2nds Sturt vs Port Adelaide - Round 16 @ Unley

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment, I reckon it is an advantage that the contracted players train separately to the afl lads. That's how poor our development looks.
It’s pretty Pi$$ poor, how a team with almost a third AFL listed players each week are made to look dills in a state league comp.
The whole concept of winning or having any pride in yourself or the jumper you’re playing for is totally lost in this Mickey Mouse organization.
It’s like they’re there just to have a run around to see if there not injured.
Form is irrelevant.

Probably a bit harsh on Anastasopolous. I have my doubts he has AFL ability but he has performed ok at sanfl level.

Unfortunately with Charleson I see no AFL traits at all. He cant kick more than about 35 metres. He has no tricks. He isn't very fast.

He is like a poor man's McEntee. I would actually consider delisting him at the end of this year

Probably a bit harsh on Anastasopolous. I have my doubts he has AFL ability but he has performed ok at sanfl level.

Unfortunately with Charleson I see no AFL traits at all. He cant kick more than about 35 metres. He has no tricks. He isn't very fast.

He is like a poor man's McEntee. I would actually consider delisting him at the end of this year
Hate to be first year player straight out of an U 18 comp and sent to this soulless leaderless shit show of a team.
Last week there was an 18 year old playing his 3rd game for South Adelaide taking the absolute piss out of us, they actually had a bit of system.

Interesting take on Charleson because from what I know he was picked by Robbie Gray and the last one he picked out worked out alright in Butters. Putting a line through him in his first season where he's also had injuries is harsh

Interesting take on Charleson because from what I know he was picked by Robbie Gray and the last one he picked out worked out alright in Butters. Putting a line through him in his first season where he's also had injuries is harsh
Is there anything that you have seen in his game which screams AFL quality to you?

I just don't see it. When he marks the ball 40m out and is looking to pass it off, I just don't understand. What sort of league footballer, a forward mind you, cannot kick that distance.

Butters was a first rounder all day every day. Charleson was a speculative late pick. Butters was a high chance of working out whether he was picked by Robbie Gray or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anything that you have seen in his game which screams AFL quality to you?

I just don't see it. When he marks the ball 40m out and is looking to pass it off, I just don't understand. What sort of league footballer, a forward mind you, cannot kick that distance.

Butters was a first rounder all day every day. Charleson was a speculative late pick. Butters was a high chance of working out whether he was picked by Robbie Gray or not.
I'll admit I haven't watched him much in SANFL this year but as a draft prospect there was plenty of traits that I saw in him for a small forward. Decent wheels, has good goal kicking sense and idk why he can't kick 40m now (going by what you're saying) but he was very clean with the ball and had good use too in his U18s. But obviously a late draft prospect and hence why culling him after 1 year is harsh.

Has also had injuries this year which is not ideal and also playing small forward for a side that's bottom is probably the most difficult position to play.

I'm not saying he'll become an AFL player for sure but can't delist him on the back of 1 season.

If only Grave Danger chinned this farkwit as opposed to tipping a bucket of water on him.

Lol. We're playing AFL at Adelaide Oval.

Your playing at a community oval where you need to erect fences and clean up dog shit first.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The other way of looking at it is that Jed Hagan was significantly better than Charleson (and Tommy A) in every possible statistical category you can think of and he wasn't even on an AFL list.

And we didn't draft him.

It’s pretty Pi$$ poor, how a team with almost a third AFL listed players each week are made to look dills in a state league comp.
The whole concept of winning or having any pride in yourself or the jumper you’re playing for is totally lost in this Mickey Mouse organization.
It’s like they’re there just to have a run around to see if there not injured.
Form is irrelevant.
Absolutely p*** poor, we had at least 14 AFL listed players in the Maggie's line up both yesterday, and in that even more pathetic effort against South at Alberton last week.

Questions need to be asked at the AGM as to how weak the Maggies have been allowed to become under this, as you suggest `Mickey Mouse' regime, because if they aren't the whole thing will just be swept under the carpet again.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Sturt vs Port Adelaide - Round 16 @ Unley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back