown & Carlisle to play this week due to Richmond supposedly having only 1 tall?

Freeman should not come in and this is not purely from a stats perspective. Having torn my hamstring 3 times, there's a HUGE difference in making that jump from putting your body at 80-90% and hitting 100%. It's also a mental thing. I assure you he isn't at 100% regarding the hamstring and will not be able to really put on the burners for another couple of months - why risk putting him into the AFL where he (mentally) might push himself to play at 100% and risk another tear.
So you never made your AFL debut then?

Steven out suspended and we really should drop Brown for this game as he has no match up. Acres will be in and Savage as a back or McKenzie. They wont drop Brown though.

Well I watched the Sandy game on Sunday and he was the only one who looked likely - and before anyone says "What about Freeman?" - he played inside mid all game but with Dunstan, Steele and Stevens playing inside mids our weakness is outside run and kicking skills.

On Freeman - I am dead certain he is being asked to play that role for one reason and one reason only - it restricts the need for him to really attempt to burst away from packs. Still baby steps ATM.
More concerned about his AFL form than VFL. He's absolutely pathetic defensively. I'd much rather pump extra games into white, McKenzie or even give Rice a debut than give Sav, who hopefully won't be on our list next year more game time.

For arguments sake, let's say Steven gets a fine, Gilbert misses with the head knock and Weller runs out of credits...

OUT: Gilbert (inj.), Weller (omit.)
IN: Freeman, Savage

FB: Geary - Brown - Webster
HB: Roberton - Carlisle - Montagna
RK: Longer - Steele - Stevens
CR: Savage - Ross - Newnes
HF: Gresham - Riewoldt - Billings
FF: Steven - Bruce - Membrey
IC: Sinclair Freeman Dunstan Lonie

If Steven misses, or Dunstan runs out of credits as well, then Acres in.

Frankly, I'd be putting my cash on no changes.

Agree we need to add speed ...and over this cotton wool thing with Freeman .

Manage his minutes & the club need to reward Savage's form .

Brown is the best match up we've had for Jack in years. No chance we are dropping him. And we have happily played Carlisle against mid size forwards all year and allowed him to intercept (and kick goals). We won't be changing that structure which is probably the only part of our team that works well every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brown is the best match up we've had for Jack in years. No chance we are dropping him. And we have happily played Carlisle against mid size forwards all year and allowed him to intercept (and kick goals). We won't be changing that structure which is probably the only part of our team that works well every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack doesn't play as a stay at home forward. He is perfect for Carlisle. Brown is to slow for him. And that structure lost a game when Brown had no match up against the WB I believe. It was certainly a side where the forward dominated us. The tigers play 5 smaller players forward. There is no need for Brown at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back